Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Whores Serious Flaw in Forumbuildr

DarkArmy

Avatar: 168859 Thu Jul 23 14:34:06 -0400 2009

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

I just noticed this time that you requested that the Logos be in png format. I made mine this way. The background was transparent. It would lend itself better to the color scheme. Well it shows up white in the display page to be voted on. Noone can see that it is transparent and the votes get negative.

Another thing. Its wrong that an item disappears when it get to -5. There are klans that troll and neg vote everything. Ive voted on alot of stuff that is really good only to see other have voted it down.

The same goes for itembuildr… Log in to see images!

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

DarkArmy Posted:

I just noticed this time that you requested that the Logos be in png format. I made mine this way. The background was transparent. It would lend itself better to the color scheme. Well it shows up white in the display page to be voted on. Noone can see that it is transparent and the votes get negative.

Gotta agree with this. Adding a single script so you can change the background color on logos. Add a warning “some of these logos might have transparency of any sorts, check them with different backgrounds before voting!” and that would be fixed.

DarkArmy Posted:

Another thing. Its wrong that an item disappears when it get to -5. There are klans that troll and neg vote everything. Ive voted on alot of stuff that is really good only to see other have voted it down. The same goes for itembuildr… Log in to see images!

Discussed to exhaustion. CZ is really adamant to change how that works because 1) they’re too lazy 2) they don’t want people voting on 500+ subs 3) they can’t program it.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Fran Posted:

Discussed to exhaustion. CZ is really adamant to change how that works because 1) they’re too lazy 2) they don’t want people voting on 500+ subs 3) they can’t program it.

Actually, none of the above. Fixing that system is on the list, but so are a lot of other things.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Actually, none of the above. Fixing that system is on the list, but so are a lot of other things.

Well I don’t know what’s going on the admin forums, and that’s the impression we get from their posting (or lack of Log in to see images!

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

They have said, many many times before, that they are working on a lot of parts to the puzzle.

Would you rather they spend their time making regular updates on the status of each of a dozen different projects, or would you rather they send that time on the projects themselves?

And while I’m not at liberty to go into details, I can confirm that many very cool things are in the works.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Sergeant Cid Posted:

They have said, many many times before, that they are working on a lot of parts to the puzzle.

Would you rather they spend their time making regular updates on the status of each of a dozen different projects, or would you rather they send that time on the projects themselves?

And while I’m not at liberty to go into details, I can confirm that many very cool things are in the works.

I’m pretty sure that it’s possible to make occasional brief updates about stuff like this without it seriously taking away time from coding projects. Giving updates gives you hope that things will change, lets you know your concerns are being heard, and gives you an incentive to stick around. Not hearing much of anything gives the impression that pretty much nothing is going to see much improvement until episode 3 comes out. We’ve already been told that domination won’t change until then, so I’d guess that forumbuildr is on the same schedule.

And oh yeah, agree re: the logos.

plk edited this message on 04/28/2009 12:40PM

MalditeLoki

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Sergeant Cid Posted:

good work derailing the thread.

ON TOPIC: yeah, it sucks that the transparent logos are not showing as they should, but it doesn’t look like a solution is near.

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Well, there was an update about 8 days ago on the blog regarding Episode 3. And 4 days prior to that, an update regarding itembuildr.

Would a bi-weekly general update regarding multiple issues be better?

Sergeant Cid

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

MalditeLoki Posted:

good work derailing the thread.

ON TOPIC: yeah, it sucks that the transparent logos are not showing as they should, but it doesn’t look like a solution is near.

The discussion was still directly relevant to the situation.

The OP was discussing a ‘broken’ issue, and the replies led us to discuss updates regarding broken issues.

In fact, your own post refers to an arrival date for a fix, and the fact that you are unaware of the arrival date. This is directly relevant to information updates regarding such fixes.

I don’t think you know what ‘derailing a thread’ actually means.

DarkArmy

Level 35 Hacker

Possibly the idea of using a png format image before all the issues are worked out was a bad idea. I think my logo would have looked pretty decent with the correct background. But I made the background tranparent to make it more flexible.

DarkArmy edited this message on 04/28/2009 1:29PM

DarkArmy

Level 35 Hacker

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Well, there was an update about 8 days ago on the blog regarding Episode 3. And 4 days prior to that, an update regarding itembuildr.

Would a bi-weekly general update regarding multiple issues be better?

What blog are you talking about?

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

DarkArmy Posted:

What blog are you talking about?

The forumwarz blog. http://blog.forumwarz.com/

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!