Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Video Games Little King's Story is easily one of the greatest games on the Wii, and in fact one of the best and most unique I've played in a long while.

Something_Wi-
tty

Avatar: 32289 2010-01-24 16:35:06 -0500

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

OH GOD WHAT THE **** IS THAT MY HEAD JUST GOT DECAPITATED

Think Pikmin/Harvest Moon/Animal Crossing, combined with good ol’ fashioned world domination & imperialism. Also, you can bumign various jobs to your citizens that will help you to treasure hunt & fight, ultimately bulding new stuff and expanding your kingdom.

To steal a quote from IGN, ”What a devious game. On the surface, a title with a severe attack of the cutes, full of colour and glitter and sparkle and princesses and killer frogs. No. Not at all. This is a game of global conquest, genocide, religion and urban expansion that is shockingly deep and subtly bleak. And it sneaks up on you with all of these themes, waving flowers in your face, all the while silently twisting a knife into your side. Make no mistake: Little King’s Story is anything but little. Don’t ignore this one.”

This game is pretty freaking big, I just beat the 2nd major boss out of 7 (that I’m aware of, and not counting the crapton of unique guardians you fight to expand), and I’m about 10 hours in. There’s quests, collectibles, equippable items, unlockable character clbumes, selectable difficulty levels, and plenty of clbumical music that fits alarmingly well. The game has a wonderful sense of charm to it, and is full of nice small touches, like your entire kingdom throwing a festival whenever you beat a major boss. Also you can have multiple wives Log in to see images!

It’s currently selling terribly here in AU/EU, and comes out in the US next month. If this becomes the next Psychonauts, I think a large part of me will die in frustration with people. Seriously, this is GOTY material imo.

Here’s one of the early (and easier) guardian bosses of the game

CoreyJess

Avatar: 2355 2015-02-10 15:56:06 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Pie cannot hide overwhelming naughtiness!

Thanks for the heads up Switty, I had forgotten about this game. I’ll pick it up when it’s released. How long would you guess the whole game is? 60-70 hrs?

Also, I’m glad I’m not the only one still ****ed about Psychonauts.

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Bought it a week or so ago after you first mentioned it and haven’t been able to put it down.

Its beautiful, both graphically and gameplay wise.

At the moment, it is the greatest Wii game out there, and anyone who owns a Wii should buy this.

Now.

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

CoreyJess Posted:

Thanks for the heads up Switty, I had forgotten about this game. I’ll pick it up when it’s released. How long would you guess the whole game is? 60-70 hrs?

Also, I’m glad I’m not the only one still ****ed about Psychonauts.

I only found out about it last week, there’s been like no ads or anything. I gave it a rent for a laugh, then immediately broke my usual ‘only buy after its been out for a while and is cheap’ embargo. I didn’t regret it.

I wouldn’t know yet as i haven’t finished it, but all the reviewers are calling it ‘the Wii’s longest adventure, especially if you do everything’. At a rather rough estimate, I’d say there’s at the very least 35+ hours or so, which is pretty damn long for this kind of game. It hasn’t started getting repetetive yet though Log in to see images!

CoreyJess

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Would you say the game play is easy enough for kids to be able to play. My daughter is in the phase when she has to play everything I play or she gets really ****ed. If the game is to complex to play I’ll just have to listen to her whine. Log in to see images!

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

CoreyJess Posted:

Would you say the game play is easy enough for kids to be able to play. My daughter is in the phase when she has to play everything I play or she gets really ****ed. If the game is to complex to play I’ll just have to listen to her whine. Log in to see images!

Hmmmm, that’s hard to say, really. At face value the job system isn’t overly elaborate and if you take at least one of each unit type (except soldiers, I usually fill the rest of my royal guard slots with them) you’ll probably be ok with most general situations, and many enemies/bosses have a basic strategy of ‘send everybody to gangrape it then ****bolt as it’s about to attack’, but it can get surprisingly hard at times.

Just when I thought I’d had the game’s system completely downpat, it throws curveballs at you, like the 2nd King boss. I know of no other game that pits you against a 1500kg fat man who you have to burn calories off by using him as a pinball (failure to stop him getting through results in him instantly gaining another 100 from eating a tonne of cake), until he’s small enough to impale on a giant fork.

