Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant Flamebate Active Topics

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

I think something should be done to keep BP contest threads off of the Active Topics section. Often (like right now as of when I’m typing) all five of the listed active topics are BP contests, and it’s the same one (or in this case two) people who posted on each of them.

Why is this a problem? It means that other threads get bumped quickly from the front page, and we all know threads that don’t get seen don’t get bumped. I think a lot of legit, valuable threads are dying off because people who should be seeing them aren’t.

CZ folks, is it possible to keep contest threads off of the Active Topics section? I don’t know how your coding is, but it would help everyone’s Flamebate experience if this were possible to implement.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Case in point: the three threads below this (and the one above it) are all BP threads.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Hm, you know I’m going to agree with this, although it probably won’t happen.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

... and this thread just got bumped off by “15 BP prize pool! Post once to enter!”

BP contests are awesome, I’ve entered a bunch, and they have a place on the site, but this is really ridiculous. Get one person who wants to win BP, and suddenly the board’s flooded with nothing but those contests.

Johnny Mac

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Perhaps, there could be an option implemented to choose what sub-forums are displayed in the Active Topics for a given user.

This doesn’t have to be limited to the Contest sub-forum. Just a list of all of them, check which ones you want there.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Are you saying that this game’s forums should somehow work good or something? What is it you think this game is about anyhow?

OrsonScottCa-
rd

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Johnny Mac Posted:

Perhaps, there could be an option implemented to choose what sub-forums are displayed in the Active Topics for a given user.

This doesn’t have to be limited to the Contest sub-forum. Just a list of all of them, check which ones you want there.

This would be amazing, but I don’t know how possible it is.

Wylin Posted:

Are you saying that this game’s forums should somehow work good or something? What is it you think this game is about anyhow?

Non-RP, yes, it should work. The Active Topics part in the RP forums is invited to suck balls as much as it wants.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

I think I made the same suggestion as you about a year ago but the forums in the game are for some reason not very important.

How about “view all unread posts” or new topics? Maybe showing in addition to who posted the latest post in all the sub-forums it could give the thread title? Maybe if someone posts something so wide that it breaks the table, every other post shouldn’t go off into a colored background and become nearly unreadable?

How about that? There is a bunch more but I forget them at times.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Wylin Posted:

I think I made the same suggestion as you about a year ago but the forums in the game are for some reason not very important.

How about “view all unread posts” or new topics? Maybe showing in addition to who posted the latest post in all the sub-forums it could give the thread title? Maybe if someone posts something so wide that it breaks the table, every other post shouldn’t go off into a colored background and become nearly unreadable?

How about that? There is a bunch more but I forget them at times.

All of those would be good.

Hell, I’d be happy it they’d just make the Active Topics be top 10 instead of 5, or, even better, the last active in each individual section. That way, BP threads wouldn’t be quite so disruptive.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Johnny Mac

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

More active topics, not a good idea imo. This is a different problem.

Actually, why not just put that in the options too? Obviously I am saying this without knowledge of how hard or easy this would all be.

Johnny Mac edited this message on 01/13/2009 7:01AM

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

I brought this up ages ago. There looking at making one for rp and one for non-rp.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Raepdog Posted:

I brought this up ages ago. There looking at making one for rp and one for non-rp.

I know it’s been discussed alot, but did you bring it up before any of those ideas were discussed in the thread I linked to? Forumwarz history=flamebait is not a priority.

Find your thread Raepdog.

SplodeyDopy

[iBoxxy]

Level 34 Emo Kid

desperate attention whore

Wylin Posted:

are you serious?

we know the game isn’t there for the forum.. but with only 4 visits a day the forum should be working fineLog in to see images!

Johnny Mac

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Raepdog Posted:

Meh, worst idea I’ve heard so far. I hope we still have the option to keep the combined.

quantumenergy

[Everyday Regular N-
ormal Klan
]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

I think the best think to do is showing more active topics, probably in a separate page.

myfaceisonfi-
re

Level 21 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

I like the idea of an option to only include certain certain forums but I don’t think an option for showing RP/Non-RP would work that great.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

More active topics are in the cards (I was thinking seven or eight) as well as splitting off RP.

Customizing the active topics view, where you could exclude subforums, would be cool. But I imagine it’s quite a bit more work.

However, I’m in full agreement that these “post here for a BP” non-threads are mad lame.

Johnny Mac

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

More active topics are in the cards (I was thinking seven or eight) as well as splitting off RP.

Customizing the active topics view, where you could exclude subforums, would be cool. But I imagine it’s quite a bit more work.

However, I’m in full agreement that these “post here for a BP” non-threads are mad lame.

If you put in the bit more work, it’d show that you really care about us.

And we might start caring about you too, then. Log in to see images!

OrsonScottCa-
rd

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Hey, whatever you can do would be awesome. I just hate having to re-bump topics every minute or two to keep them going.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!