Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me [CLOSED] MOD IDOL: We're looking for the next great Forumwarz moderator!

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

[Update: The new mods have been revealed! Check out the details here!]

Dear Flamebaters,

Do you think you have what it takes to be a moderator here at Forumwarz?

Do you have the wisdom to make difficult calls on trollish posts; the thick skin to handle constant criticism from your fellow players; the strong stomach to make deliberate judgments on shock images?

As some of you may know, scullyangel has hung up her ban-axe. To fill the void left behind, we’re looking for the consummate Forumwarz mod: someone thoughtful, dependable, mature, judicious, rational, knowledgeable about the rules and reasonably technically inclined.

In the past, we’ve approached people who we think are right for the job. Now, we’re trying something a little different: we want someone who truly wants the job — but only for the right reasons.

I don’t intend to outline the perks of being a mod here. While it can be lots of fun, and there’s some level of cachet to it (yes, even here), we think modding should be its own reward. It’s something you love to do, you think you’d be great at it, and you think you’d help make Forumwarz a better place!

It’s safe to say that this is an issue of trust, and we won’t take this decision lightly. So if you’re only in this to screw with the site, or to gain advantage in Domination, or simply because you’re power-mad, we don’t want you. We won’t accept that attitude and we’ll drop you (and your account) like a hot potato if you abuse our trust.

However, we’re reasonably sure that’s not going to happen. We think the vast majority of applicants want to be part of a great team characterized by mutual trust.

So, if you’re interested, please send us a private message at (too late, it’s over!). Tell us why you want to do it and why we should pick you. And don’t forget to include your main character’s name!

There’s no hard time limit, but we’ll keep accepting applications until we’ve made a decision. Please do not post your application in this thread.

Good luck! Log in to see images! Jalapeno Bootyhole edited this message on 03/26/2009 9:18AM

i’m the mod in the op

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

If anyone is thinking about applying but has questions about details of the position, I’ll be glad to answer whatever I can either here in this thread or via TM.

1337xxxlolololxxx1337 Posted:

i’m the mod in the op

I don’t see where JB said this was a trollable contest.

MC Banhammer edited this message on 03/17/2009 2:26PM

That’s not trolling i’ve got what it takes

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Can we nominate people?

Thiefree

Avatar: 60455 Sun Feb 15 19:29:37 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Hm, I’ll be interested to see how this goes!

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Lester Burnham Posted:

Can we nominate people?

Feel free to recommend someone else. I’d prefer if it came by private message, just so we don’t influence other players.

Since you specifically state it’s ok i nominate Nicco & Angry Hobo

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Hm.

Oleg

Avatar: 98357 2011-07-31 00:47:25 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 18 Hacker

INVINCIBLE POSTER

I nominate Nicco and Angry hobo, too. Nicco is one of the most experienced users and he is online very often. Angry hobo because… well, I don’t know, just mod him.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Oleg Mordashov Posted:

I nominate Nicco and Angry hobo, too. Nicco is one of the most experienced users and he is online very often. Angry hobo because… well, I don’t know, just mod him.

If you’re really serious about recommending someone, like I said, do so in a private message. There’s no point in posting it here.

“Joke” nominations will be considered trolling, so think before you actually do it.

ANGRY HOBO

Avatar: 49150 Tue Aug 11 01:43:48 -0400 2009

Level 28 Emo Kid

lmbo i gave this account and now its full of people :D bye all this game is ****....................

i would be a great moderator cause i’ve been banned for every reason there is, so I really know the rulle, but i would need <sent tubmail with the name> aswell. we would be great moderators and would improve flamebate in my honest opinion

ANGRY HOBO edited this message on 03/17/2009 2:46PM

Yes, let’s do take a moment to be serious. Nicco is a reliable, regular poster who participates in all aspects of the game and is very helpful and knowledgable. Angry Hobo is a lighthearted scamp who has tread the line between bannable and unbannable and knows better then ET himself what should pbum in flambate. For this reason i nominate these two gentelmen for the moderation team. They have seen both sides of fwz – the good, contributing dom players and the dark underbelly. They are not afriad of what people think of them. Please vote for them, fellow posters!

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

1337xxxlolololxxx1337 Posted:

Please vote for them, fellow posters!

Umm… This isn’t a democratic process. Don’t spam up the thread with votes.

Follow the instructions in the OP if you’re interested. I’m about ready to start issuing bans for posts in this thread. Let’s not make it come to that.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

A friendly word of advice from me:

Moderating this place is hard. I mean most of the time it’s ****-easy, but there’s a lot of times where the site’s ambiguous rules and bizarre nature make it difficult to judge what’s acceptable or what breaks the rules. To succeed as a mod here you need to care far more than is socially acceptable about this horrible horrible community Log in to see images!

I hope we get some good candidates.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

MC Banhammer Posted:

Umm… This isn’t a democratic process. Don’t spam up the thread with votes.

Follow the instructions in the OP if you’re interested. I’m about ready to start issuing bans for posts in this thread. Let’s not make it come to that.

Incidentally, this is the kind of modding you want to try to live up to.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

I doubt I’ll get it, but hey never hurts to try!

What_tha_Fox

Level 19 Hacker

“Buffer Overflower”

Im a lame person, so i think i have what it takes. Log in to see images!

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Quick Question about the contest.

I left out a couple things that I thought would help me chances a bit, how could I go about sending them to you/re-submitting my application?

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Crinkz Posted:

I left out a couple things that I thought would help me chances a bit, how could I go about sending them to you/re-submitting my application?

Send another email w/the update.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!