Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Getting my first xbox 360 soon.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Yeah, yeah, kinda late eh? Oh well.

What I plan on buying, any other suggestions?

Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite Bundle w/Halo 3 & Fable 2 – Retail(Two great games in 1! plus the system).

CrackDown for 10 dollars

A Intercooler

Xbox live starter kit

So any suggestion on what else I should get when I first get the system?

I plan on getting Fallout 3 if I can’t upgrade my comp.

I’m getting left 4 dead for pc.

Chawin

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

The xbox live arcade hosts some really awesome games, though you need to purchase them with microsoft points.

Each game is around £4 (not sure how much in USD)

Games I own/love from the XBLA:

A Kingdom for Keflings – Sort of like Age of Empires, you use your avatar to build towns and villages. Short, sweet, nice online, good bit of fun.

Banjo-Kazooie – Its the same as the original, so still awesome.

Boom Boom Rocket – Sort of like DDR, ‘cept with fireworks. Very tripy, very fun.

Braid – HOW COULD I FORGET THIS. Easily one of the best games ever made. Its genius. Time manipulative gameplay, but on a whole new level

Carcbumonne/Catan – Like the actual boardgame, but quicker.

Castle Crashers/Alien Hominid – Both made by the Behemoth guys from Newgrounds, entertaining, fun, and huge replayability.

Geometry Wars – Another one I shouldn’t have forgot. Trippy. On so many levels. Buy it.

Marble Blast – One of my favourites, its just balance the ball through a course sort of game.

Peggle – Only just got this, but its more addicting than tetris. Luck, skill, bit of both. Keeps me up till 4am either way.

Portal: Still Alive – Portal, with extra stuff. Good buy

Puzzle Quest – HOW COULD I FORGET THIS TOO. Huge game. Huge. Bejewled, but with more adventures etc. Its awesome. Buy it.

RoboBlitz – Hugely overlooked game, amazing physics engine, whole lotta fun.

Street Fighter II – ‘cmooon. Its awesome.

UNO – For when you want to relax

Bearing in mind all these games can be played on trial first, about a 5 minute download. Worth trying them out even if your not going to buy them.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Kameo

Street Fighter IV

Oblivion (if not for PC)

Dead Rising

Lost Odyssey

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Anything I should get when I first buy the system? I plan on buying games over time, but thanks for adding games to my list!

Bigandtasty

Avatar: 67579 Sat Jan 17 15:30:20 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Burnout Paradise if you like non-serious racing ($20 new)

Mbum Effect if you like Knights of the Old Republic and WRPGs in general ($20 new get the Platinum Hits edition if you can find it; comes with a bonus disc of $5 DLC and various other stuff)

BioShock and Dead Space are about $30 new and are both great experiences if you like shooters, but lack replay value so rent them if you’re frugal.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Bigandtasty Posted:

Burnout Paradise if you like non-serious racing ($20 new)

Mbum Effect if you like Knights of the Old Republic and WRPGs in general ($20 new get the Platinum Hits edition if you can find it; comes with a bonus disc of $5 DLC and various other stuff)

BioShock and Dead Space are about $30 new and are both great experiences if you like shooters, but lack replay value so rent them if you’re frugal.

What’s Mbum Effect like? I’ve nevr palyed KotOR. Thanks for the info about Bioshock, I will probably rent it.

Chawin

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Bigandtasty Posted:

BioShock

Bigandtasty Posted:

BioShock

Bigandtasty Posted:

BioShock

Bigandtasty Posted:

BioShock

Bigandtasty

Avatar: 67579 Sat Jan 17 15:30:20 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

In Mbum Effect the actions and decision making do not revolve around your shooting reflexes, but rather how you manage your special abilities and your squad members. The shooting and cover system are there but the AI is very simple so it’s mostly about using your abilities to your advantage.

Also the sidequests can be tedious because they are similar to one another and revolve around driving an all-terrain tank around on planet surfaces. I didn’t mind it that much but your mileage may vary.

Mystic Autism

Avatar: 89021 2010-02-05 19:11:53 -0500

Level 58 Troll

“Grendel”

BioShock, Mbum Effect, Fallout 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, the Wolverine Origins game, and, uh…

...Tales Of Vesperia Log in to see images!

MINION9000

Avatar: 118643 Tue Feb 17 04:27:14 -0500 2009

[pizza party]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Do not buy a intercooler

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

I’d recommend:

bumbumin’s Creed (and bumbumin’s Creed 2 when it comes out)

Bioshock

EA Skate 2

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men (severely underrated game)

Resident Evil 5

I’ll think of some more games later.

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

CrinkzPipe Posted:

What’s Mbum Effect like? I’ve nevr palyed KotOR.

IMO KotOR is a very good RPG with an amazing storyline.

