Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Kyoubai, the new ForumWarz Auction House.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Raepdog Posted:

javascript: dogreat timesent.body.contentEditable = ‘true’; dogreat timesent.designMode = ‘on’; void 0

Press Enter

That didn’t work Log in to see images!

KindFearless-
Leader

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

DesdiPhoenix Posted:

This.

I’m only 4 pieces away from having Pink Floyd. Would anyone that has it be ok with me just buying the last 4 pieces, whereas they had to grind forever to get it? Also if everyone who has hundreds of extra pieces sell them it will flood the market, making it WAY too easy for newer people to get it. Thereby making it not as rare, and not at all a bragging right.

And there’s something else to consider. If you have completed the file, you probably only need a piece or two to get it again. Selling the second full file would be worth WAY more flezz, making all the grinding you’ve done more worth wild.

Except the last 1-5 pieces are the most tedious part. It intrinsically betters the game for folks to be able to say “You know what, I’ll get rid of some of my excess flezz instead of spending another 30 visit on the last bits”. Bragging rights? “Hey jerks, I sat around camping this forum for 4 weeks instead of 2. And I didn’t even get an epeen.” Folks grinding for these things literally have nothing better to buy.

Also for some clbumes (hacker, permanoob?), it’s practically a necessity to play the 33 and up forums.

What percentage of the folks playing the post game can even approach the level 35 forums and not get swatted? 2 percent? How many of those already are sitting on floyd as the foundation of their abilities?

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

KindFearlessLeader Posted:

What percentage of the folks playing the post game can even approach the level 35 forums and not get swatted? 2 percent? How many of those already are sitting on floyd as the foundation of their abilities?

I thought everyone who has hit the level cap can, they are very easy for me, and I don’t yet have a completed pink floyd file..

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

There is no reason any level cap player can’t run any forum in the game with the right build. (The exception could possibly be a re-re or permanoob on Cosplay or Fetish, I can’t answer that.) Heck, the uber hard forums can be done without consumables with the right ego build unlike the old GFoC and Faux News from pre-Ep 2. Again, it’s just a matter of sacrificing some speed.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Big Brother Posted:

I’m not saying sell dozens at a time. I’m saying I don’t see how complicated it is. Just make a list of all your pieces, and next to each one a bumon. If you click said bumon, you go the screen you just showed with that piece.

Like I’ve said before in the thread, selling and buying one piece is not hard.

Just think 15 minutes into the future though, after I’ve launched that interface. You are picking up dozens of pieces every day, and you want to unload them. Are you going to click one at a time and sell each piece that way?

How long before complaints fill my inbox about how tedious it is to auction pieces?

MC Banhammer Posted:

I was thinking something like this. I’d have made it look nicer but I couldn’t grab the page source to hack it, so I had to use Paint, which I’m not so good at…

One problem is that the minimum price varies by item, as does the calculated deposit for it. Deposits on cheap items are much less than on expensive ones.

Secondly, your mock up is ignoring that you can have multiple of each piece in the pile. Does the checkbox apply to one or all?

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

scullyangel Posted:

There is no reason any level cap player can’t run any forum in the game with the right build. (The exception could possibly be a re-re or permanoob on Cosplay or Fetish, I can’t answer that.) Heck, the uber hard forums can be done without consumables with the right ego build unlike the old GFoC and Faux News from pre-Ep 2. Again, it’s just a matter of sacrificing some speed.

With Pink Floyd, you virtually don’t sacrifice speed.

Ego   	5145
Sexiness 	775

Offense 	121
Defense 	65

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I think people are getting ahead of themselves.

ET: Ignore them. Just roll it out when it’s ready and see how people respond to it as-is. Feature creep is a **** that needs to die.

DesdiPhoenix

Avatar: 75442 Wed Nov 12 18:57:30 -0500 2008

[T3H L33T HACK3RZ]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

KindFearlessLeader Posted:

Except the last 1-5 pieces are the most tedious part. It intrinsically betters the game for folks to be able to say “You know what, I’ll get rid of some of my excess flezz instead of spending another 30 visit on the last bits”. Bragging rights? “Hey jerks, I sat around camping this forum for 4 weeks instead of 2. And I didn’t even get an epeen.” Folks grinding for these things literally have nothing better to buy.

Also for some clbumes (hacker, permanoob?), it’s practically a necessity to play the 33 and up forums.

Um… Either you’re really not working with a good build, or you need to play the game differently, because I don’t have the file, and I’m not having a problem with lvl 35 forums. Look at all of the people below you that posted that they aren’t having a problem either.

Also, you’re right, it’s a **** to farm for the last pieces. I get really bored of it myself. You want to be able to buy pieces of the files? Fine, we can charge a million a piece, and everyone will **** about gouging. It would never end. The way it is now, it keeps the balance that is already there, and gives us a new feature. At least this way you can BUY the moar files, why complain about how it happens?

I like the system the way it is and I don’t see a reason it should be changed.

DesdiPhoenix

Avatar: 75442 Wed Nov 12 18:57:30 -0500 2008

[T3H L33T HACK3RZ]

Level 35 Hacker

PS. My build:

DesdiPhoenix

Ego 1230

Proc. Power 420

Character Details

Flezz 1,241,786

Cred 100000000

Level 35

Secondary Attributes

Offense 143

Defense 84

Luck 52

Frugality 5

Charisma 39

Upkeep 18

Alignment 5% Evil

Edit: This is my farming build normally I have more ego for taking on tougher forums.

