Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll [CLOSED] How much would you pay for episode 3?

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

i’d end up paying nothing. BP can easily from contests.

same as ep2. i suggest the same 7BP price.

Potilas

Avatar: 149302 Sun Apr 19 07:42:31 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

LordMorbid Posted:

bumuming that Episode 3 were the same length as Episode 2, with the same degree of enhancements/additions, I would say anywhere between $10 and $15 would be a fair price to pay.

Pretty much like this, 7bp is pretty much the max I would pay.

Damion

Avatar: 15735 Thu Apr 09 21:10:47 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 57 Emo Kid

Wise guy overdrive

I would probably pay between $10-16.

euphoriafish

Level 11 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I’d pay $10 again if there were as much or more content than Episode 2. If there is less content, it should only cost $5.

Pieter888

Avatar: 176070 Sat Jun 06 04:13:38 -0400 2009

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

for those who said: ”free for those who already bought episode 2”.

that’s a bit unrealistic because new members will have to buy episode 2 before being able to unlock episode 3(duh).

ones they’ve unlocked 2 they would technically belong to the group ”free for those who already bought episode 2” so they automatically unlock episode 3 to! this makes episode 3 actually just a free extension of episode 2 (which it isn’t).

however, I’d say dropping the price for episode 3 WILL be a good idea, since the player already supported forumwarz before just by unlocking episode 2.

put it like this:

-episode 1: FREE

-episode 2: 7 BP

-episode 3: 5 BP

future episodes:

-episode 4: 3 BP

-episode 5: 2 BP

and stick to the 2 BP for the rest of the episodes (whether they will come or not)

The Hungry S-
amurai

Level 23 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

Pieter888 Posted:

for those who said: ”free for those who already bought episode 2”.

that’s a bit unrealistic because new members will have to buy episode 2 before being able to unlock episode 3(duh).

ones they’ve unlocked 2 they would technically belong to the group ”free for those who already bought episode 2” so they automatically unlock episode 3 to! this makes episode 3 actually just a free extension of episode 2 (which it isn’t).

however, I’d say dropping the price for episode 3 WILL be a good idea, since the player already supported forumwarz before just by unlocking episode 2.

put it like this:

-episode 1: FREE

-episode 2: 7 BP

-episode 3: 5 BP

future episodes:

-episode 4: 3 BP

-episode 5: 2 BP

and stick to the 2 BP for the rest of the episodes (whether they will come or not)

If you think about it there are many games where there are regular free members and “Premium Members” who pay one price and have access to all the content. Just because players pay once doesn’t mean all future episodes are technically episode 2.

Episodes simply denote that there was a period of time between one part and another during which developers had to pause the game to make more content, or this was simply a good point in the story to put a pause.

Personally I think it would be more than fair for players to get Episodes 3 and on for free as long as they’ve paid for access beyond episode 1

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

I think I’d rather see ‘The Sims’ model, where you get the ‘Basic’ game for one price, and then can add extensions for a nominal price. I’d say 5 BP for Episode 3, and then 2-3 BP for any extensions past that, if any.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

I think I’d rather see ‘The Sims’ model, where you get the ‘Basic’ game for one price, and then can add extensions for a nominal price. I’d say 5 BP for Episode 3, and then 2-3 BP for any extensions past that, if any.

If you are buying extra stuff at the Sims store you’re a horrible person. Boycott it until they lower the prices by a lot… you call a dollar for a hairstyle “nominal?” Do you still call it nominal when a fan recreates it in a little while and it’s free?

As for Ep 3, my expectations have been lowered so much that I’m unwilling to pay as much as I did for Ep 2, if anything at all.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

If you are buying extra stuff at the Sims store you’re a horrible person. Boycott it until they lower the prices by a lot… you call a dollar for a hairstyle “nominal?” Do you still call it nominal when a fan recreates it in a little while and it’s free?

As for Ep 3, my expectations have been lowered so much that I’m unwilling to pay as much as I did for Ep 2, if anything at all.

I’m talking about the expansion packs. House Party, Livin’ Large, Hot Date, etc. I haven’t played anything past the first version of The Sims, so I wasn’t aware of the ‘microtransactions’. And I guess the FWZ equivalent to those ‘haircuts’ would be Custom Avatars & Custom Titles.

Ardent

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Look, each episode is just as lulzy as the last, and just as much effort is put in. Since less and less people will buy each successive episode, I really don’t see the point of priceing each episode less than the last.

As for paying, at the moment, the plan is to get it for free… Log in to see images!

Acid Flux Posted:

I’m talking about the expansion packs. House Party, Livin’ Large, Hot Date, etc. I haven’t played anything past the first version of The Sims, so I wasn’t aware of the ‘microtransactions’. And I guess the FWZ equivalent to those ‘haircuts’ would be Custom Avatars & Custom Titles.

Oooh. Good, then. The difference is we’re funding an independent game and not freaking EA.

Wazup

Level 18 Hacker

“Buffer Overflower”

EP3: 7BP

EP2: change to free/3-4 BP

Wazup Posted:

EP3: 7BP

EP2: change to free/3-4 BP

This is actually probably best from a business standpoint. Ep 2 will be “old” and if they’re confident about the product they should discount it to make new players give it a try, thus enticing them to go on to buy Ep 3 at full price based on the quality of Ep 2. They could take out the free av change or something. Of course, doing so would **** off some players that paid full price.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

The difference is we’re funding an independent game and not freaking EA.

Which I definitely prefer to do.

Wazup

Level 18 Hacker

“Buffer Overflower”

This is actually probably best from a business standpoint. Ep 2 will be “old” and if they’re confident about the product they should discount it to make new players give it a try, thus enticing them to go on to buy Ep 3 at full price based on the quality of Ep 2. They could take out the free av change or something. Of course, doing so would **** off some players that paid full price.

Couldn’t say it better, that was exactly my point (even without many words Log in to see images!

Fie

Avatar: 152207 2011-11-01 00:46:41 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 47 Camwhore

I want to see some real, live poop.

Other, I will pay what Crotch Zombie chooses to price the game as. I believe their pricing of ep2 reflected the value of the product and I trust that the price of ep3 will be the same. Or else.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I think our official stance is that the price will depend on the length of the final product. Honestly we don’t even know how long it will be at this point so it’s super hard to predict. It does look as long as Episode 2 though.

Take anything I say (or anyone else at CZ for that matter) at this point with a grain of salt though, but personally I’d like to both Episodes be comparable in price but with a package deal where you get both at once for a discount.

JuliaLeann

Avatar: 178618 Sun May 31 11:45:38 -0400 2009

[Island of Avalon]

Level 68 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

I agree with paying the same for Episode 2, or a little more =3 It really does depend on the content, but I think 10 dollars is a good starting price. I’m not going to be a tightwad for a game I really enjoy.

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

Avatar: 174541 2012-01-02 15:34:06 -0500

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

If I can write this, my whole life has been wasted. I'm worthless and awful.

I want to know what other people think of it before I consider buying it.

when that happens and if its the same length/quality (or better) than ep. 2 then I will pay the same 7bp for it.

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Crotch Zombie need to make money, and if its the same length as previous episodes, the same price seems fitting.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!