Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature We Need To Be Able To Turn Of Word Filtering

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Theargent Thid Posted:

Oh, if only that were possible. Log in to see images!

Snap!

I’ll consider bumhurt but I honestly think it’s a much less common word than the other three. Those were under 4 letters each after all!

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Evil Trout Posted:

Snap!I’ll consider bumhurt but I honestly think it’s a much less common word than the other three. Those were under 4 letters each after all!

Then you don’t hang on IDC a lot. bumhurt is actually more used than fat and win.

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Xylon Posted:

Perhaps, I would even be willing to shed off a few bp for the option. Not everything is about trolling. Sometimes I just want to say the word **** or fabulous person. I think it is disruptive to the site to allow the filtering of common words. Furthermore, it should not be the place of a moderator to be able to arbitrarily approve these filters. It should be approved by 2/3 or so on. As even moderators disagree on some of the submissions.

Actually… What if one could just buy an “unfilter”? Or a filter for something already filtered? That is, if filtering X to Y costs Z BP, could filtering X back to X (or, hell, to something new) just cost Z, or Z+1, BP?

I figure, if a filter really IS a pain in the bum, it wouldn’t be hard to post an Ayn Rand and get a handful of people to donate a BP toward removing the filter. In the purely mercenary sense, this also makes even more money for CZ, no?

I suppose it could just make buying a filter less appealing in the first place, but you’d think funnier, less common ones could at least survive, while more annoying ones would be winnowed out by the community.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Samildanach Posted:

Actually… What if one could just buy an “unfilter”? Or a filter for something already filtered? That is, if filtering X to Y costs Z BP, could filtering X back to X (or, hell, to something new) just cost Z, or Z+1, BP?

I figure, if a filter really IS a pain in the bum, it wouldn’t be hard to post an Ayn Rand and get a handful of people to donate a BP toward removing the filter. In the purely mercenary sense, this also makes even more money for CZ, no?

I suppose it could just make buying a filter less appealing in the first place, but you’d think funnier, less common ones could at least survive, while more annoying ones would be winnowed out by the community.

You can already buy a word filter and just replace it with the original word Log in to see images!

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

how about we just pay 3 BP for no effect

if you cant filter names or words people actually use

and filters still wear off

whats the point

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Evil Trout Posted:

You can already buy a word filter and just replace it with the original word Log in to see images!

I kind of bumumed that it was an option, but I’m relatively new, and the way people were talking (“I’d be willing to pay BP to avoid filters!”Log in to see images!

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

There is precedence for a “Pay BP to disable word filters on your end” since we can currently pay BP to disable ads. I don’t think those are really all that different, word filters are a means to put money in ET’s pocket and so are ads. If you want to avoid one or the other, give ET an amount of money he would consider fair.

How much BP should a “turn off word filters” option cost? 5 BP?

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 04/14/2009 2:43PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!