Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant Vanilla Re-evaluation?

Ultra Nonce

Level 18 Camwhore

world's greasiest camwhore virgin

Vanilla: You would ambum 12 lemons and 1/2/4 pistachios in the process of attempting to recieve 1 vanilla. For Klans vanilla shouldn’t be a problem but for a lone player it is pratically impossible. Possible alternative for solo players: Awarded for pwning consecutive threads without using an item eg. Pwn 20 level 1 threads, 15 level 2 threads, 10 level 3 threads, 5 level 4 threads, 2 level 5 threads or 1 level 6 thread without using an item to recieve a vanilla scoop.

I also have gripes with chocolate as well TBH… Acquisition only through exterior means which could lead to people exploiting forumbuildr to gain medals. But at least it is a feasible way to gain scoops.

Anyone here have similar sentiments?

Legolas

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Yes.

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

I may be one of the only people in the game who Pwned all 12 forums at the same time and it was hard to do before forumbuildr was created and Forumwarz got huge. Now it’s pretty much impossible for small klans to do. I’m not sure what can be done but I agree that it gives klans an unfair advantage.

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

I agree that it gives Klans an advantage, but I don’t think it’s unfair. It’s MEANT to give Klans an advantage. If your initial premise is that Klans should not have any built-in advantage over individual players, then yes it is unfair. But I think that is a relatively important design decision that has already been made, so I won’t discuss that (unless the devs show some interest in changing it).

SIG-ENABLING-
-MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 25677 Tue Mar 31 17:59:16 -0400 2009

Level 35 Emo Kid

purchace championchips

Klans have multiple advantages in Domination.

1. Klans can organize mbum runs (as the Sisterhood did quite recently) to get a lot of Vanilla for their members. IMO, only those members that actually made a forum run that counted towards a multi-pwn should receive 3 vanilla scoops. Klan ‘spectators’ should receive 1 Scoop.

2. Klan members can upvote each others Forumbuildr submissions, thereby gaining Chocolate Scoops. This is highly abusable, if a concerted effort was made.

3. If members of the same Klan are on the same Domination team, they can easily work together to sabotage other players on that Team. One Klan member can focus on gaining Most Scoops/Fave Flav, while the other one buys Domination cards to screw over anyone that could threaten the first Klan member. And if more than three Klan members were on the same Dom Team, they could effectively shut out any competition, period.

For those reasons, I think the Klan dynamic & effect on Domination Games needs serious consideration.

Ultra Nonce

Level 18 Camwhore

world's greasiest camwhore virgin

Mjolnir Posted:

Klans have multiple advantages in Domination.

1. Klans can organize mbum runs (as the Sisterhood did quite recently) to get a lot of Vanilla for their members. IMO, only those members that actually made a forum run that counted towards a multi-pwn should receive 3 vanilla scoops. Klan ‘spectators’ should receive 1 Scoop.

2. Klan members can upvote each others Forumbuildr submissions, thereby gaining Chocolate Scoops. This is highly abusable, if a concerted effort was made.

3. If members of the same Klan are on the same Domination team, they can easily work together to sabotage other players on that Team. One Klan member can focus on gaining Most Scoops/Fave Flav, while the other one buys Domination cards to screw over anyone that could threaten the first Klan member. And if more than three Klan members were on the same Dom Team, they could effectively shut out any competition, period.

For those reasons, I think the Klan dynamic & effect on Domination Games needs serious consideration.

3 is a non-issue, people work together in Domination even when they’re not in a Klan and is the way klans should play in domination.

1 the way Klans recieve vanillas is fine and doesn’t need tweaking, what does need tweaking is how individuals gain vanillas. Vanilla shouldn’t be a Klan only flava.

Ultra Nonce edited this message on 03/10/2008 2:16AM

Maledictis

Level 33 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Vanillas as a single player are possible to get, though not exactly in great numbers. And I think we’ve all seen that the Klan vanillas need some tweaking around.

lulz56

[The Knights of LOL]

Level 21 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Maybe your Klan needs some tweaking.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Just a couple of thoughts.

– Agreed. It would be a **** to try to get vanilla (without just switcharooing some scoops) as a solo player. But, there are considerably stronger methods (lemon pwnage) for a solo player anyway.

– A vanilla raid is not a simple thing or a “given” for a klan, or it would be happening with more klans. It also happens to require a hell of a lot of organization and teamwork – those are considerably more important than brute force. If this is really a question, I’m sure virtual_eyes wouldn’t mind at all if any of the game devs want to sit in on a vanilla raid to judge it.

– I was worried about the forumbuildr manipulation thing as well, but last week when I was trying to be all helpful and good I could not even remotely keep up with the mbumive number of items to vote on. People are basically lazy and I just don’t see people taking the time to go through 800 potential options to find the one they want to upvote.

– It’s not stated outright, or maybe it is, but this is a pvp arena with a multiplayer option. I pvp on KoL, but as I’ve been informed recently, I pvp for all the wrong reasons. I’m very good at KoL pvp and it works well with my semi-diamondy goals. This feels very different. I want the trophies, man I do love trophies. I got a medal last week on my own, no vanillas involved. Then this week I pulled an bumhole card and apparently it roused my inner bastard. I’d have almost 100 scoops right now, but instead I have 23 dom cards – ‘cause it seems fun to male reproductive organ with people.

