Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Board Games Eoic Chess

AdolfJester

Level 11 Hacker

“Ohacku”

http://pilleri.spt.fi/~lordjuri/misc/Epic%20Chess.txt

Not made by me.

What do you think?

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

AdolfJester Posted:

http://pilleri.spt.fi/~lordjuri/misc/Epic%20Chess.txt

Not made by me.

What do you think?

Just from the looks of it, it may be interesting, but I can’t find any other sources on it. Is it also known by a different name? chessvariants.com doesn’t list it.

Have you played it? It seems the Queen rule is a bit unbalancing but I could be wrong.

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

I don’t see the point in additionally rewarding the more successful player. This way, a game would become imbalanced and end pretty soon. Basically you’d win the game after your first bonus.

AdolfJester

Level 11 Hacker

“Ohacku”

I played it.

Once.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

FalCoN Posted:

I don’t see the point in additionally rewarding the more successful player. This way, a game would become imbalanced and end pretty soon. Basically you’d win the game after your first bonus.

Or games could be drawn out with defensive play by both sides. bumuming two players who don’t hang pieces every other move. Any N/B trade would open up interesting and complex tactical situations, though.

I think the pawn rule may need some modification to have it actually come into play. Losing all of one’s pawns isn’t very likely to happen soon. Maybe +1 movements after taking 4 of your opponent’s pawns and another +1 for taking the last one?

gayfine upstanding member of society94

[2ch]

Level 33 Permanoob

“Shit-for-Brains”

Most epic chess is chess with standard rules and warhammer minis instead of figures.

UPD: Pretty painted minis, of course, not that basecoated **** you can see in every wh club.

gaynigger94 edited this message on 02/24/2009 5:37AM

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Yes, it does seem unfair, you lose all your pawns and the other players pawns can move acorss the boards faster? Might as well say the player has to be blindfolded as he plays. I don’t see the reasoning.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

If you want a fun variation on standard Chess, try Knightmare Chess.

Each card in the deck gives you certain temporary or permanent rule tweaks.

My favorite is the Exploding Pawn.

Acid Flux edited this message on 02/28/2009 12:20PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!