Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Kyoubai, the new ForumWarz Auction House.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Loli-Druchii Posted:

So uncheating could be seen as a sort of “Reincarnate” Feature, where you start at square one?

Pretty much. I don’t see how it wouldn’t give a huge advantage any other way. Yes, stripping the character makes it so that buying the cheats was pointless, but the cheats are very clearly labeled as excluding the character from the competitive aspects. It wouldn’t do any good to let a player use cheat purchases to buy all the equipment they want, buy visits or use the auction house to get all the .moar files they want and then go “Ok, ready to play in the end game.”

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

the whole ****ing reason anyone wanted the auction house was for DOING SOMETHING with incomplete moar files….

ET, you really blew this one. Not a single person wants to sell, say, a tumorous heart. Everyone wants to sell redundant pink floyd parts and buy the ones they need.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Big Brother Posted:

the whole ****ing reason anyone wanted the auction house was for DOING SOMETHING with incomplete moar files….

ET, you really blew this one. Not a single person wants to sell, say, a tumorous heart. Everyone wants to sell redundant pink floyd parts and buy the ones they need.

An amiable p-
ersonage

Avatar: 97971 Thu Dec 18 12:48:23 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

It doesn’t sound like “K, you buy.” It has a long ‘o.’ Kyo is one syllable. idgi

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Big Brother Posted:

While I certainly wouldn’t make this point in as… aggressive a manner as you did, I must say that the reason I was excited for the auction house when I heard about it was “Hooray! I can finally complete some of these files I’m (n-1/n) on!” Unfortunately that’s not the way it worked out.

If we want to make certain things require a month of grinding to get (like pink floyd) would it really be a problem to mark pieces of certain .moar files untradeable, and let people trade pieces of other files?

Though honestly, as someone who spent a month grinding to get darkside, I wouldn’t mind at all if somebody else could get it by spending a bit of flezz.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

If we want to make certain things require a month of grinding to get (like pink floyd) would it really be a problem to mark pieces of certain .moar files untradeable, and let people trade pieces of other files?

The problem is that pieces don’t have rarity, files do. So marking just a few pieces untradeable doesn’t hurt anybody.

And I think that’s where the .moar files concept was blown. Files shouldn’t be rare, specific pieces should be. Then it’d be like CCGs and other collectible cards.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

MC Banhammer Posted:

The problem is that pieces don’t have rarity, files do. So marking just a few pieces untradeable doesn’t hurt anybody.

And I think that’s where the .moar files concept was blown. Files shouldn’t be rare, specific pieces should be. Then it’d be like CCGs and other collectible cards.

I was meaning more “files are such that every piece of the file is untradeable”. So if we don’t want people to be able to pick up darkside by getting the refuse from other players, we make it so no piece of the darkside file is tradeable. But certainly there’s no problem letting people buy pieces of other .moars that are less monumental to acquire.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

An amiable personage Posted:

It doesn’t sound like “K, you buy.” It has a long ‘o.’ Kyo is one syllable. idgi

That’s true, but most English-speaking readers will most likely read it that way anyway.

(That is, until you ruined it…ruiner.)

Andy_Dextruss

Avatar: 50228 Wed Apr 08 07:39:40 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 37 Troll

Orgasm changer who shoots rays through computer screens

I copypasta’d the blog info onto the wiki, couldn’t get the links to work though, someone should make it look all pretty and stuff.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

While I certainly wouldn’t make this point in as… aggressive a manner as you did, I must say that the reason I was excited for the auction house when I heard about it was “Hooray! I can finally complete some of these files I’m (n-1/n) on!” Unfortunately that’s not the way it worked out.

Though honestly, as someone who spent a month grinding to get darkside, I wouldn’t mind at all if somebody else could get it by spending a bit of flezz.

We all presumed it would be about trading .moars at first, but as ET already pointed out, we soon realized it would be far too complex to express such an interface.

But it would also remove the entire challenge to “collect ‘em all.” Of course, being able to buy a rare item outright removes the challenge too, but only for a limited number of players. Those who put in the effort can receive great rewards.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Big Brother Posted:

If you actually READ the blog post, you’d realize the auction house won’t be for tumorous kidneys. We’re adding tons of new rare items, both .MOAR and not-MOAR. Also, we’ll be feeding a steady supply of **** into the system with ItemBuildr. The idea is to have tons of fun stuff to trade back and forth.

As for saying I blew it — you can blow me. I already said I tried hard to make it work that way. Maybe you don’t believe me. If so, please offer suggestions of to make a non-confusing and elegant user interface for trading pieces. If you can’t offer any constructive criticism, shut the hell up.

Evil Trout edited this message on 01/07/2009 7:32PM

Andy_Dextruss

Avatar: 50228 Wed Apr 08 07:39:40 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 37 Troll

Orgasm changer who shoots rays through computer screens

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

We all presumed it would be about trading .moars at first, but as ET already pointed out, we soon realized it would be far too complex to express such an interface.

But it would also remove the entire challenge to “collect ‘em all.” Of course, being able to buy a rare item outright removes the challenge too, but only for a limited number of players. Those who put in the effort can receive great rewards.

