Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant Critique to Current Forum Rules

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

This is meant as a critique to the plethora of ambiguity of the rules, the method of announcing new ones (or rather lack thereof), and the lack of a CZ-approved complete rules page.

Really Ambiguous rules:

NON-RP RULES

1) The rule states that posting “personal insults, unconstructive criticism/suggestions/answers” is bannable. This is extremely vague, some detailed guidelines should be given on what is considered trolling. Personal insults are obvious, but “unconstructive criticism” is extremely vague. Is unconstructive criticism even bannable? Has anyone ever been banned for this? Or is it just an excuse that the mods can use to ban a player that they don’t really like? I’m not even joking here, a lot of times rules are just there as an excuse to ban someone without disrupting the community.

RP RULES

1) “Shock” is much too general for it to be ban-worthy. There needs to be a sort of detailed description of what is or is not considered shock. See the examples below on how vague the difference between the pictures are.

Examples:

*Shock

*Not Shock

*Not Shock

What would be ideal is a detailed description on what is, and what is not considered shock.

MC Banhammer said it best “Shock is SUBJECTIVE”, however there are 7 mods, and all of them have different definitions. There must be a better way than “If you don’t want to risk it, then don’t risk it.”

2) “No off-topic pictures in stickied threads in the Camwhore forum”. Though most of the problems surrounding this rule was in it’s announcement (or lack thereof), it’s still an unpopular rule, in that in a forum devoted to trolling (camwhoring specifically), pictures which troll the thread, (while involving camwhoring) is bannable. What should be done, is relocating the now “stickied” camwhore threads, to Ayn Rands (or another non-rp forum), a just add (NSFW) to the end of the title. This provides us with RP forums, in which the only stickied thing is the rules, and everything else is fair game for posting (rather than all the complicated stuff now). And even then, what is off-topic anyway? Can someone have a regular conversation in an RP thread?

General Rules

1) “NO TUBMAIL SPAMMING”. MC Banhammer has said “If you’re ****ing someone off, or causing CZ to lost tons of money because they exceeded their email quota from forwarding tubmails as emails to thousands of users, you’re likely to be banned.”, I understand the second one, but at what point is the former spam?

2) Spamming IDC. What qualifies as spamming, and where does it say this? Can we get some detailed guidelines on this?

3) “Voting fraud in Forumbuildr, Itembuildr, etc.” Does this include asking people to vote for your submission? Is making a thread in a rp forum saying “PLEASE VOTE MY SUBMISSION” a count of fraud? People have been banned for less than this, so please, some guidelines would be much appreciated.

4) “Making people perform actions against their will” specifically including sending someone a logout link. This is just strange, in an RP forum, someone should be able to post a logout link without being banned for it.

5) As zagerblag pointed out, I’m pretty sure autospam is bannable, but could a mod verify this please?

In addition to all of this, there is no CZ-approved page containing all the rules. You have the NON-RP rules, in a thread, in a Non-RP forum, the RP rules (which differs between forums now), in a thread in said forum, and all the general rules on a wiki page. This is unorganized and inefficient. At the bottom of the page, right next to “Code of Ethics”, should be a “Rules”, which links to a new wiki page containing all the rules and such.

I created such an example on this page, however there are 2 problems with it.

1) A mod/administrator needs to take a look at this, make sure everything is correct in the rules and such. A lot of this was done, by myself searching through forums for these rules, and a lot of stuff I put in here, is not listed on any official rules page, and instead contributed to common sense.

2) Desperately in need of a table of contents, I’ve researched the MediaWiki formatting, and on everything else, you’d just put a [code]{TOC}[/code} tag, and it’d make one for you. If someone more familiar with the MediaWiki syntax could please put one in, it would be a lot more efficient.

-MLF- edited this message on 04/21/2009 5:14PM

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

wiki pages about klans/people don’t matter because they’re not directly related to the game and are just going to be about how awesome the subject in question is

-MLF-

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS Posted:

wiki pages about klans/people don’t matter because they’re not directly related to the game and are just going to be about how awesome the subject in question is

Hence why I’m asking for clarification.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

game discussion

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

MeatLoafFan Posted:

Hence why I’m asking for clarification.

i just gave you clarification

-MLF-

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS Posted:

i just gave you clarification

Are you a mod?

