Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Rant Pay to play = teh suckz

Ganymede

[Cunning Linguists]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

All right, I’m aware that it costs to run these games. A lot. But -forcing- cash out of people to access Episode 2? That makes you folks at Crotch Zombie official bumhats. You get money from the swarms of banner ads around here and you clearly get hundreds of donations monthly, if not weekly, judging by the people paying to stick their own ads on my screen. How about taking a page out of Jick’s book? He supports and grows KoL on store purchases and Mr. A donations, period. And guess what! People are happier to donate if the demand for money isn’t being shoved down their throats every second! What a concept. Or, you could turn into Runescape, which is enough of a pain in the bum to play with a paid account and truly revolting on a free one.

See, the problem with having pay-to-play and free content in the same game is that it divides players along the line of their disposable income. Brownie points? Not a bad idea. It’s good that there are restrictions on the godmode purchases. Creates balance in the competitive field and makes players responsible for for their own fate. But, when you take -huge- options away from players in a free game just because you can’t get blood out of a stone? Well, you’re certain to **** some people off. To thrive, you need to -attract- players, and that’s just not a good way to go about it.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

I am tired of these threads. If you don’t want to pay then don’t pay, just leave or enjoy what is free. End of story.

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

why is it always the kol players that get so whiny about this Log in to see images!

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

As if KoL doesn’t require money in order to be truly competitive.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Ganymede Posted:

To thrive, you need to -attract- players,...

I am attracted to Evil Trout.

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Ganymede Posted:

How about taking a page out of Jick’s book?

Um, How about you do and pay for episode two like he did?

Also, you don’t need episode 2 to keep playing, it’s just additional content.

BlankTH

Avatar: 26180 Wed Nov 19 19:43:39 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Is gay for looming

Stop posting stupid threads. They made it very clear why the were stealing money from us to play episode 2.

I’m mostly just bumhurt because my awesome thread didn’t get any replies though.

EDIT: Also request moving to whiny ****es department.

BlankTH edited this message on 11/17/2008 10:45PM

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Also, noone is forceing you to PAY, you can win a contest or two and WORK for the BP.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

*sigh* here we go yet again…

All right, I’m aware that it costs to run these games. A lot.

Good thing you acknowledge that.

But -forcing- cash out of people to access Episode 2? That makes you folks at Crotch Zombie official bumhats.

Why, because you can’t steal your mom’s credit card to pay TEN ****ING DOLLARS?

You get money from the swarms of banner ads around here and you clearly get hundreds of donations monthly, if not weekly, judging by the people paying to stick their own ads on my screen.

You can disable ads by either spending BPs or activating NoScript/AdBlock if you use Firefox. Boohoo, lots of money.

How about taking a page out of Jick’s book? He supports and grows KoL on store purchases and Mr. A donations, period. And guess what! People are happier to donate if the demand for money isn’t being shoved down their throats every second! What a concept.

You look like one of these people who are unhappy because not everything is free. Guess what, entertainment is not free.

Or, you could turn into Runescape, which is enough of a pain in the bum to play with a paid account and truly revolting on a free one.

10 dollars as a one-time fee is not a PITA, unless you’re, as I stated before, someone who has to steal their mom’s credit card to pay stuff.

See, the problem with having pay-to-play and free content in the same game is that it divides players along the line of their disposable income.

10 dollars. How can you NOT have 10 dollars? You’re using the internet. You have a computer on your house. You’re part of the Elite in the world. You SHOULD have 10 ****ing dollars.

Brownie points? Not a bad idea. It’s good that there are restrictions on the godmode purchases. Creates balance in the competitive field and makes players responsible for for their own fate.

Godmode purchases removes you from the competitive aspects of FW. CZ had enough donators without EP2. You’re one of the few you are still complaining about it.

But, when you take -huge- options away from players in a free game just because you can’t get blood out of a stone? Well, you’re certain to **** some people off.

Give them a good server to host FW and you won’t need to pay? You just whine like a ****ing **** but you don’t give any plausible solutions to the problem.