Basically, she probably COULD play a good deal of the normal gameplay, but you should stick around to help her with the harder bits. Log in to see images!

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

Oh, here’s a vid of the aforementioned boss battle, I swear it was MUCH harder when I did it though, honest Log in to see images!

CoreyJess

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Wow, this game looks great. Thanks for all the info Switty.

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

Here’s the first 10 minutes or so of the game, personally I really like the watercolor-styled cutscenes and storybook-like narrative Log in to see images!

Also, yeah, Howser, your main adviser/knight on cowback, is pretty much always this enthusiastic, and is often the one who encourages you to ‘domina…err, unify’ the world by ‘punishing’ the other kings for ‘being imposters’, and has several unflattering thing to say about each of them. Even though they really don’t do much more than sit around and send you themed messages about joining them for parties, lunches, etc depending on the kingdom.

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

So. King TV Dinnah. Lord of the Primetime/TV kingdom. Jesus. I thought Fatty McCakescoff was whacked out. Lordy me does this game keep throwing surprises Log in to see images!

Unfortunately, this video only shows one of the many awesome ‘penalty programs’ he attacks you with if you guess wrongly which ‘country’ he’s hiding in, or run out of time. It’s worth getting it wrong just to be attacked by programs such as ‘Incontinent Baby’ (that one’s a ****), ‘Baseball of DEATH’, and ‘Cooking’. If you suck balls at geography (ie: are me), you’ll get attacked a LOT.

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

Part 2 of the TV Dinnah fight

Something_Witty edited this message on 05/18/2009 3:33AM

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

IGN Posted:

Release Date: July 21, 2009

What the hell, I just looked this up. I was expecting it to be like a week or so, I don’t want to wait that long Log in to see images!

Switty can I come over and play tomorrow? Log in to see images! Johnny Mac edited this message on 05/22/2009 8:08AM

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

Well, I beat it, clocked in at about 30 hours, and I didn’t really do a mbumive amount of the side-quests. Not gonna say anything about the final parts, but the game as a whole has been hella enjoyable and interesting. I’d give it a 9/10, with .5 off for relative lack of difficulty (I’m a sucker for hardbum games), and .5 off for occasionally getting repetitive. But seriously, those are just minor gripes, this is a must-have.

I really shouldn’t spoil too much more, but I will at least share one last thing with you:

HAMMMMM…..BUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRGEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

This game has the most awesome boss fights Log in to see images!

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

Johnny Mac Posted:

What the hell, I just looked this up. I was expecting it to be like a week or so, I don’t want to wait that long Log in to see images!

Switty can I come over and play tomorrow? Log in to see images!

Welcome to the PAL region homeslice. We have a waiting room, complete with information brochures about the oft-delayed releases, tissues to dry your tears, and a disposal unit for your broken dreams if they’re canceled/unreleased. Also you have to pay a premium for the privilege of waiting.

But hey you’re always welcome at my place k-U-T Log in to see images!

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

thread: I NEVER DIE!!!

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

Something_Witty Posted:

thread: I NEVER DIE!!!

i bet precisely 1 person gets this reference

that person is me

oh yeah shameless bump etc Log in to see images!

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Something_Witty Posted:

i bet precisely 1 person gets this reference

that person is me

oh yeah shameless bump etc Log in to see images!

Where I am it doesn’t come out until July. That seems familiar but I don’t know why.

Advocacy Can-
ine

Avatar: 184251 Sun Jun 07 09:17:23 -0400 2009

Level 14 Permanoob

“/b/tard ”

Wait? What? The Wii has a good game for it? Log in to see images! Advocacy Canine edited this message on 06/19/2009 5:52AM

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Advocacy Canine Posted:

Wait? What? The Wii has a good game for it? Log in to see images!

The Wii has several good games for it.

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Advocacy Canine Posted:

Wait? What? The Wii has a good game for it? Log in to see images!

This needs a thread of its own where I name and describe many of the Wii’s terrible and awesome games.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!