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

2) You can tubmail till your heart’s content as long as you’re the one doing it. They’re referring to the use of scripts.

-MLF-

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

Celerysteve Posted:

2) You can tubmail till your heart’s content as long as you’re the one doing it. They’re referring to the use of scripts.

The point of this is that I’d like the official stance of the mods of these issues. When I get banned, I don’t want to contest it with “But Celerysteve said I could do it!”

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Just tell JB I said it. I’m totally in his inner circle. Just say Celerysteve sent you.

No, but seriously a mod said what I told you in the last post. Trust me.

-MLF-

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

MeatLoafFan Posted:

The point of this is that I’d like the official stance of the mods of these issues.

To add to that, I’d like official stances all in one place, which can be cited at any given time…

Though thank you for your..erm…influence?

-MLF- edited this message on 03/03/2009 12:13AM

-MLF-

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

Bumping this because I’d like a response from the mods.

ANGRY HOBO

Avatar: 49150 Tue Aug 11 01:43:48 -0400 2009

Level 28 Emo Kid

lmbo i gave this account and now its full of people :D bye all this game is ****....................

MeatLoafFan Posted:

RULES THAT ARE NOT SAID ANYWHERE, BUT PEOPLE ARE BANNED FOR BREAKING ANYWAY

1) Spamming IDC. What qualifies as spamming, and where does it say this?

funny hog got an e-peen for spamming idc, irawr got banned… i wonder why?!

-MLF-

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

Edited the section about the rules that are not said anywhere, yet people are banned anyway for.

Cygnus

Avatar: 100228 Fri Aug 21 11:03:02 -0400 2009

[The British Gentle-
men Society
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Extremely anal (in more ways than one)!

MeatLoafFan Posted:

3) “Making people perform actions against their will” specifically including sending someone a logout link. Oleg was banned for doing this action.

Elaborate on this one, please?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Someone remind me to respond to all this tomorrow. Bump this thread at around noon Eastern Time. Thx.

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

MeatLoafFan Posted:

2) “Rigging” forumbuilder, by asking for people to vote for your submission. How is this rigging, and where does it say that this is not allowed?

3) “Making people perform actions against their will” specifically including sending someone a logout link. Oleg was banned for doing this action.

2) I thought that was on the list, but I checked and it’s not. I really thought it was stated somewhere. The “ALL THE RULES” list isn’t close to complete.

3) Don’t people do that all the time in the RP forums?

Don’t forget autospam; I’m pretty sure that’s bannable, but not on the list.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

In mod’s defense, this is a tough site to mod. Everybody pushes the rules as far as they can and frequently the mods have to make tough calls very fast. The rules get messy precisely because they actually are pushed to the breaking point.

Let us cite, for example, iRawr. Every so often, Bingebot 2015 will come into IDC to discuss some serious game issue. Once when he did, ILOVEJIZZ was in there spamming up his usual “BAWWWWWWWW GIVE ME 3BP BAWWWWWWWWWWWWW”. BB wanted to talk about dom with a few users. Bingebot said “stop or I ban”, ILOVEJIZZ didn’t stop, and bingebot banned. It was warned and it was warranted. h0g’s spamming directly resulted in a necessary repair to IDC. Not saying they’re completely different, but they are situational.

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

More clarification is always good, but considering the type of site that’s being run here, people will always be pushing, bending, levering and generally ignoring the boundaries.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Fortunato Posted:

In mod’s defense, this is a tough site to mod. Everybody pushes the rules as far as they can and frequently the mods have to make tough calls very fast. The rules get messy precisely because they actually are pushed to the breaking point.

Let us cite, for example, iRawr. Every so often, Bingebot 2015 will come into IDC to discuss some serious game issue. Once when he did, ILOVEJIZZ was in there spamming up his usual “BAWWWWWWWW GIVE ME 3BP BAWWWWWWWWWWWWW”. BB wanted to talk about dom with a few users. Bingebot said “stop or I ban”, ILOVEJIZZ didn’t stop, and bingebot banned. It was warned and it was warranted. h0g’s spamming directly resulted in a necessary repair to IDC. Not saying they’re completely different, but they are situational.

That was BB’s stupidity. IDC is a troll zone. BB should of thought about tubmail or a post in the dom section, instead of stupidly trying to talk about the game in IDC.

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 03/18/2009 8:39AM

you made a wiki about yourself…?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!