Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me ForumWarz translations

5angel

[Angelz]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Hai gaise! I want to say, that Forumwarz™ has a very big potensial to be Log in to see images!

VIVa-ChiCk

Level 14 Troll

aka FireFury

If your transing it, atleast trans it to Norwegian or so (SO that 3 countries will understand the same part)

5angel

[Angelz]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I can’t translate it to the language i don’t know ) I just asked, is it a good idea. Log in to see images!

clock worker

Level 14 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

Well yes it would be a good idea. But that would mean that every bit of text would have to be changed and all the text in images if needed. This would also mean that we would need different forums in flamebate for the people of different languages. it is not NEEDED but then they wouldent be able to get person to person help. also the fact that the bulk of the users speak english or even all of the users speak english.

all in all its a bad idea and probobly usless.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

clock worker Posted:

all in all its a bad idea and probobly usless.

Strongly disagree. Being able to support multiple languages is a fine idea. While the Flamebate forums couldn’t necessarily support it, most code can be written to read a file for text strings, making new languages relatively easy to deploy once the initial code is set up.

It’d probably be tough to handle the madlibs and/or cinematics, but at least the sTalk conversations, in-game tubmails, and game events (on the character main tab) could probably be done, if Crotch Zombie wanted to do that.

Cherrypie

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

If you wanna hit the largest population per language, you’d translate either to Chinese (which wouldn’ be able to read it, because I’m sure FW will be banned there in less than a cycle) or Spanish (which is *not*, I repeat, *not* a good target when translatin’ from Eng; you lose too much stuff).

If you wanna make reference to stuff in other languages, I think its more logical to have foreign, even mebbe non-english forums (like, a serious japanese culture forum written in perfect japanese, with high pwnage and low damage because either side of the convo can’t understand the other. Hmmn, Futanari or Yuriko could stroll there.)

NEOJUGS

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I demand a translation into Sumerian Cuneiform script.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Forumwarz actually isn’t built for localization.

Very early on in development we made the decision to focus on English. There are two reasons why we did this: One, Internet memes are often language dependent. So a lot of our injokes wouldn’t be appreciated by other cultures.

Secondly, it’s a lot more development work to make sure your site is easily translatable. And we’ve got a small team as it is.

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

It’s generally not really worth it to translate something that relies heavily on parodies and word play, especially when you’re talking about English, whose slang dictionary grows faster than any other language thanks to the Internet and Americans pretending – or not – to be dumbbumes. What other language can build an Unintelligencer™ on the scale of the current one? >_>

5angel

[Angelz]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Evil trout, well, some games offer players to do translations. It’s not so expensive and can be handled like Forumbuildr Log in to see images! 5angel edited this message on 03/07/2008 1:58PM

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!