Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 2 Why is my base offense at -10?

Captain Trek

Avatar: 74212 Thu Nov 20 21:40:04 -0500 2008

[The Original fabulous personies]

Level 26 Hacker

“1337”

Hello… I just noticed something very odd when I unequipped my various combat items in favour of luck and charisma boosting ones for the upcoming rollover and I noticed something very odd… my offense rating was at -4… I then unequipped all of my items (thinking maybe one had some secret offense nerfing quality I didn’t know about), only to discover that, to my horror, my offense rating dropped to -10!

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/CaptainTrek/Negativetenbase.png

Does anybody know why this might be? I have nine upgrade points in offense right now, so shouldn’t my base offense be 10, not negative ten? What’s going on here?

Captain Trek edited this message on 11/12/2008 6:38AM

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

This has happened to a few others in the past, file a bug report and someone will fix you as soon as the admins see it.

Captain Trek

Level 26 Hacker

“1337”

I see… Any idea as to why it happens?

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Captain Trek Posted:

I see… Any idea as to why it happens?

I’ll try to find another post about it that I remember but I don’t seem to have much luck searching.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Wylin Posted:

I’ll try to find another post about it that I remember but I don’t seem to have much luck searching.

Here is one but they didn’t really provide much info:

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/17218

tlLog in to see images!

Captain Trek

Level 26 Hacker

“1337”

Thanks Wylin… Oh, while you’re here, is it considered bad practise to let people know via Flamebate about something important taking place in the game that they might have missed (like say the Ppwn Shoppe actually selling something worth looking at for once)?

Captain Trek edited this message on 11/12/2008 7:33AM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

The odd stat bugs that have happened in the past have been due to removing items and hitting site lag at the same time. No idea if that is how your stat thing went wonky though.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Before you fix it, you are obligated to test to see what actually happens when you hit something.

For example, it’s possible that damage is handled as an unsigned int. That would mean that your damage would be orders of magnitude higher than any other person would ever be able to do.

Doooo eeeeet.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

Before you fix it, you are obligated to test to see what actually happens when you hit something.

Not true. Strop it.

—-

This happens what I would call “frequently” on hackers, but we have yet to find a way to reliably reproduce it in order to fix it. A bug report would notify ET to change your numbers, but it would be very helpful if you could let us know exactly what you had equipped, and what you changed into, so we could see if we can isolate the issue.

MC Banhammer edited this message on 11/12/2008 12:50PM

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

For non-hacker clbum characters I’m pretty sure the negative stats happens when the server barfs as you send it the equip or unequip message. It unequips instead of equips or unequips twice. At least, that’s my theory behind it. I don’t think it relates to anything other than a bad communication to the server.

I haven’t played with hacker stats at all so they might have a bug if they lose stats more frequently.

Captain Trek

Level 26 Hacker

“1337”

Great… Just, great… They still haven’t responded to my bug report (how long should I wait before I try sending another one, you know, in case the first one didn’t get through or whatever?) and the negative offense rating does indeed hurt my combat ability, making my 404 attack capable of doing less than 20 damage (I **** you not) when I remove all of my items…

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Captain Trek Posted:

Thanks Wylin… Oh, while you’re here, is it considered bad practise to let people know via Flamebate about something important taking place in the game that they might have missed (like say the Ppwn Shoppe actually selling something worth looking at for once)?

I always like to let people know, like I did for the sweet glbumes that were in the shop yesterday.

Any attack can go very low if you are attacking a forum 3 or more levels higher than you. Could that be the case with your 404 attack looking little?

Captain Trek

Level 26 Hacker

“1337”

No, no, no, I was attacking Fitness fabulous personry with all my items removed (so that my offense rating was -10), just to see what would happen and as it happened, it caused my 404 attack to do less than 20 damage, so the bug is having a tangible effect on gameplay, as right now, even when all my items are equipped my offense rating is still ten less than it should be, which translates into a lot of lost pwnage…

I’ll ask my question again, if I file a bug report and the problem is not resolved, how long should I wait before filing another one?

Captain Trek edited this message on 11/13/2008 8:36AM

Memex

[WeChall]

Level 41 Hacker

“Uber Macro”

I also had a similar problem, only that I had a negative value of processing power. I tried attacking denture chat to see what happens, but it only said I needed more processing power. However after 4 tries, it said to me that I already wasted 4 visits without actually attacking the forum. I am not smart enough to save a screenshot. I already filed a bug report, but I’m posting here in case ET looks.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Captain Trek Posted:

No, no, no, I was attacking Fitness fabulous personry with all my items removed (so that my offense rating was -10), just to see what would happen and as it happened, it caused my 404 attack to do less than 20 damage, so the bug is having a tangible effect on gameplay, as right now, even when all my items are equipped my offense rating is still ten less than it should be, which translates into a lot of lost pwnage…

I’ll ask my question again, if I file a bug report and the problem is not resolved, how long should I wait before filing another one?

I don’t find it unreasonable to do it at least once per day. Some might do it more, some might say it’s too much. The only official answer would have to come from an actual member of the crotch zombie team.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

MC Banhammer Posted:

it would be very helpful if you could let us know exactly what you had equipped, and what you changed into, so we could see if we can isolate the issue.

Also, filing a 2nd bug report won’t help. I’ll just mark it as dupe. Your original report is already in his High Priority queue.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Memex Posted:

I also had a similar problem, only that I had a negative value of processing power. I tried attacking denture chat to see what happens, but it only said I needed more processing power. However after 4 tries, it said to me that I already wasted 4 visits without actually attacking the forum. I am not smart enough to save a screenshot. I already filed a bug report, but I’m posting here in case ET looks.

Couldn’t you just pwn it with the free re-re attacks very slowly?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!