Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho ITT: Cid has a really, really stupid idea

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Well, that looks like it answers that. I didn’t realize that you could kill buyouts like that.

If the buyout doesn’t reappear after the first hour elapses, then that basically kills the entire idea.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

I just bid exactly 300 on this. Would someone bid 299 to force my bid to 300?

Edit: Nevermind, someone bought it out.

And just FYI… this isn’t ‘just for my buddies’. It was open to anyone that’s new to the game, and then if I had any leftover, it was open for everyone. To insinuate that this was some sort of ‘special deal’ just for ‘my buddies’ is ridiculous. If that was the case… do you really think I would be stupid enough to make a public thread announcing it? Maybe it’s difficult to fathom for you, but the only intent of this promotion was to help out some newbies, and make them feel welcome. Suggesting that it was ‘abuse’ or ‘just for my friends’ is kind of ridiculous.

Sergeant Cid edited this message on 06/07/2009 7:23PM

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

Fran Posted:

Scripting so I can get an auto-reload on Kyoubai =! Scripting runs

scripting is only illegal if it helps you gain dom scoops or top speedrun leaderboards

unless its blackjack

so if you dont use the masterball to help you get scoops at all then it is okay i guess

May Hem

Avatar: 49543 Fri Oct 31 11:14:35 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Sergeant Cid Posted:

And just FYI… this isn’t ‘just for my buddies’. It was open to anyone that’s new to the game, and then if I had any leftover, it was open for everyone. To insinuate that this was some sort of ‘special deal’ just for ‘my buddies’ is ridiculous. If that was the case… do you really think I would be stupid enough to make a public thread announcing it? Maybe it’s difficult to fathom for you, but the only intent of this promotion was to help out some newbies, and make them feel welcome. Suggesting that it was ‘abuse’ or ‘just for my friends’ is kind of ridiculous.

If you mean me, I suggested just the opposite, that you had good motives, but I don’t think your idea was well thought out.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

May Hem Posted:

If you mean me, I suggested just the opposite, that you had good motives, but I don’t think your idea was well thought out.

No, not you. I’m not going to call anyone specific out. I think everyone that posted here realized the actual intention of this idea, instead of automatically bumuming that it was some sort of ‘nefarious scheme’.

Some people just can’t ever see the possibility of a positive intent in the world, and simply bumume that everyone ‘has an angle’.

Ladybugs

Avatar: 183041 Thu Jun 11 03:38:04 -0400 2009

Level 13 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

So is this offer still valid or is your boy’s arguing and the buyout ishkabibble invalidating?

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

No, not you. I’m not going to call anyone specific out. I think everyone that posted here realized the actual intention of this idea, instead of automatically bumuming that it was some sort of ‘nefarious scheme’.

Some people just can’t ever see the possibility of a positive intent in the world, and simply bumume that everyone ‘has an angle’.

Sorry if I came across that way. I thought it was a gray area of potential kyoubai abuse, but I was more concerned about you “teasing” newbies with something that you tell them they can get, then they can’t. Which I thought was rather poor form to have a mod possibly getting newbies hopes up to only be let down.

I suggest move to closet of shame.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Wylin Posted:

Sorry if I came across that way. I thought it was a gray area of potential kyoubai abuse, but I was more concerned about you “teasing” newbies with something that you tell them they can get, then they can’t. Which I thought was rather poor form to have a mod possibly getting newbies hopes up to only be let down.

I suggest move to closet of shame.

No, you didn’t come across that way at all. And I honestly didn’t realize that you can kill a buyout price that way. That right there kind of kills the entire idea.

Instead, I guess what I’ll have to do is simply have a standing offer for any newer players that finally get enough flezz to outright buy an MB to get in touch with me, and if there isn’t one available in the Ppwn Shoppe or Kyoubai, I’ll list one.

But, yeah, agreed, this needs to be moved to CoS, since I’m too stupid to realize that it wouldn’t work this way anyways.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!