Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho Is this where we talk about wheels?

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Adapt Posted:

But I hear it’s being slowly phased out. With the ultimate goal of banning it outright.

Oddly enough, our discussions are heading in the opposite direction.

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Agreed, so long as it’s humor and not personal insults.

But it looks like we might have some reviewing to do here.

I don’t understand. This thread has been seen by most mods, even ET said in IDC “I saw that thread. It’s awesome”. I asked a mod about posting the image before I posted it (which is what you’ve told other users to do multiple times in the past, and is Banhammers go-to solution to most questionable posts), and even said in the post that it wasn’t trolling and just a comic representation of how I felt when I read that post. If you really think “reviewing” is in order you are honestly just looking for reasons to ban people, and I think we can see why more and more people are getting frustrated with the way the site is being moderated.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Oddly enough, our discussions are heading in the opposite direction.

Then let a harmless, sleeping (and somewhat entertaining for once) dog lie and walk away from the thread. There’s absolutely nothing that requires further “moderation” here.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

If you really think “reviewing” is in order you are honestly just looking for reasons to ban people, and I think we can see why more and more people are getting frustrated with the way the site is being moderated.

My sentiments exactly

Bigandtasty

Avatar: 67579 Sat Jan 17 15:30:20 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Love this thread.

Just getting my name in before another full of won

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Hey it was directed at me, I don’t think it was an insult. I lol’d.

Odalisque

Avatar: 24438 2011-07-31 00:23:47 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 40 Emo Kid

DAAAAAAANG, SHE FLY

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Less talking, more Log in to see images!

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Johnny Mac Posted:

Less talking, more Log in to see images!

Keep it up, the Barber of Seville one is by far the best so far.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

I don’t understand. This thread has been seen by most mods, even ET said in IDC “I saw that thread. It’s awesome”. I asked a mod about posting the image before I posted it (which is what you’ve told other users to do multiple times in the past, and is Banhammers go-to solution to most questionable posts), and even said in the post that it wasn’t trolling and just a comic representation of how I felt when I read that post. If you really think “reviewing” is in order you are honestly just looking for reasons to ban people, and I think we can see why more and more people are getting frustrated with the way the site is being moderated.

1. An absence of an immediate reaction by a Mod is not an indicator that it’s 100% acceptable.

2. Are we even discussing the same image? I didn’t single you or yours out in any way.

3. It was brought to my attention by another Mod, and it was brought to that Mod’s attention by a reported post, so please don’t bumume that I’m ‘looking for banworthy offenses’. If I was actively trying to hunt down banworthy offenses, I’m positive I’d find more than enough to keep me busy for hours. Contrary to popular belief, I don’t ‘bounty-hunt’.

4. You should be glad that it’s ‘being reviewed’ instead of outright banned. Reviewing the situation includes asking if another Mod gave the go-ahead.

You don’t want Mods to jump to conclusions. How about some of the same from you?

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

gj ruining this thread, its Log in to see images!

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Johnny Mac Posted:

gj ruining this thread, its Log in to see images!

See, the increased size makes it even better.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

Then let a harmless, sleeping (and somewhat entertaining for once) dog lie and walk away from the thread. There’s absolutely nothing that requires further “moderation” here.

Since all of the comics seem to be mostly harmless, tongue in cheek fun, I think we’re good here.

SIG-ENABLING-
-MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 25677 Tue Mar 31 17:59:16 -0400 2009

Level 35 Emo Kid

purchace championchips

Blank Templates

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

Sergeant Cid Posted:

1. An absence of an immediate reaction by a Mod is not an indicator that it’s 100% acceptable.

But having nearly every mod but you, including the site creator, give me positive feedback about the thread is without a doubt an indicator that it’s 100% acceptable.

2. Are we even discussing the same image? I didn’t single you or yours out in any way.

Your “looks like we have to do some reviewing” comment quoted spacekadt’s response to the image I talked about. Excuse me for bumuming that, by quoting another mod’s response to posted image, you were talking about the same image.

3. It was brought to my attention by another Mod, and it was brought to that Mod’s attention by a reported post, so please don’t bumume that I’m ‘looking for banworthy offenses’. If I was actively trying to hunt down banworthy offenses, I’m positive I’d find more than enough to keep me busy for hours. Contrary to popular belief, I don’t ‘bounty-hunt’.

So why doesn’t every thread that is “being reviewed” have a post from a mod in it? If you just would have reviewed the thread, found nothing wrong with it, and moved on none of this would have been necessary. Instead you had to post, publicly, that you felt the itch to crack down on this, and now I’m making tldr posts and you’re busy trying to defend your position. I’ve never once seen Banhammer post that he might be taking action on a thread sometime in the future. Moderation, and arguing about moderation, should be kept private. But coming here and going “ho hum some of you might be getting banned look out!” and then not posting for 2 days is just drama whoring.

And, for the sake of thoroughness, how do you think your image as a “bounty-hunter” came to be?

4. You should be glad that it’s ‘being reviewed’ instead of outright banned. Reviewing the situation includes asking if another Mod gave the go-ahead.

You don’t want Mods to jump to conclusions. How about some of the same from you?

Wow. The fact that a mod gave the go-ahead is listed twice in the thread, by me and the mod herself. I don’t understand why “reviewing” in this case would have to be an ongoing process.

As far as jumping to conclusions, as I don’t have any power any conclusions I jump to are of no consequence, and therefore it really doesn’t matter what I think. You, however, have been trusted by CZ to moderate the site fairly. While I don’t disagree with most judgement calls you’ve made in the past, and believe that you treat most of the community fairly, your entire presence in this thread just reeks of “lol ima ban someone”.

