Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature REAL Wikipedia Entry for ForumWarz...?

AAHZ

Avatar: 4016 2013-08-02 05:07:06 -0400

[Forumwarz Active P-
layers
]

Level 69 Troll

SAGAMI -WUZ- HERE

a great idea?

discuss.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

You know, one was created briefly, and I was delighted about it, I was even going to post about it here.

It was of a decent length, had references to press articles to back up facts, etc.

Then later that night I saw it was deleted, due to clause A7:

Wikipedia Posted:

An article about a real person, organization (band, club, company, etc.), or web content that does not indicate why its subject is important or significant. This is distinct from questions of notability, verifiability and reliability of sources. A7 applies only to articles about web content or articles on people and organizations themselves, not articles on their books, albums, software and so on. Other article types are not eligible for deletion by this criterion. If controversial, as with schools, list the article at Articles for deletion instead.

So apparently a wikipedia article needs to indicate why it is important or significant, and the person

who created our original article didn’t do that Log in to see images!

Brooke Trout

[NoChocolate]

Level 6 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

Could just put in that the game relates to forum bashing which is a real world epidemic.

Vitafabulous person

[ZJEM CIE]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Evil Trout Posted:

You know, one was created briefly, and I was delighted about it, I was even going to post about it here.

It was of a decent length, had references to press articles to back up facts, etc.

Then later that night I saw it was deleted, due to clause A7:

So apparently a wikipedia article needs to indicate why it is important or significant, and the person

who created our original article didn’t do that Log in to see images!they consider it advertising otherwise and feel its not an appropriate use of their site.

This is why forumwarz should quickly create an in-game wikipedia-inspired forum.

AAHZ

[Forumwarz Active P-
layers
]

Level 69 Troll

SAGAMI -WUZ- HERE

Wikipedia Posted:

An article about a real person, organization (band, club, company, etc.), or web content that does not indicate why its subject is important or significant.

i am a staff member of another gaming site that exists on Wiki. Their claim to fame is the first site that truly covered the game in detail, as well as being mentioned by the makers of the game itself on their website. Despite having NO sources it still exists because of the backing of the designers of a worldwide and famous company.

here is the thing though… We arent a website about a game… We ARE the game. Im not sure what the original Wiki said that was deleted, but instead of saying we are just a game (or a parody or whatever,) we take it a step further and say we are the FIRST type of RPG to simulate real forum battles. This concept is not new either, as i was a member of a flamer/troll gang on Prodigy Communications ISP over 15 years ago whose sole purpose was to PWN and destroy other gangs. (Kept the same name for my current Klan.) In fact that was the sole reason anybody even used that ISP IIRC.

Point is with clever wording we can find an easy defense against the A7 Clause. I need to think more about this to give a more specific answer, but that is the best i can come up with at the moment with my short time and busy schedule today.

Kaz

Level 6 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

AAHZ Posted:

Point is with clever wording we can find an easy defense against the A7 Clause. I need to think more about this to give a more specific answer, but that is the best i can come up with at the moment with my short time and busy schedule today.

No. With unclever *sourcing*, you can easily *abide* by A7. I help maintain Wikipedia against articles that do not conform to policy and I do not see anything about ForumWarz that would make it notable. It takes third-party sources, like newspaper articles and book or journal references, to satisfy notability. First, show that ForumWarz is notable by the level required in the Wikipedia guidelines, then you will have an article.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Kaz Posted:

No. With unclever *sourcing*, you can easily *abide* by A7. I help maintain Wikipedia against articles that do not conform to policy and I do not see anything about ForumWarz that would make it notable. It takes third-party sources, like newspaper articles and book or journal references, to satisfy notability. First, show that ForumWarz is notable by the level required in the Wikipedia guidelines, then you will have an article.

What about our Digital Journal article? Is that not good enough?

And aren’t there hundreds of games that already have articles on Wikipedia that aren’t held to that standard?

DrScience

Level 30 Emo Kid

I LUST AFTER FAT CHICKS ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE REAL GIRLS HATE ME

You also got to keep in mind the content in the game. While I don’t know the other games in question, as this game points out before signing up, it can be offensive. My guess is that lots of Wiki editors could care less about the rule that resulted in Forumwarz deletion. However, there’s many out there that are offended by this game and don’t want it to have a Wiki article because of it’s offensiveness. However, being offended by an article isn’t enough to have it deleted from the non-censored Wikipedia, so those that normally could care less about the aforementioned rule pull it up now to get the article taken out. At least, that’s what I think happened.

fallingeastw-
ard

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Camwhore

I'M BETTER THAN EVIL TROUT AT HALO 3

DrScience Posted:

could care less

**** you i couldn’t even read the rest of your post after that Log in to see images!

Sneil

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I got the Wikipedia article back for you (ah, the power of being a Wikipedia admin) and pimped it up with references and stuff so it won’t get deleted so easily. This may or may not be a painfully obvious attempt to get free stuff for my lame level 5 character. Log in to see images!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forumwarz

Sneil edited this message on 02/25/2008 8:46AM

Crushes

[ fazed]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

fallingeastward Posted:

**** you i couldn’t even read the rest of your post after that Log in to see images!

=( why? he used it correctly Log in to see images!

VIVa-ChiCk

Level 14 Troll

aka FireFury

Sneil Posted:

I got the Wikipedia article back for you (ah, the power of being a Wikipedia admin) and pimped it up with references and stuff so it won’t get deleted so easily. This may or may not be a painfully obvious attempt to get free stuff for my lame level 5 character. Log in to see images!

Wikipedia… Admin… Whoa… .... ...

Ehm. HMM! Thanks ;DLog in to see images!

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Sneil Posted:

This is awesome, you completely solved our problem, and now we are represented on Wikipedia Log in to see images!

AAHZ

[Forumwarz Active P-
layers
]

Level 69 Troll

SAGAMI -WUZ- HERE

i am glad my thread helped spark this wonderful development…

also not to get to mushy, but i have been an internet user back when dial-up was “the thing,” and also i am a member of 4 other active forums…

and i can say with utmost confidence and honesty that this is the greatest website/forum idea i have ever seen. The interface is idiot-proof and the set up and moderation for a “hardcore” board is brilliant. Much respect to you, Evil Trout. Log in to see images!

VIVa-ChiCk

Level 14 Troll

aka FireFury

I just had a case of Deja-Vu on this thread…

Sneil

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I got some free turns and brownie points, so it was totally worth it. This game is like crack.

Laguna

Avatar: 49898 Sun Dec 28 00:52:49 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

I LOVE LAGUNA. I ALSO LOVE SUCKING FAT male reproductive organS.

Sneil Posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forumwar

Great job there man Log in to see images!

BirdReRe

Level 29 Permanoob

“Brain Dead”

Sneil Posted:

[...]

Posted On: 02/25/2008

Laguna Posted:

Great job there man Log in to see images!

Posted On: 11/29/2008

Woah, necrophilia!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!