Come play with us, Maledictis. You are a spiffy camwhore. Log in to see images!

PS – Bad lulz! Play nice!

scully edited this message on 03/10/2008 5:06AM

Snott

[Board of Directors]

Level 17 Troll

ICE VOMIT

lulz56 Posted:

Maybe your Klan needs some tweaking.

More or less… If by “tweak” you mean “a ****ton of recruitment.”

I honestly don’t think I’d worry about Vanilla scoops nearly so much if the recent Chocolate limitations weren’t put in place. Trolls have a **** of a time nabbing three Lemons, as well, so that pretty much leaves me with gambling or talking my klannies into recruiting a bunch of randos.

Meh.

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

Whoops.

Skyreal edited this message on 03/10/2008 4:04PM

Snott

[Board of Directors]

Level 17 Troll

ICE VOMIT

A few are multis (which don’t help too much), a few don’t have regular internet access at the moment, and a few are still working through the actual story (so have other priorities). We’re certainly capable, but probably not more than once or twice a week.

Even if we were capable of doing so every day, I’d still think it needs a fix. As the game gets more and more crowded, it’ll become more and more an issue of numbers over any real coordination.

(By the by, I’m not knocking your accomplishments or anything. Nice coordination).

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

I disagree. Whatever your numbers are, coordination is the key. 40 klan members on at the same time with bad organization could get less vanilla scoops than a team of 10 with a purpose and some kind of plan. In our klan, even those still working through the story can help, with coordination (that’s me lol). In fact, as the game gets more and more crowded, coordination becomes even more important.

Lastly, all I want to say is – you will never know, until you try. Which is basically what we did last week – try.

Lust

[The Knights of LOL]

Level 18 Camwhore

Tubmail me for free flezz!! More mails = more flezz

Are you really a troll, or an emo kid in disguise lol.

P.S. Vanilla scoop solos are perfectly possible, several people in my Klan have done solo vanilla raids fairly recently. You can also do it while getting pistachios and lemons, so…

Basically, lrn2playkthxbai

Snott

[Board of Directors]

Level 17 Troll

ICE VOMIT

Skyreal Posted:

Lastly, all I want to say is – you will never know, until you try. Which is basically what we did last week – try.

We tried with six, which wasn’t enough (but we kind of knew that going in). I’m sure we’ll try with more when we get a chance. But that said – a coordinated bunch of forty will accomplish a lot more than a coordinated bunch of ten.

The ten would probably have more fun waiting for the forty to strike, and then trying to bungle their board takeovers.

Lust Posted:

Are you really a troll, or an emo kid in disguise lol.

Lust Posted:

P.S. Vanilla scoop solos are perfectly possible, several people in my Klan have done solo vanilla raids fairly recently. You can also do it while getting pistachios and lemons, so…

I know. I’ve done it myself. It’s not a *ton*, but it’s something, so I basically need to get in the habit of playing at bizarre hours – I’m pretty sure that it’s not something that’s particularly feasible during the daytime, at least.

Lust Posted:

Basically, lrn2playkthxbai

**** off. Log in to see images!

Lust

[The Knights of LOL]

Level 18 Camwhore

Tubmail me for free flezz!! More mails = more flezz

Snott Posted:

We tried with six, which wasn’t enough (but we kind of knew that going in). I’m sure we’ll try with more when we get a chance. But that said – a coordinated bunch of forty will accomplish a lot more than a coordinated bunch of ten.

The ten would probably have more fun waiting for the forty to strike, and then trying to bungle their board takeovers.

Lol. Speaking as the girl who coordinated our team last time…

Good luck organizing 40 Log in to see images!

doug05257

Avatar: 3798 Mon Oct 20 19:57:21 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 34 Troll

WILL YIFF FOR VANILLA SCOOPS!

I love how every, if not most, people in this thread so far who have defended how the Vanilla scoops are gained at the moment are currently in the Sisterhood. A curious observation, indeed.

Snott

[Board of Directors]

Level 17 Troll

ICE VOMIT

I’m sure it’s a pain in the bum, which is why I’m absolutely *not* knocking the work y’all did. Our attempt with six was mostly to see which forums we could hold pwnage on for the longest, and even that was a minor cluster****.

I think it’s awesome that Klans give a PvP advantage – it always bugged me how many external resources you really needed to do so in KoL. I just think that it’s a *bit* too swingy right now. You get the full three even if you didn’t directly contribute to the takeovers, right? I think that’s the part that’s kind of irksome.

Hulyen

[Team Shortbus]

Level 18 Camwhore

Literate Dork

Actually…I had a thought that once more klans start organizing vanilla raids and actively pursue this, it’ll become a LOT harder for one single klan to simply clean up in scoops. I think the method is fair, but maybe the amount awarded per award needs to be lowered a bit for klan raids. That’d lower the overall scoop count enough to make it not so overpowering. Also, I agree a lot that single player vanilla acquisition needs to be made at least a little easier. Also also, chocolate scoops DO seem to be too meta-gamey on first glance….but then I realized that domination as a whole is meta-gamey anyway, so meh.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

doug05257 Posted:

I love how every, if not most, people in this thread so far who have defended how the Vanilla scoops are gained at the moment are currently in the Sisterhood. A curious observation, indeed.

We’re the ones that know what it takes.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!