If you felt the need to review the thread, review it. If you had to consult other mods, consult them. Don’t come in here, call the entire thread in question publicly, then expect us to not react and defend ourselves as you disappear for a few days.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

Sergeant Cid Posted:

But having nearly every mod but you, including the site creator, give me positive feedback about the thread is without a doubt an indicator that it’s 100% acceptable.

The thread is just fine. We were discussing specific posts within the thread.

Your “looks like we have to do some reviewing” comment quoted spacekadt’s response to the image I talked about. Excuse me for bumuming that, by quoting another mod’s response to posted image, you were talking about the same image.

It was quoted in reference to the “Humor is still allowed… for now” part of her statement, and not meant to chain back to your particular post, since many more had been made after she said that and before I posted. I wasn’t 100% clear, and you jumped to a conclusion. I’ve editted that post to more accurately reflect my intended meaning.

So why doesn’t every thread that is “being reviewed” have a post from a mod in it? If you just would have reviewed the thread, found nothing wrong with it, and moved on none of this would have been necessary. Instead you had to post, publicly, that you felt the itch to crack down on this, and now I’m making tldr posts and you’re busy trying to defend your position. I’ve never once seen Banhammer post that he might be taking action on a thread sometime in the future. Moderation, and arguing about moderation, should be kept private. But coming here and going “ho hum some of you might be getting banned look out!” and then not posting for 2 days is just drama whoring.

1. Fewer threads than you may think come under review.

2. Reviewing doesn’t automatically mean banning.

3. MC Banhammer’s style is different than mine. Fact of life.

4. There was no ‘arguing about moderation’.

5. It was barely 24 hours between that post and the final resolution.

6. This type of thread and the content within is relevant to our current Mod discussions.

And, for the sake of thoroughness, how do you think your image as a “bounty-hunter” came to be?

Because a lot of people made incorrect bumumptions about which Mod banned which Player, and usually, they bumume I did it. And for the most part, except when it’s really blatent, as in a recent thread that someone got wared for, I let it slide.

Also, I usually tagged my Mod Edits, since that was SOP at one of my other forums, and other Mods usually don’t, so the few bans I did hand out were fairly public.

Wow. The fact that a mod gave the go-ahead is listed twice in the thread, by me and the mod herself. I don’t understand why “reviewing” in this case would have to be an ongoing process.

Your thread, as a whole, was fine. Certain posts within your thread weren’t ‘pre-approved’ by that Mod.

As far as jumping to conclusions, as I don’t have any power any conclusions I jump to are of no consequence, and therefore it really doesn’t matter what I think. You, however, have been trusted by CZ to moderate the site fairly. While I don’t disagree with most judgement calls you’ve made in the past, and believe that you treat most of the community fairly, your entire presence in this thread just reeks of “lol ima ban someone”.

And yet, who’s been banned here in this thread?

If you felt the need to review the thread, review it. If you had to consult other mods, consult them. Don’t come in here, call the entire thread in question publicly, then expect us to not react and defend ourselves as you disappear for a few days.

I didn’t call the entire thread into question. I didn’t disappear for a few days.

The issue has been resolved, and if a Mod chooses to make it known that a thread (or certain posts) are in a gray area, that’s not an accusation against the entire thread and all of the posters.

My post wasn’t intended to generate this drama, it was merely meant in an offhand manner, sort of a subtle hint that some people may have gone too far, but not to the point that we needed to come in ban-axes swinging just yet. Which hopefully, would have encouraged others to be a bit more careful in their decision about what to post.

It’s now concluded, and I’m looking forward to the next creative effort.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Can we get away from arguing and back to wheels? The cartoon at the top of the forum is very clear about this.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

Can we get away from arguing and back to wheels? The cartoon at the top of the forum is very clear about this.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Since all of the comics seem to be mostly harmless, tongue in cheek fun, I think we’re good here.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

I don’t want to take up the whole page pyramid quoting, so you’ll have to self-reference AF. I didn’t check post times so my apologies for saying you disappeared for a few days after posting.

First of all, I understand that only certain posts were in question, and that the majority of the thread was fine, but when you, a mod, come in and say “we have to do some reviewing” how does that not call the entire thread in question? If you had made any indication that it was only a few posts that were questionable, there would be no problem.

I’m not going to argue that some of the posts weren’t borderline, but how can you not see that posting “this needs to be reviewed” would be seen as calling the whole thread borderline, and not just a few posts. When a legit GD thread is made, and a few people troll in it, is that entire thread “up for review” or just those posts? If it was only a few posts here, why not just review those posts and not the whole thread?

On a more personal note, don’t blame me because I made a perfectly rational bumumption about the motive for your post. Blame yourself for making an unclear post.

Quite frankly, this whole progression from “needs to be reviewed” to “it seems ok but be thankful it’s only a review and not a ban” to “well your posts were all ok it was just a few other posts not the whole thread” just seems like a cop out. Nowhere in your is it clear that you were only looking at a few posts.

Now, we get to this gem

The issue has been resolved, and if a Mod chooses to make it known that a thread (or certain posts) are in a gray area, that’s not an accusation against the entire thread and all of the posters.

First of all, this ain’t the military, so the issue is resolved when we both say so. For now, that just isn’t the case.

Second, you just basically said that if a mod chooses to make it known that a thread is in a gray area it isn’t an accusation that the entire thread is in a gray area. What? Even if this made sense, as OP and main contributor to this thread, how could I possibly think that you saying “this needs to be reviewed” didn’t apply to me or my thread in some way?

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Sorry, the issue is concluded when I feel comfortable on where this stands. As of right now all you’ve offered me is blame for making a natural bumumption as to what you intended to review.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!