Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 Regarding game balance in Domination and the permanoob.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

There was a bit of discussion in idc this evening regarding the extreme advantage that Permanoobs have.

Permanoobs get 4 Clbum Warfare forums, and they can speed low-level forums fine.

The problems:

1. Given the power of pistachio streaking in Domination it is ridiculous that one clbum be allowed to extend their streak beyond all other clbumes. I am aware that not every player excels in Domination, but a good portion of the end game players are involved.

2. Access to all the clbum forums makes their solo vanilla virtually impossible to interrupt. The only players with a chance at this are in fact other Permas or re-res (also overpowered due to the 4 forum access.)

3. The top of the line attacks for Permas are text based – this gives them a huge speed advantage on the lower end forums. Additionally they have three “1 refresh” attacks where most of the normal clbumes only have two.

4. New uber-powered equipment via itembuildr has radically closed the stat gap.

Why are Permanoobs (and of course re-res), the “challenge” clbum, being positioned with such blazingly epic power? Everyone is complaining about the troll power curve, but if you look at the Domination leaderboard you will find that Permas and re-res are steadily moving up the ranks since the release of Episode 2. Hell, 6th place on the medals leader board is held by a re-re!

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Nerf Permanoobs!

swine

Avatar: 10221 2011-10-31 21:15:57 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

I congratulate you in recognising my superiority and choosing me to be your love pig!

Simple solution – Give all clbumes access to clbum-warfare forums.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

swine Posted:

Agreed. Should be part of beating Ep. 2.

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

I see that someone has already spent their own money to make sure I don’t live that down. That statement was intended to be in the context of countering was’s statement that Emos were the most powerful because they can take Geronimo. My position is that Trolls are currently mbumively overpowered.

nashcash

[WeChall]

Level 35 Permanoob

“Kapitan Stupidska”

I don’t know if it’s just me but I find it hard to pwn level 32-35 forums even at max offense. Or maybe I just need better moars and stuff…

zigzagoon

Avatar: 28782 2011-07-31 12:19:07 -0400

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

swine Posted:

^

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

nashcash Posted:

I don’t know if it’s just me but I find it hard to pwn level 32-35 forums even at max offense. Or maybe I just need better moars and stuff…

High-level forums require a significant Ego investment. I don’t know how much Permanoobs need, but I use about 4000 Ego.

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

zagerblag Posted:

High-level forums require a significant Ego investment. I don’t know how much Permanoobs need, but I use about 4000 Ego.

i have 15k ego and im not max level or moared up

twas

Level 35 Troll

zagerblag Posted:

That statement was intended to be in the context of countering was’s statement that Emos were the most powerful because they can take Geronimo.

Lets try to keep this on topic, please. And I didn’t say that.

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

was Posted:

Lets try to keep this on topic, please. And I didn’t say that.

Yes, you did. You stated that Trolls were not overpowered, and that it was in fact Emos that were the most powerful because they could take Geronimo. I left chat, so I can’t quote you, though.

twas

Level 35 Troll

zagerblag Posted:

Yes, you did. You stated that Trolls were not overpowered, and that it was in fact Emos that were the most powerful because they could take Geronimo. I left chat, so I can’t quote you, though.

Please. If you have nothing to say about the topic, don’t post in this thread.

edit:By the way I still have the chat open. I can give you the log if you want.

twas edited this message on 04/02/2009 5:26AM

zigzagoon

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

i dont know what kind of leet equips you guys are using but when i try to pwn forums the same level as i am it takes like ten hits to pwn one thread (except when recipes and ophelia are ready ofc)

it is incredibly slow and tiresome

scullyangel

Avatar: 44656 Mon Aug 17 23:47:33 -0400 2009

[Good Omens]

Level 39 Camwhore

If I was a gila monster you could be my devil ray.

zigzagoon Posted:

i dont know what kind of leet equips you guys are using but when i try to pwn forums the same level as i am it takes like ten hits to pwn one thread (except when recipes and ophelia are ready ofc)

it is incredibly slow and tiresome

You are only level 17, that makes a huge difference. When you level cap you have a lot more upgrade points available.

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

low level char in dom balance discussion what is happneig

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

Given the power of pistachio streaking in Domination it is ridiculous that one clbum be allowed to extend their streak beyond all other clbumes.

By 40-something scoops. So what? It’s balanced by the lack of lemons, because obviously Permas are much worse in speedruns.

Access to all the clbum forums makes their solo vanilla virtually impossible to interrupt. The only players with a chance at this are in fact other Permas or re-res (also overpowered due to the 4 forum access.)

No, it’s only 4 anchors per streak. How bad is this?

The top of the line attacks for Permas are text based – this gives them a huge speed advantage on the lower end forums. Additionally they have three “1 refresh” attacks where most of the normal clbumes only have two.

No, this is irrelevant, because the attack power is still low. Plus text-based means lower speed compared to image-based with ad-blocked imaged. Also, the fastest attacks are hacker’s. Would you propose to nerf them even more?

New uber-powered equipment via itembuildr has radically closed the stat gap.

No, this is irrelevant, because the attack power is still low. The Offense is simply a modifier. You can’t get the ridiculous damage without raising the initial Attack damage value.

Why are Permanoobs (and of course re-res), the “challenge” clbum, being positioned with such blazingly epic power?

Because they are the challenge clbum. You must be rewarded at list somehow for spending endless weeks farming for Cred.

In fact, the only thing that improved Permanoob gameplay was the Kyoubai. With all that .moars it became a bit easier to level up. But wait, let’s take look at all those top-brackets. Is the “after-Kyoubai generation” of newbies involved? No. It’s mostly vets who try getting medals with Permanoobs. They put enourmous amount of effort into making their character lvl 35 and being able to get some medals. So why not?

Inconnu edited this message on 04/02/2009 5:27AM

zigzagoon

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

scullyangel Posted:

You are only level 17, that makes a huge difference. When you level cap you have a lot more upgrade points available.

obviously yes but the later forums are also more difficult so i’m guessing that it evens out and pwning a level 35 forum as a level 35 permanoob would be just as slow

in the context of domination though, i can see how the access to unique forums is an advantage, which is why we should do what swine is saying

zagerblag

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

was Posted:

Please. If you have nothing to say about the topic, don’t post in this thread.

Permanoobs aren’t overpowered. Their extra forums cannot compensate for their exceedingly weak attacks. Their streak advantage is minor. Dom is already about backup, not individual play, anyway. This thread is clearly a joke, and does not belong in Game Discussion.

zagerblag edited this message on 04/02/2009 5:35AM

twas

Level 35 Troll

zagerblag Posted:

Permanoobs aren’t overpowered. Their extra forums cannot compensate for their exceedingly weak attacks. Their streak advantage is minor. Dom is already about backup, not individual play, anyway. This thread is clearly a joke, and does not belong in Game Discussion.

I don’t know why you directed this post at me?

Or Edited out your little hidden message to me, as well.

twas edited this message on 04/02/2009 5:43AM

GS49

Avatar: 45410 Wed Jul 08 18:06:55 -0400 2009

[PONIELADN]

Level 35 Permanoob

“Kapitan Stupidska”

loli got ninjaed

GS49 edited this message on 04/02/2009 5:37AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!