Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Web Games The itembuildr cycle: Suggestion for change

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I’m excited to see the finished products. Problem is, they’re not coming fast enough for me. With multiple items in the pipeline, it seems we should be able to get an item each day, by changing the timing so we’re handling 4 items each day and have one new one enter the system.

This can be done by splitting the creative and voting phases by item, not by day (as it is currently). So on any given day X:

1) We’re writing a description for a new item generated on day X.

2) We’re voting on the description for the item generated on day X-1.

3) We’re submitting images for the item generated on day X-2.

4) We’re voting on images for the item generated on day X-3.

5) We can buy the item generated on day X-4.

That’s what I’d like to see.

Rigr

Avatar: 132036 Mon Mar 16 12:22:53 -0400 2009

[Epic Win]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

I can’t sign that :/

Being excited is good for the game. Also i strongly believe that itembuildr will eventually destroy the economy. At the moment we got a really cheap video with pretty good stats and i guess we get new items for every clbum at the moment which are pretty much better than what existed (correct me if i am wrong).

Also its pretty much a huge load to vote if you’re not the last one to vote and combining

Picture creation, Description creation, Voting x2

to be held every days seems a bit much. Would you really do all 4 of them every day? Cause i don’ think so.

But thats only my opinion, maybe some people are hyper creative or something, but the quality of the ideas will stil drop

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Rigr Posted:

Would you really do all 4 of them every day? Cause i don’ think so.

I wouldn’t. I don’t do the submissions and/or voting all the time now.

I just like new stuff, and the ability to have more interaction with itembuildr, like I do with forumbuilr.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Yeah you’re making sense.. So we can do both voting and writing any day. But I think 1 item every 2 days is more than enough, especially if they’re strong items like these.

If they were rare items that would be a different case but as it is right now I think a new item every day is too many.

think about how many hundresd of items you’ll flood the system with that way tho

mLegion

Avatar: 152056 Tue Mar 24 15:22:55 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

they dont all have to be put in the shop. .MOAR based items could be used in the new forums made in forumbuildr (and some level 36-40 forums would be nice too and could contain the better items)

guest42

[Bargain Drug Wareh-
ouse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

Rigr Posted:

i guess we get new items for every clbum at the moment which are pretty much better than what existed (correct me if i am wrong).

While it appears that we can get items that are better than what exists, only the emo items have been better than what exists. The Camwhore items are good, but not better than the best Camwhore items that exist.

Which isn’t to say we won’t, eventually, get better everything, but it’s not automatic. Looks like emos have just been lucky so far (and trolls and hackers not even lucky enough to get items yet).

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

I don’t expect this game to disappear in a year or two, and you know we’re going to have so many items that we’ll run out of different stats to put on them! The slower the better.

Four days: Idea creation, idea voting, image creation, image voting.

Plus all but a handful of the hundreds of items we have later will be useful.

E: You really have to look at the bigger picture. Taking four days still gives us 90 items a year too, that’s still is TONS.

Johnny Mac edited this message on 03/20/2009 6:52PM

Cruzader

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

I don’t know, maybe if it was more Junk or consumables, but it seems like it might get a bit repetitive to produce 365 items a year.

Still an interesting idea though to produce more items, but it’s really hard to tell what will happen with such a new feature, especially when the current range of items in the regular shops are still broad enough to cover the game, I think.

shifty_pecker

Avatar: 82151 Mon Dec 01 12:35:51 -0500 2008

Level 52 Troll

“eBaum”

Are the items’ availabilities going to be limited at all? I’m not sure how it would affect the game dynamic, but if something were to be removed from the co-op after a certain period, then re-appear for a grossly inflated price at auction, it would arguably be more lifelike IMO.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

shifty_pecker Posted:

Are the items’ availabilities going to be limited at all? I’m not sure how it would affect the game dynamic, but if something were to be removed from the co-op after a certain period, then re-appear for a grossly inflated price at auction, it would arguably be more lifelike IMO.

IIRC, there was going to be the ability for CZ & the Mods to put the items in the normal stores. But since everyone has access to the Co-Op store immediately, I’m not sure what the point would be.

I’m expecting to see some changes in the dynamic soon.

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

Johnny Mac Posted:

I don’t expect this game to disappear in a year or two, and you know we’re going to have so many items that we’ll run out of different stats to put on them! The slower the better.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Hey I has an idea!

Maybe now if items get deleted and can only be bought for a month or two then we can cycle them out as fast as possible.

E: I mean deleted from the stores, not from people’s accounts.

Johnny Mac edited this message on 03/21/2009 3:50PM

naughty-mayh-
em

[Board of Directors]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Acid Flux Posted:

IIRC, there was going to be the ability for CZ & the Mods to put the items in the normal stores. But since everyone has access to the Co-Op store immediately, I’m not sure what the point would be.

My impression was that the items would eventually disappear from the Co-Op store, but CZ would keep the option to take the best of the items and shift them over to real stores to be available permanently.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!