Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Politics Itembuildr - Suggested Improvements/fixes thread

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

I would like to see how many characters I have still available as I fill out the description. I’m not gonna take the time to count my characters to see where I went over.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Wylin Posted:

I would like to see how many characters I have still available as I fill out the description. I’m not gonna take the time to count my characters to see where I went over.

Signed. But not just in itembuildr, everywhere on the site. There’s no reason that every field intended to be limited in size NOT have an HTML MAXLENGTH attribute.

You guys wanna know somewhere which has a text limit but no controls? The field will fill out when giving a ban. And sometimes, the reason actually was so long that it got cut off and the user had no idea what was going on.

BrainpanSona-
ta

Avatar: 36331 Thu Feb 05 22:13:20 -0500 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Trespbumers will be violated. Survivors will be violated again.

Wylin Posted:

Signed. And I’d like to see this done in profiles signatures as well.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

BrainpanSonata Posted:

Signed. And I’d like to see this done in profiles signatures as well.

Agreed. Especially since when I do a character count in my word processor, and I’m at less than 900 characters, I still get error messages for my signature, which is supposed to have 1024 max.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

I made some suggestions here which I’d love for ET to take a quick look at. For me at least, Itembuildr will only become truly interesting if it does something really new.

We can’t expect a genuinely new item idea every week of course, but just occasionally it’d be nice to spice the game up a bit, or use new items to address or alleviate issues in other areas of the game.

Bob Barker

Level 18 Re-Re

Regarding character count:

In word, it says I have 231 characters (with spaces), but itembuildr says I have more than 250. I am going to sign the character count idea, just for this reason.

Edit: Did a test with shortening/deleting words, it turns out 214 characters is the limit. I added spaces (from ~210 characters), and I could add up a total of 214 characters (with spaces). Once I put in another space (215 characters), however, I got the error message.

Bob Barker edited this message on 03/10/2009 5:21PM

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

i dont even understand this ****…im supposed to come up with a description of an item that theres no pic for, or vice versa? just blind suggestions? i think maybe you should make it like ither buildr, so you can choose

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

i dont even understand this ****…im supposed to come up with a description of an item that theres no pic for, or vice versa? just blind suggestions? i think maybe you should make it like ither buildr, so you can choose

The idea is to synch them, with the writing driving the art. So first you describe it, then once the winning description is selected, images are submitted and voted it.

It gives a chance to contribute to those of us who can write but can’t draw. And vice-versa.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

i dont even understand this ****…im supposed to come up with a description of an item that theres no pic for, or vice versa? just blind suggestions?

If you try to submit an image it becomes clear fast:

“Submit an Image!

Right now there is no build to submit an image for. You’re probably seeing this message because it’s the first week we’re running itembuildr and there is no build far enough along the bumembly line to warrant it yet.

Try submitting an idea instead! ”

i think maybe you should make it like ither buildr, so you can choose

I think you had a brain spasm at that part? Or did you mean other buildr? It seems like tomorrow this will be worked out and hopefully we will be submitting images for my description!

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Listen2Reason

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

I have a great description, but my text editor says it’s 246 characters. I’m not willing to go any lower than that—if it says 250 characters is the limit, I want that to be the actual limit.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

That was quick!

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Wylin Posted:

It seems like tomorrow this will be worked out and hopefully we will be submitting images for my description!

Actually, tomorrow we’ll all be voting on the description submissions. And then once a winner is chosen, the next day we submit pictures, and then the following day, we vote on pictures.

I want to know more about :

Step 6. The item is published!

The item will end up in an itembuildr store at first for a limited time, along with recently published items. People can purchase the item and begin trading it on Kyoubai (or just stockpile it for their collections.) The best items will also be moved (at the discretions of admins) into the actual game stores, so anyone playing the Forumwarz storyline can purchase them.

Who gets access to this itembuildr store, and when?

Zebulun284

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

When we’re submitting item names for video files, do we need to put a .divy or whatever on the end? Or is that done automatically?

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Zebulun284 Posted:

When we’re submitting item names for video files, do we need to put a .divy or whatever on the end? Or is that done automatically?

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/501448

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

It would sure be nice if it just randomly picked and added it. Video can have 3 options, .pr0n, .divy, or .dvda. If we have to pick it ourselves, how long until dumbbumes start naming them things like ”.homo”?

Listen2Reason

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Wylin Posted:

It would sure be nice if it just randomly picked and added it. Video can have 3 options, .pr0n, .divy, or .dvda. If we have to pick it ourselves, how long until dumbbumes start naming them things like ”.homo”?

In theory, submissions with “proper” file extensions will be much more likely to be voted in. Others will be voted down.

However, I like the idea of fixed file extensions. It makes everything more consistent in the Forumwarz universe. I’m not sure one should be randomly chosen; not every video file could use a ”.pr0n” extension. In an ideal world, there would be a dropdown menu with all the possible file extensions so you could just pick one. Log in to see images!

Unless the implementors are open to the possibility of itembuildr creations coming up with all-new file extensions? Hmmmm…

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Listen2Reason Posted:

In theory, submissions with “proper” file extensions will be much more likely to be voted in. Others will be voted down.

Ok, I understand your theory, but I’ve also seen Incit.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Given that the item to be auctioned is determine pseudo-randomly, and that it’s not only files which will be buildable, I don’t think a drop-down is a good idea. Unless of course it only shows up on files, in which case I DO think it’s a good idea.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

So, what are we going to do for Junk Items? The only stat we’d have would be a Flezz value, I’d think. We’d have to supply both Description & Image.

That could be cool; designing the first 100K+ value Junk Item for the game?

That doesn’t even need to have a Peen bumociated with it. Every player in the game would be constantly reminded that you designed that Junk.

Of course, a Peen wouldn’t hurt, either.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!