DesdiPhoenix edited this message on 01/08/2009 10:20AM

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

DesdiPhoenix Posted:

Um… Either you’re really not working with a good build, or you need to play the game differently, because I don’t have the file, and I’m not having a problem with lvl 35 forums. Look at all of the people below you that posted that they aren’t having a problem either.

Also, you’re right, it’s a **** to farm for the last pieces. I get really bored of it myself. You want to be able to buy pieces of the files? Fine, we can charge a million a piece, and everyone will **** about gouging. It would never end. The way it is now, it keeps the balance that is already there, and gives us a new feature. At least this way you can BUY the moar files, why complain about how it happens?

I like the system the way it is and I don’t see a reason it should be changed.

Although I see the concept, I’m not really going to buy a complete file when I have it halfway done by myself… my hopes on the Auction House would be me finishing stuff like useless program and Soggiest Cracker, both which I have more than half of the pieces.

It will help the lazy, but that’s about it.

Hackmeister

Level 35 Hacker

Pretty much the same logic.

Almost any moar file currently in existence of any interest, is something I have more than 50 percent complete. The UI argument is a good one, but the parts are really what’s interesting.

Also, by pieces, there will likely be significantly less gouging because to the seller, there’s less value. If you ask who has a spare Pink Floyd, it’s few. If you ask who has a spare Piece 37, it’s virtually everybody who ever tried to grind it for any length of time, except maybe a handful of folks who got unlucky on that specific piece.

Hackmeister edited this message on 01/08/2009 11:57AM

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

“Individually list all but one of each piece I’ve found from the .moar file(s) I’ve selected”

When doing a batch sale, you set one price that’s applied to every piece being listed.

The browsing interface should be broken down by types:

Equipment

*Camwhore

**Glbumes

**Lingerie

**Shoes

*Emokid

**Piercings

**Tattoos

*Hacker

**Equipment

*Troll

**Fetishes

*Universal

**Books

**Computers

**Special

**Web Spiders

Moar files

*Complete

**Dogreat timesent

**Music

**Picture

**Program

**Video

*Pieces

**Dogreat timesent

**Music

**Picture

**Program

**Video

Since there aren’t that many different types of things it makes much more sense to go with a directory format instead of a search format. Since there’s less than 40 or so kinds of equipment of each type, it’s not unreasonable for each item to have it’s own page where people can view the various auctions.

Pieces would require another layer of links, but that’s an acceptable trade-off for being able to get the pieces you need instead of just the entire file.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

I think people are getting ahead of themselves.

ET: Ignore them. Just roll it out when it’s ready and see how people respond to it as-is. Feature creep is a **** that needs to die.

You do know that the whole reason ET even started making the auction house was for making parts sellable, right?

sgreat timesmyfrog

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Evil Trout Posted:

Secondly, your mock up is ignoring that you can have multiple of each piece in the pile. Does the checkbox apply to one or all?

I think it is important to think about how a user would want to sell his individual pieces. For a particular file, each piece has the same value, so there is no reason to have to enter separate parameters for each piece. Most importantly, I think it is clear that a user will only care to do one of two things:

1) Sell all pieces of a particular file

2) Same as above, but keep 1 of each unique piece.

Next to each file on the moar page you could have a link for 1 and a checkbox for 2, or two links or whatever. This would bring them to the page to enter the auction parameters. You could allow the user to set default preferences for these parameters as well as the “keep one of each piece” parameter. For starting price, that could be a percentage of the max starting price. This would make possible one-click selling for all parts of a file. For the seller, this would be extremely efficient compared to the current method of extracting each completed file and selling them in the ppwn shop.

scummyfrog edited this message on 01/08/2009 6:02PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

sgreat timesmyfrog Posted:

I think it is important to think about how a user would want to sell

his individual pieces. For a particular file, each piece has the same

value, so there is no reason to have to enter separate parameters for

each piece. Most importantly, I think it is clear that a user will

only care to do one of two things:

1) Sell all pieces of a particular file

2) Same as above, but keep 1 of each unique piece.

Next to each file on the moar page you could have a link for 1 and a

checkbox for 2, or two links or whatever. This would bring them to

the page to enter the auction parameters. You could allow the user to

set default preferences for these parameters as well as the “keep one

of each piece” parameter. For starting price, that could be a

percentage of the max starting price. This would make possible

one-click selling for all parts of a file. For the seller, this would

be extremely efficient compared to the current method of extracting

each completed file and selling them in the ppwn shop.

Or, a quantity selector like in the stores for each piece you have. But that may get kind of big…

sgreat timesmyfrog

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

MC Banhammer Posted:

Or, a quantity selector like in the stores for each piece you have. But that may get kind of big…

The essence of my idea was to eliminate this sort of tedium.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Big Brother Posted:

You do know that the whole reason ET even started making the auction house was for making parts sellable, right?

ET said little about this. People said ET said. ET never, almost never, talks about stuff. Only on the blogs.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Big Brother Posted:

Yes, but it’s better to have a mostly-functional system now than it is to wait for the system to be completely finished. From a bugfixing perspective, anyway.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

I want to buy the pieces I’m missing of the rare Tom Cruise file that can no-longer be completed because we can’t access PP:RoTM anymore. How is anyone gonna complete it now if we can’t buy parts?

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Wylin Posted:

I want to buy the pieces I’m missing of the rare Tom Cruise file that can no-longer be completed because we can’t access PP:RoTM anymore. How is anyone gonna complete it now if we can’t buy parts?

I want to have this because others cant now that I just learned about this I retract my previous comments Evil Trout get working on this after a vacation.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!