Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho The President is visiting Dallas today.

Anonymous
Anonymous
05/03/2009 6:42AM     | #

Anonymous
Anonymous

Anonymous
Anonymous

Anonymous
Anonymous

Anonymous
Anonymous
05/03/2009 6:43AM     | #

Anonymous
Anonymous

Anonymous
Anonymous

Anonymous
Anonymous

My parents were big JFK supporters, so, consequently, I thought of him as one of my first heroes. In this day and age, when the President is on the TV addressing the nation, most people say, “yeah, big deal, what ELSE is on?” In the early 60s, though, a Presidential address on TV meant EVERYTHING STOPPED. Guess it was just the nature of things then, with the Cold War, anxiety left over from the Cuban Missle Crisis, etc. I was in the third grade on 11/22/63, in Virginia. We came off the playground, and the normal procedure was to take a rest room break and then finish the afternoon in the clbumroom. This day, however, our teacher made us sit down. Mrs. Stone told us that a terrible thing had happened….President Kennedy had gone to Dallas to make a speech, and had been shot (I remember immediately having a visual image of the man actually giving a speech at a podium and suddenly collapsing mid sentence). She said that there was a radio on in the principal’s office (funny, I can still remember what that radio sounded like down the hall), that we did not know yet what his condition was, we would have to wait and see, hope for the best, etc. We took our rest room break, and I was standing in the doorway of our clbumroom with our teacher. A first grade teacher (oddly enough, my wife’s first grade teacher….she was two years younger, and we did not meet until high school) walked up and simply said, “He’s dead.” I remember the rest of the day being sort of upside down. My dad and I had planned on going to the local YMCA to do some swimming in their indoor pool, and we followed through on that plan immediately after school. Great big pool, and there were only three people there…..me, my dad, and the lifeguard. Swimming in dead silence with only the sound of a little bit of splashing, no conversation, just a feeling of being stunned. Went to bed that night scared….it seemed like everything was wrong. My dad was a minister, so we were always the last people to leave the church on Sundays. Consequently, two days later, my mom and I were upstairs changing out of our Sunday clothes when my dad came charging up the steps yelling “they shot Oswald! They shot Oswald!” I am the only person I know who was alive then and did not see it live. A quick side story. When I was getting my Masters, I had an bumociate professor who was in the Army at that time, stationed in Korea. Because of the time difference, it was breakfast time over there. In the US, we had no idea, of course, that we had just ramped up to the highest possible military alert immediately after JFK had been shot (could have been an invasion, or God knows what). He said they were going through the chow line, getting their oatmeal, in FULL BATTLE GEAR, with rifles, bayonets attached and unsheathed, in their hands. They were ready to go.

Anonymous
Anonymous
05/03/2009 6:44AM     | #

Hey, is that the president?

Anonymous
Anonymous

Holy ****, what just happened?

Anonymous
Anonymous

Did he just get shot?

Anonymous
Anonymous

I was in junior high school and was on my way back to my clbumroom. I had been to the office to pick up some papers from the secretary and was walking past our foyer and the television was on. I stopped right there and watched for a few minutes and then went back to my clbumroom and told my teacher and the other students about what had just happened in Dallas. School was dismissed early that day and I went home and watched the news on television for the rest of the day. It was a day that I will always remember.

Anonymous
Anonymous

I was 12 and in a family of 13 kids, I remember rushing off the bus from school to tell our mom the news and there she was watching tv and crying. JFK was ‘hope’ and ‘love’. I love this website. The Web Shot from the book depository is erie. Sure wish I could go to Dallas to see it all. I recently purchased the 2 dvd set ‘THE MEN WHO KILLED KENNEDY’. It’s a History Channel production and well worth seeing. (over and over) I keep learning new things. It’s amazing what I didn’t know back then

Anonymous
Anonymous
05/03/2009 6:45AM     | #

I WAS 11 YEARS OLDS AT THE TIME, WHEN I GOT TO THE CATHOLIC SCHOOL I WAS ATTENDING THAT DAY, I SAW SOME KIDS CRYING THAT PRESIDENT KENNEDY HAD BEEN KILLED.

Anonymous
Anonymous
05/03/2009 6:45AM     | #

What the **** just happened?! oh god….

Anonymous
Anonymous
05/03/2009 6:46AM     | #

Oh my god look at the blood!

Anonymous
Anonymous

Anonymous
Anonymous

I WAS LIVING IN DEEPWATER MO AT THE TIME.AND I REMEMBER JUST LIKE WAS YESTERDAY WHEN I HEARD MY POP SAID PRESEDENT KENNDY HAS BEEN SHOT.MY POP RETEIRED FROM THE MILATARY A YEAR BEFORE THIS TOOK PLACE.ITS FUNNY WHAT A CHILD CAN REMEMBER WHEN HE IS ONLY 5 YEARS OF AGE.

Anonymous
Anonymous
05/03/2009 6:47AM     | #

Wait, look up in that Book Depository window!

Anonymous
Anonymous
05/03/2009 6:47AM     | #
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!