Can you imagine the server space required to host all the auctions from 100,000+ users? It’d be astronomical, even with a 72 hour deadline.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Evil Trout Posted:

If you actually READ the blog post, you’d realize the auction house won’t be for tumorous kidneys. We’re adding tons of new rare items, both .MOAR and not-MOAR. Also, we’ll be feeding a steady supply of **** into the system with ItemBuildr. The idea is to have tons of fun stuff to trade back and forth.

As for saying I blew it — you can blow me. I already said I tried hard to make it work that way. Maybe you don’t believe me. If so, please offer suggestions of to make a non-confusing and elegant user interface for trading pieces. If you can’t offer any constructive criticism, shut the hell up.

Big Brother is into dragons. Remember that.

I think the auction house although economy ****ing will add some new life and a lot of endgame content in the game. How else were we to beat the endgame forums that strike more than we can heal?

Good addition.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Evil Trout Posted:

As for saying I blew it — you can blow me. ...snip. If you can’t offer any constructive criticism, shut the hell up.

Clbumic!

Evil Trout Posted:

I already said I tried hard to make it work that way. Maybe you don’t believe me. If so, please offer suggestions of to make a non-confusing and elegant user interface for trading pieces

Most auction sites have category’s to view. You could use this method to break things down first into moar files and non moar files, then locations, then actual files/items, then individual parts. Doesn’t a “filetree” structure seem easy to use?

Kyoubai
Items for Sale¬
      .moar files¬
          Music Files¬
            Mozart - Live at Wembley!.tune 
            Now That's What I Call Music! Volume#6028.tune 
            pink floyd - darkside full album (ttly syncs w/ wzrd of oz at 2:43 awesome!!!).hear 
                  etc.

click pink floyd

Kyoubai
Items for Sale¬
      .moar files¬
          Music Files¬
            pink floyd - darkside full album (ttly syncs w/ wzrd of oz at 2:43 awesome!!!).hear¬
 (bid now)      Part 1  (current bid $$4,000) (buyout price $$20,000) (auction ends in 2 minutes)
 (bid now)      part 3  (current bid $$4,000) (auction ends in 10 minutes)
 (bid now)      part 6  (current bid $$0) (auction ends in 1000 minutes)
                  etc.

Wylin edited this message on 01/07/2009 8:19PM

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

I Log in to see images! my new custom title.

Put in the dragons right now*!

*As a permanoob attack. “Spam click-games”

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Evil Trout Posted:

If you actually READ the blog post, you’d realize the auction house won’t be for tumorous kidneys.

The blog Posted:

You can select virtually any unequipped item from your inventory and put it up for auction.

Umm… Could you maybe clarify that blog comment then, boss? What does “virtually” cover?

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Wylin Posted:

Most auction sites have category’s to view. You could use this method to break things down first into moar files and non moar files, then locations, then actual files/items, then individual parts. Doesn’t a “filetree” structure seem easy to use?

Kyoubai
Items for Sale¬
      .moar files¬
          Music Files¬
            pink floyd - darkside full album (ttly syncs w/ wzrd of oz at 2:43 awesome!!!).hear¬
 (bid now)      Part 1  (current bid $$4,000) (buyout price $$20,000) (auction ends in 2 minutes)
 (bid now)      part 3  (current bid $$4,000) (auction ends in 10 minutes)
 (bid now)      part 6  (current bid $$0) (auction ends in 1000 minutes)
                  etc.

Actually yes. I should give more detail about the problem perhaps — searching for a piece is pretty easy. You could filter by name, then by piece. Or a filetree as you say.

The hard part is actually the selling interface.

Let’s say you have a bunch of extra moar files. Typically you have dozens of pieces you don’t want. So you go to the auction house. How do you unload them all?

Remember an auction has 4 fields -> minimum bid, reserve price, buy out price, length

So you’d have to fill out those fields for EACH piece you want to sell. And this is by file!

We came up with two ideas, neither of them popular. One was a tabular list, where it would list all your files, one piece per row, and all four fields to the side. Still, that’s tedious to use if you want to unload all your pieces.

The other was grouping pieces into auctions. But that means you end up buying all sorts of pieces you don’t want.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

MC Banhammer Posted:

Umm… Could you maybe clarify that blog comment then, boss? What does “virtually” cover?

Right now you can sell anything that isn’t a quest item.

You CAN sell a tumorous kidney. It’s just the auction house is not going to be very useful for items easily obtained in stores (unless you think you can get more for them than the ppwn shoppe would give you.)

It’s designed for trading rarer items and new bonus items.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Evil Trout Posted:

RIt’s just the auction house is not going to be very useful for items easily obtained in stores (unless you think you can get more for them than the ppwn shoppe would give you.)

Or if you haven’t bought episode 2 and don’t have access to those stores.

Or want the surgical procedures or books before you complete the quests which unlock those stores.

MC Banhammer edited this message on 01/07/2009 8:31PM

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Evil Trout Posted:

You CAN sell a tumorous kidney. It’s just the auction house is not going to be very useful for items easily obtained in stores (unless you think you can get more for them than the ppwn shoppe would give you.)

Could we make some   off episode 1 characters selling them episode 2 stuff for more than is in the regular episode stores but less than in the ppwn shop?

I’m thinking about the selling side of the interface and will get back to this thread after the domination round ends.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!