Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 2 I do not understand what auction abuse means anymore

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

CoreyJess Posted:

Which may be part of the problem, since I believe the pwn shop sell price is way to low on many moar files.

It’s based of of the ‘Base Cost’ of items, not the Ppwn Shoppe price.

I wonder if we could start spading some data to determine if it’s a set amount or a percentage.

futhermocker

Avatar: 125126 Sat Feb 28 16:36:53 -0500 2009

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Troll

This user causes YOUR HEAD ASPLODE!!!

GGH Posted:

1. That way flezz transfer between alts/profiles is too simple, which is bad.

2. Low tier .moars will suffer auction abuse

I think there should be some kind of protection but the one we use right now is ridiculous.

Right now alts are already banned from bidding on items from other alts, I just tested this myself.

KindFearless-
Leader

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Then folks would just use their klan mates.

There’s probably a very good reason the actual algorithm isn’t published as well. Because as soon as it’s known, then items can be used to transfer flezz again, just using bulk amounts of items and keeping within the fairness rules of the algorithm. It won’t be as much flezz, sure, but a pair of friends could pretty simply use that knowledge to just be transferring all their alts currency into each other each day.

Really, the abuse metric just needs to trigger ‘pending review’, that freezes the auction until a moderator can check on it. Thus, keeping the amount of needed reviewing still low, and the automatic detection of problems still there.

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

KindFearlessLeader Posted:

the abuse metric just needs to trigger ‘pending review’, that freezes the auction until a moderator can check on it. Thus, keeping the amount of needed reviewing still low, and the automatic detection of problems still there.

this is a great idea, but the mods would get sick and tired of checking every bid that gets put up, until they just go back to the old ways.

futhermocker

Avatar: 125126 Sat Feb 28 16:36:53 -0500 2009

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Troll

This user causes YOUR HEAD ASPLODE!!!

banning junk auction altogether would probably solve most of the problems

KindFearless-
Leader

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

AntiRules187 Posted:

this is a great idea, but the mods would get sick and tired of checking every bid that gets put up, until they just go back to the old ways.

There’s really not too much of a difference. In reality, right now most things that get flagged for abuse result in whining, which means at least they have to take a look at it.

As far as I can tell, the point is to automatically filter for abuse and block it. Changing that block to a ‘pending review’ doesn’t really change much more than providing a pathway for high bid auctions to go through without bringing down the rage it does now.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

scullyangel Posted:

Also offered to make a basic list of files that flezz heavy speed players are interested in, so maybe things like this can be avoided in the future. Log in to see images!

Yes I believe it wouldn’t take much time identifying good moar files and give them a higher “abuse price”. Files that give +6/+7 offense are valuable. Files that give +6/+7 luck AND charisma are good too. Files that give both +7 offense and defense are awesome. The only exception is more random keystrokes, there are too many of them.

Andy_Dextruss

Avatar: 50228 Wed Apr 08 07:39:40 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 37 Troll

Orgasm changer who shoots rays through computer screens

Remove junk + low level moar files have auto buy out prices.

John Stossel

Avatar: 134911 Thu Feb 12 13:53:03 -0500 2009

[Fenjamellur]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

yeah I agree remove junk and but a maximum price on low tier .moars.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Bumping this because as of yet these auctions have not been resolved:

http://www.forumwarz.com/auctions/show/59724-fermats_last_theorem-_proof-leer

http://www.forumwarz.com/auctions/show/59722-jerkstorecalledthey-8217-reoutofyou-xpeg

It’s a little bit ridiculous that 2 of the best picture files in the game were flagged, when I see ridiculous crap going for 100x it’s value daily. I managed to finally get Blood Spatter and it’s Ppwn value is like 2k which means when I list it for auction and it will be flagged, since it should beat these prices.

Seriously, the offer in my bug report stands. I will be happy to make a list of files that people want and will be spending for, so that something can be done to eliminate this problem. This stuff shouldn’t need to be stuck in limbo for days.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

scullyangel Posted:

Bumping this because as of yet these auctions have not been resolved:

http://www.forumwarz.com/auctions/show/59724-fermats_last_theorem-_proof-leer

http://www.forumwarz.com/auctions/show/59722-jerkstorecalledthey-8217-reoutofyou-xpe

ET’s been off since Thursday and is playing catch-up. The reports on these are in the High bucket and will no doubt get resolved shortly.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

MC Banhammer Posted:

ET’s been off since Thursday and is playing catch-up. The reports on these are in the High bucket and will no doubt get resolved shortly.

How bout that marble? Log in to see images!

TurboSquid

Level 4 Hacker

“BASIC”

Simple way to stop all of this. Remove any peens that have to do with Flezz. GAsp! Problems are solved!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

TurboSquid Posted:

Simple way to stop all of this. Remove any peens that have to do with Flezz. GAsp! Problems are solved!

While peen may be part of this, it’s not the only issue. It has to do with purchase power, Domination, etc.

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Johnny Mac Posted:

How bout that marble? Log in to see images!

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

TurboSquid Posted:

Simple way to stop all of this. Remove any peens that have to do with Flezz.

This is a bad idea and there is only one

TurboSquid

Level 4 Hacker

“BASIC”

MC Banhammer Posted:

While peen may be part of this, it’s not the only issue. It has to do with purchase power, Domination, etc.

Yes, putting everyone at even hands in dom sure is a bad thing.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

MC Banhammer Posted:

It does currently, but only from a perspective of time saved. Flezz is pretty meaningless, and with a fixed number of .moar file slots it honestly doesn’t take much to max yourself out. I had no flezz after the Christmas raffle, now I have 16 million. To complete what I’d like for top of the line equipment I need INCIT and Blood Spatter, I have everything else.

I guess it could matter from the perspective of unique items that will be placed at auction in the future.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

These have been addressed now. Thanks. Log in to see images!

CoreyJess

Avatar: 2355 2015-02-10 15:56:06 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Pie cannot hide overwhelming naughtiness!

Yeah, this has been fixed. The current system may just need fine tuning, if occurrences like this are investigated enough.

Although I still don’t believe there should be any limits to auction amounts

and Hobart should get his marble

CoreyJess edited this message on 02/17/2009 8:28PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!