Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
FAQ [CLOSED] Kyoubai FAQ

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Doing this small FAQ since there are a lot of questions about bidding thrown around. I know from a bit of experience on eBay, PoliceAuctions.com etc. Also common sense Log in to see images! Lol nevermind. LET THE ASKING COMMENCE!

Q: How do I get to Kyoubai? I haven’t been notified of it yet.
A: You may need to play the game a bit more before you get it. If you haven’t beaten Fitness fabulous personry, you won’t get the TubMail. Kyoubai will appear under the Services tab under Bookmarks once you open it.

Q: What is a reserve?
A: The reserve you set makes it so that your item will not sell unless it reaches that amount.

Q: What is a buy out price?
A: The buy out price makes it so that, after one hour, if it is up to that price, it will sell the item immediately.

Also I’m going to throw this term out there so everyone can use it and know what they’re talking about:
Proxy bidding

Proxy bidding, as the name explains, is the process in which your bids are placed automatically, up to the amount of your maximum bid you set. Kyoubai automatically does this for you. This allows you to set a nice price early and sit back, and will automatically bid higher than other people who bid as long as nobody else bids over your maximum proxy bid. You will proxy bid up to the amount of your current max bid.

Q: How do I use a proxy bid?
A: Placing any bid will allow you to proxy bid as long as it is the highest bid on the item. You don’t have to click anything special

Q: How do I search for a specific file?
A: The “Name” Box in the Filter options area will allow you to type in anything, and it will update the list to only include items with that included. This is a tad glitchy currently, the less you put in the better. If it turns to display nothing, backspace all the way and slowly type it in again until you see what you like.

Q: Bidsquid sent me money! Why?
A: You were outbid on an item. When you place a bid, your money is placed in Bidsquid. This is to prevent people from bidding more than they have in multiple auctions. When you get outbid, your money is refunded.

Q: Why can’t I bid on this item?
A: Either bidding is closed, you are the one who created the auction, or you have purchased illegal gaming enhancements.

Q: I have an item I want to put up for auction but it doesn’t show up. Why not?
A: Items must be 100% repaired, and unequipped, to be put up for auction.

Q: If my item got sold, do I get my deposit fee back?
A: Yes, you do.

Q: An auction just ended, and I was the highest bidder. Why haven’t I received my item?
A: Either your highest bid was under the reserve price and your flezz was refunded, or you haven’t waited long enough. Sometimes it takes a few minutes for the flezz and item to go through and be delivered.

A few possibilities.
First, if the Seller set a minimum reserve price for the item, and if your highest bid did not equal or exceed that minimum reserve, then the Auction has ended and your bid will be returned momentarily.
Second, if you were the High Bidder and you met or exceeded the reserve price, then you have won the Auction! Just give Bidsquid a few minutes to finalize the transaction and he will delivery your item via Tubmail ASAP.

Q: Is there a way to track my bids?
A: Yes, here’s a link straight to it My Bids. The link is also in the Kyoubai main section.

Q: Can I see what else a particular seller is selling?
A: No, not currently.

Q: Is there a way to see the reserve price?
A: No, you currently can’t see the reserve price on your items or anyone else’s after you post the auction up.

If you have any more question about the basics of bidding on stuff, go ahead and I’ll answer them and add them to the OP. As well if you have anything to add.
Johnny Mac edited this message on 01/24/2009 8:56AM

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

Q) Bidsquid sent me money! Why?

A) You were outbid on that. When you place a bid, your money is placed in Bidsquid. This is to prevent people from overbidding themselves. When you get outbid, your money is refunded.

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

How do I search for a specific file?

myfaceisonfi-
re

Level 21 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

Is there any “My Bids” bumon? if o where is it?

Master_Troll

Level 69 Emo Kid

SG94 Posted:

How do I search for a specific file?

Filter Auctions, It’s right below the “My Auctions” bumon

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

How will we know when there will be future rare items? Will bidsquid have a featured auction on the main page?

Master_Troll

Level 69 Emo Kid

myfaceisonfire Posted:

Is there any “My Bids” bumon? if o where is it?

There is currently no option to view that. You’ll just have to keep an eye on them.

Johnny Mac

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Crinkz Posted:

How will we know when there will be future rare items? Will bidsquid have a featured auction on the main page?

I think you’ll have to wait for the official FAQ for questions like these. I’m not a mod, as you should know. Mods can join in on answering though.

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

Master_Troll Posted:

Filter Auctions, It’s right below the “My Auctions” bumon

Well obviously that doesn’t work for me or I wouldn’t have asked.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Johnny Mac Posted:

Q: What is a buy out price?

A: The buy out price makes it so that, after one hour, if it is up to that price, it will sell the item immediately.

I set the max I could for the buyout price of my mitnick file and the bid is now well above that and still climbing after over an hour.

I don’t see how we couldn’t all send all of our flez to 1 person to make them get the flezz e-peen then return the flezz after. Couldn’t I bid 12m on some crappy junk file just to transfer funds?

Current issues thread: http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/23045 includes me tip on how to get it to show specific file locations (check the box then tick consumables to force it)

Wylin edited this message on 01/16/2009 4:36PM

Johnny Mac

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

SG94 Posted:

Well obviously that doesn’t work for me or I wouldn’t have asked.

It’s a little glitchy sometimes, but it does work. At least for me. Try only putting a portion of the name in it, most unique you can, it seems to work if you use a very small part, and craps out if you put in more.

Wylin Posted:

I set the max I could for the buyout price of my mitnick file and the bid is now well above that and still climbing after over an hour.

I don’t see how we couldn’t all send all of our flez to 1 person to make them get the flezz e-peen then return the flezz after. Couldn’t I bid 12m on some crappy junk file just to transfer funds?

That seems like a possibility at this point, yes.

Johnny Mac edited this message on 01/16/2009 4:39PM

Johnny Mac

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Updated OP.

Johnny Mac

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Bumping this

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

quangntenemy Posted:

Most likely there won’t ever be a way to do this, since real world auction houses don’t reveal that. However, revealing when the reserve price has been met would be nice.

Spirithound

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Johnny Mac Posted:

Proxy bidding

Proxy bidding, as the name explains, is the process in which your bids are placed automatically, up to the amount of your maximum bid you set. Kyoubai automatically does this for you. This allows you to set a nice price early and sit back, and will automatically bid higher than other people who bid as long as nobody else bids over your maximum proxy bid. You will proxy bid up to the amount of your current max bid.

In this auction (and in many others, but this one is a great example)

http://www.forumwarz.com/auctions/show/3177

the bid just jumped 100,000%. Is there a way to not place a proxy bid, but have your amazing bid published in full? Or is this a bug?

Johnny Mac

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Spirithound Posted:

the bid just jumped 100,000%. Is there a way to not place a proxy bid, but have your amazing bid published in full? Or is this a bug?

It’s not a bug, you’ll either bid in full and then be overtaken if someone else has a higher proxy bid, or else you’ll have you proxy set, so if nobody bids, you don’t have to pay the full price, only just above the second ot last bid, which is the major point in proxy bidding.

Not sure if ET fixed the problem of bidding under a proxy bid yet, but what I said it how it should work.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Spirithound Posted:

It happens when you outbid the highest proxy bid.

Spirithound

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

quangntenemy Posted:

It happens when you outbid the highest proxy bid.

But then logically your bid would become the highest proxy bid, and the whole thing wouldn’t show unless it’s reasonably close to the previous bid.

Spirithound

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Another thing I’d like to see happen is if I make a bid higher than the “minimum”, but lower than the highest proxy, I want my bid to actually register and raise the going amount.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!