Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho ITT: Cid has a really, really stupid idea

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Pay attention, fresh meat. Sergeant Cid here. And I’ve got something that you need to hear, so listen up.

Lately, I’ve been hearing a lot of belly aching about how this game is so tough, and how it’s so unfair that all of the veteran players get to buy the best gear.

Well… Ol’ Sarge has good news for you fresh recruits. I’m going to hook you up with some damn fine gear, and a damn fine price.

The Master Ball
23 Points of extra Offense will help you annihilate those pesky forums. And 33 Points of Extra Defense will enable you to shrug off practically any type of damage.

”But, Sarge… I’m a poor shmuck with barely any Flezz at all… and them there Master Balls run at least  400K! How can I afford that?”

It’s simple, newbie. I ain’t sellin’ them for 400K. Try 16,250.

You read that right. 16,250. Just go run a few missions for them FBO fellers, or that sneaky bastard Shallow Esophagus, and you should have the flezz you need, so that you can buy the Gear You Need.

Now, here’s the catch. This offer is open only to our newest recruits. You veterans need to move along and give these green maggots a chance. To qualify, you need to be a true newbie, meaning you signed up for the ForumWarz less than 2 months ago. Just go ahead and post in this thread, and I’ll get in touch with you and see about getting you set up.

Now, after I’ve taken care of the newbies, if I’ve got any left, then I’ll open it up to some of our more experienced soldiers. But the new kids get first dibs, copy that?

First come, first serve. Get moving, maggots!

May Hem

Avatar: 49543 Fri Oct 31 11:14:35 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Isn’t this kind of, you know, making the game unnecessarily easy for people?

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

May Hem Posted:

And here I thought was doing something nice for the new kids.

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

May Hem Posted:

making an easy game even easier

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

And here I thought was doing something nice for the new kids.

How can you be certain they will get the item? Isn’t there like an hour before the buyout comes into play where anyone could bid like 20k and then it’ll make the auction run it’s normal course? Seems to me like you’re teasing newbies potentially, which as a mod, isn’t very nice.

May Hem

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

well, would you have liked having GameDolphin when you were playing for the first time? I don’t hear a lot of complaints that the game is far too difficult to get through.

Leechbait

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

May Hem Posted:

well, would you have liked having GameDolphin when you were playing for the first time? I don’t hear a lot of complaints that the game is far too difficult to get through.

****ing mods forcing people to buy equipment and wear it daaaamn theeeeeemmmmmmmmm

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

brb, checking kyoubai every hour to snipe auctions.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Wylin Posted:

How can you be certain they will get the item? Isn’t there like an hour before the buyout comes into play where anyone could bid like 20k and then it’ll make the auction run it’s normal course? Seems to me like you’re teasing newbies potentially, which as a mod, isn’t very nice.

1. Bidding more than the Buyout price does not disable the Buyout function. (At least, the last time I checked, it didn’t have that effect)

2. I wouldn’t publicly advertise the auction. I’d ask them when they’d be available to ‘snipe’ it, and then list the auction and TM them the link accordingly.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Sergeant Cid Posted:

1. Bidding more than the Buyout price does not disable the Buyout function. (At least, the last time I checked, it didn’t have that effect)

If I bid more than the buyout, I’m pretty sure they need to outbid me to get it, which effectively does eliminate the buyout and make the auction run it’s course.

May Hem

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Just so I know, is it okay if my friend makes an alt, and I arrange for them to have top equipment at level one? (And then they could do the same for me, obviously)

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

brb, setting iMacros so I can snipe all the Master Balls from Kyoubai.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

May Hem Posted:

Yes, this is actually an evil plot on my part to have newer players finish the first Episode super-fast, and then feel forced to buy Brownie Points to continue the story. Log in to see images!

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Wylin Posted:

If I bid more than the buyout, I’m pretty sure they need to outbid me to get it, which effectively does eliminate the buyout and make the auction run it’s course.

You could be right. I’ve never actually tested that. Care to help me test that theory with a low level piece of Junk?

Edit: Go ahead and bid 5 on This Tire. Then we’ll wait for an hour to see if the Buyout Function still works.

Sergeant Cid edited this message on 06/07/2009 6:47PM

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Fran Posted:

BRB, listing one of those Master Balls for 16,250,000.

Leechbait

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

Fran Posted:

admission to premediated scripting if you win any auctions you get banned ithink

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Sergeant Cid Posted:

You could be right. I’ve never actually tested that. Care to help me test that theory with a low level piece of Junk?

I certainly will. TM me which item you’d like to put a buyout on and I’ll outbid it by some to see.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Leechbait Posted:

admission to premediated scripting if you win any auctions you get banned ithink

Scripting so I can get an auto-reload on Kyoubai =! Scripting runs

May Hem

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Yes, this is actually an evil plot on my part to have newer players finish the first Episode super-fast, and then feel forced to buy Brownie Points to continue the story. Log in to see images!

Well, I think your motives may be pure but misguided. And my previous remark was to question whether this is within the rules, or the spirit of the rules.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Edit: Go ahead and bid 5 on This Tire. Then we’ll wait for an hour to see if the Buyout Function still works.

it doesn’t show any buyout price currently, I put up this auction: http://www.forumwarz.com/auctions/show/264810-lump-of-used-copper-wire

with :

The seller has set a buy out price for this item at 3,000. It will be enabled in 60 minutes.

to also help you test.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!