Potilas

Avatar: 149302 Sun Apr 19 07:42:31 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

AntiRules187 Posted:

IMO KotOR is a very good RPG with an amazing storyline.

I’ve played KotOR 1 and 2 , and I can say that they are great games, even if you’re not into Star Wars that much.

mgc norsman

[WeChall]

Level 33 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Yeah, yeah, kinda late eh? Oh well.

What I plan on buying, any other suggestions?

Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite Bundle w/Halo 3 & Fable 2 – Retail(Two great games in 1! plus the system).

CrackDown for 10 dollars

A Intercooler

Xbox live starter kit

So any suggestion on what else I should get when I first get the system?

I plan on getting Fallout 3 if I can’t upgrade my comp.

I’m getting left 4 dead for pc.

dont get an intercooler it actually make the xbox hotter just leave it in a well ventalated place and vagreat timese around it regularly

for games i suggest fallout 3 its a great shooter/rpg grand theft auto 4 halo 3 is a must gears of war 2 and far cry 2

mgc norsman edited this message on 06/16/2009 3:22PM

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

MINION9000 Posted:

Do not buy a intercooler

Definitely don’t get an intercooler. The added power consumption tends to cause the innards to overheat more than they would without the intercooler, which makes it a net negative. Plus, the infamous failure rate for the 360 applies much more to the older SKUs (which get replaced by the same SKU when returned for repairs, which is why some people get RROD’d repeatedly) than the modern ones, which are fairly reliable.

If the OP just buys a modern SKU (which it appears is the case), and keeps it in a well ventilated place, overheating shouldn’t be a problem.

EDIT: Also, the Xbox Live starter kit that the OP is thinking about buying? Don’t get that. It comes with a 60 GB HD (but the elite already has a 120 GB hard drive, no need to buy another unless you fill that up first and need to swap), a headset mic (which already comes with the xbox), a 3 month live card (you can just buy the cards for live subscriptions a la carte, a year is like $39), and an ethernet cord which is a $4 part and most people already own several. The linked product is for people who have the Xbox Arcade and want to upgrade, but with an elite you won’t need it.

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 06/16/2009 5:01PM

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Thanks for the warnings and such will save me some money.

@Fallout 3: I might get it if I can’t upgrade my PC. If I can upgrade my pc? Well I’m going to go find my eyepatch and pegleg.

I just want the best I can get to hope it doesn’t break down.

STORY TIME:

My aunt and uncles xbox 360 got RROD and had to send it back for repairs. Costed them around 70 bucks. Guess what happend when it was sent back to them? IT was STILL RRODing. They had to send it back paying ANOTHER 70 bucks. Did Microsoft just give up and send a new one? Noo, they tried to repair it again. Guess what’s wrong now? The motor on it is broken! They havn’t been able to play it for more than a week before it breaks.

/STORYTIME

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

If you can’t upgrade your PC get Prototype, you will love that ****.

CrinkzPipe Posted:

STORY TIME:

My aunt and uncles xbox 360 got RROD and had to send it back for repairs. Costed them around 70 bucks. Guess what happend when it was sent back to them? IT was STILL RRODing. They had to send it back paying ANOTHER 70 bucks. Did Microsoft just give up and send a new one? Noo, they tried to repair it again. Guess what’s wrong now? The motor on it is broken! They havn’t been able to play it for more than a week before it breaks.

/STORYTIME

That’s what M$ is like, pretty old news.

sobnits

[WeChall]

Level 32 Emo Kid

“Zorba the Bleak”

I bumure you it will be one of many Log in to see images!

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

CrinkzPipe Posted:

STORY TIME:

/STORYTIME

Yeah, this is common. It’s common for people who have one RROD to get another, since what Microsoft does is “when someone sends in a RROD’d Xbox for repairs, they send them back an identical model”. So if the particular build of the Xbox is prone to destroying itself (as the first several iterations of the console were), when it destroys itself and you return it for repairs, the one you get returned to you will also be prone to destroying itself.

In subsequent builds of the console, they reduced the size of some components, moved other components around, doubled the number of heatsinks, and did some other things effect of “making the console more reliable.” If you buy one that was manufactured in the last year or so, you have a lot less to worry about than if you bought one three years ago. Regardless, Microsoft was forced into adopting a fairly generous warranty due to the reliability concerns, as if you get RROD’d or E74’d at any point in the first three years from purchase, the repairs will just cost you shipping.

I bought mine last fall with a freshly minted SKU, and provided I keep it well-ventilated, I can leave it on all night and the fan doesn’t even get loud. The new ones are a lot better than the old ones.

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 06/16/2009 5:56PM

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

****. Mine just RROD’d. Only 2 years in, though. I’m still ****ed at Microsoft, but not as ****ed as I’d be if they expected me to pay to fix it.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!