To thrive, you need to -attract- players, and that’s just not a good way to go about it.

I feel good to know I don’t need to endure cheap bumes like you.

TL;DR: good riddance.

Fran edited this message on 11/17/2008 10:48PM

You are 1 person out of 7 billion people on 1 planet out of 8 planets in 1 starsystem out of 100 billion starsystems. You are enormously insignificant.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

moving to whiney ****es. Don’t complain about paying for episode 2 FFS

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

I’m going to stop mid sentence because I just realized that forumwarz has become exactly what it started off parodying. A good number of the newer posters don’t see that we’re making fun of idiots and spammers and trolls that exist on other forums. They are the idiots and spammers and trolls we used to parody. I really can’t get past that right now but good work CZ I guess.

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/653647

BlankTH

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Is gay for looming

Fran Posted:

*sigh* here we go yet again…

All right, I’m aware that it costs to run these games. A lot.

Good thing you acknowledge that.

But -forcing- cash out of people to access Episode 2? That makes you folks at Crotch Zombie official bumhats.

Why, because you can’t steal your mom’s credit card to pay TEN ****ING DOLLARS?

You get money from the swarms of banner ads around here and you clearly get hundreds of donations monthly, if not weekly, judging by the people paying to stick their own ads on my screen.

You can disable ads by either spending BPs or activating NoScript/AdBlock if you use Firefox. Boohoo, lots of money.

How about taking a page out of Jick’s book? He supports and grows KoL on store purchases and Mr. A donations, period. And guess what! People are happier to donate if the demand for money isn’t being shoved down their throats every second! What a concept.

You look like one of these people who are unhappy because not everything is free. Guess what, entertainment is not free.

Or, you could turn into Runescape, which is enough of a pain in the bum to play with a paid account and truly revolting on a free one.

10 dollars as a one-time fee is not a PITA, unless you’re, as I stated before, someone who has to steal their mom’s credit card to pay stuff.

See, the problem with having pay-to-play and free content in the same game is that it divides players along the line of their disposable income.

10 dollars. How can you NOT have 10 dollars? You’re using the internet. You have a computer on your house. You’re part of the Elite in the world. You SHOULD have 10 ****ing dollars.

Brownie points? Not a bad idea. It’s good that there are restrictions on the godmode purchases. Creates balance in the competitive field and makes players responsible for for their own fate.

Godmode purchases removes you from the competitive aspects of FW. CZ had enough donators without EP2. You’re one of the few you are still complaining about it.

But, when you take -huge- options away from players in a free game just because you can’t get blood out of a stone? Well, you’re certain to **** some people off.

Give them a good server to host FW and you won’t need to pay? You just whine like a ****ing **** but you don’t give any plausible solutions to the problem.

To thrive, you need to -attract- players, and that’s just not a good way to go about it.

I feel good to know I don’t need to endure cheap bumes like you.

TL;DR: good riddance.

qft

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

What exactly is a “pita”?

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Pain in the bum.

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted. Log in to see images!

Vuron

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Crinkz Posted:

pain in the bum

Vuron

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

scullyangel Posted:

Pain in the bum.

strop it!

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

I bet he never comes back to even look at this. These games cost money to run.

I’ve never played KoL before but it seems like the players must be total whiney babies. Log in to see images!

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

Crinkz Posted:

delicious bread you eat with hummus Log in to see images!

BlankTH

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Is gay for looming

Crinkz Posted:

google ftw

Oliver Klosh-
off

Level 32 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Crinkz Posted:

A type of Mediterranean bread, commonly used in Gyros.

It’s pretty good with lamb, you should try it sometime.

كنت دائما اعتقد ان الاميركيين كلما نكتب شيئا في اللغة الأصلية ، كنت على الفور أعتقد أنه نوع من التهديد ضد بلدكم! عار عليكم جميع!

P-doggie

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Ganymede Posted:

How about taking a page out of Jick’s book?

How about not being a festering tumor on both games? Get a job you worthless ****.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!