Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 2 Possible glitch on INCIT victories?

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Just noticed that INCIT “recent winners” showed my winning submission twice. Doublechecked on my character page, and the award seemed to also be doubled (I’m pretty sure it was my only win today). Much as I love me my scoops, I felt I should probably mention it.

While I was working up this post, the next winner seems to have gotten the same result. So it wasn’t a one-time offer. Then we had a single, just now followed by another double-up. Not sure about the pattern, but it deserves looking into, I suppose.

Pics related:

The Jagged R-
ock Fondler

Avatar: 97179 Mon Mar 23 17:25:01 -0400 2009

[bumhurt Virgins]

Level 28 Permanoob

“Brain Dead”

Shhhhhh! Step away from the keyboard.

nashcash

[WeChall]

Level 35 Permanoob

“Kapitan Stupidska”

Yeah, also saw that one yesterday. Most recently awhile ago.

Why didn’t I report it first? Possible e-peen. lolz

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Actually it’s happened a few times. I remember that I had a tie with someone and we were both listed twice. Not only that but sometimes when you check INCIT wins you will see a win listed twice. Not that you won the same picture with the same entry, it’s the exact same one (I don’t reuse my submissions). But I’m not sure if it’s constant, I think I looked for doubles once and didn’t see them. I’m not sure if that’s linked to the OP’s “problem”, but I’d thought I’d mention it.

master1202

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 16 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

yeah, ive seen this happen plenty of times, but nvr thought of pointing it out

Samildanach

Level 34 Hacker

It happened several times last night… three at least during the round where I originally posted, and then I saw it maybe half a dozen more that evening. It happened on ties, and straight wins, and I couldn’t quite seem to spot a predictable pattern to it. I don’t spend enough time on INCIT to even contemplate pinning it down, but I thought I could get SOME attention for it here. Maybe this wasn’t the proper way to make a bug report… in retrospect, I should have posted it on the Hacker forum, so all us nerds could RP out dissecting it. Log in to see images!

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Last time this happens it was quangntenemy’s fault. What is it this time?

PhineasPoe

Avatar: 12179 2010-01-24 16:27:57 -0500

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

You got a smudge there Phin... oh wait thats Trouts feces

This has been happening since at least December or November.

Samildanach

Level 34 Hacker

PhineasPoe Posted:

This has been happening since at least December or November.

Huh. I admit, I haven’t been on INCIT much, but I hadn’t seen it before making the post. Has anybody ever looked into finding a pattern, or has it just been “Oh, INCIT is giving double credit, whee?”

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!