Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Help Don't ban me!

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

So I’m going to be leaving tomorrow to go to a friend’s house (on the opposite coast.) The thing is, they also play Forumwarz. If I log into my account while I’m there, will I be b&?

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

So bampersand!

Probably not. I think it goes by IP address so you just won’t have any visits. But if I’m wrong correct me.

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

You will get visits, but you’re liable to be b&.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

At risk of giving away our top secret ban formula: if you just do it once chances are very low that you’d be banned. We look for repeat offenders.

Evil Trout edited this message on 03/13/2008 1:39PM

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Alright, thanks. Good to know.

I don’t think they’re a very active player anyways.

Arktor edited this message on 03/13/2008 2:13PM

Barking Land-
Trout

[Scorehero]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

For the sake of clarification, can anyone explain why playing from a different location could risk leading to a ban? I travel a lot, and so if this is an issue, it’s one that I’d like to be aware of before I leave my city/timezone.

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

Barking Land Trout Posted:

For the sake of clarification, can anyone explain why playing from a different location could risk leading to a ban? I travel a lot, and so if this is an issue, it’s one that I’d like to be aware of before I leave my city/timezone.

They track IPs to make sure that people aren’t playing multiple free accounts. Since Arktor was going to a place where she’d be on the IP network of someone else who plays, she was worried it’d flag her as having multiple free accounts.

Spartapie

[naga stole my bike]

Level 4 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

lol this is not WoW

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Barking Land Trout Posted:

As I understand, it isn’t so much playing from a different location as it is playing from the same external IP address as someone else who plays. (Thank goodness, I travel a lot too.)

BritishSeven-
fold

Avatar: 13869 2012-10-13 16:34:26 -0400

Level 69 Troll

fabulous person

Escher Posted:

They track IPs to make sure that people aren’t playing multiple free accounts. Since Arktor was going to a place where she’d be on the IP network of someone else who plays, she was worried it’d flag her as having multiple free accounts.

What’s wrong with having multiple free accounts? I don’t even see a point in having it, since you can’t send other players flezz or anything. Besides, even if you get banned, you could always use a proxy or turn off your router for about 5 minutes and then you get a new ip. Log in to see images!

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

BritishSevenfold Posted:

What’s wrong with having multiple free accounts? I don’t even see a point in having it, since you can’t send other players flezz or anything. Besides, even if you get banned, you could always use a proxy or turn off your router for about 5 minutes and then you get a new ip. Log in to see images!

But then you’d lose your hard-earned character. I don’t have a clue what’s wrong with multiple accounts. I can think of ways in which they could potentially be abused, though.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Actually I’m going to playing from a different location/IP for the next week as I’m house sitting.

I’m in y’er house eating y’er RAM!

Ronald Jerum

[Wootz]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Wow, I didn’t know IP addresses were checked often. Is it in any way possible to see characters being used from different computers within the same house? My roomie has a character and I might have to make him give up the game/buy him an account.

Dante Kinkade

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

TSB-positive

Though is it allowed for you to play from other computers? because I have played from college inbetween clbumes a few times, so if not will stop doing that.

clock worker

Level 14 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

i think the main reason you cannot have multiple acounts is because they have a option to get multiple character with brownie points.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!