Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Interface Petition for Storm****er's idea

Zi

Avatar: 10822 Wed Dec 24 04:02:22 -0500 2008

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Storm****er Posted:

I don’t know if this has been suggested before, but I’m going to say it anyway.

Make it (please) so that checks appear after you’ve pwned a forum. This would make it easier for people to see which forums they have pwned in a row (checks should reset after a death in a forum, or chickening out, you get the basic idea, I hope).

Storm****er posted this in the suggestions, but I felt the need to put it out there so we can really make this happen.

I second this idea.

o___o

Avatar: 72850 Sun Nov 09 00:20:24 -0500 2008

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I don’t really see a negative to this idea, so I would agree as well.

AUNTIE-LUNG

Avatar: 70672 Fri Nov 07 09:28:28 -0500 2008

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 59 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

Or you could make yourself a spreadsheet with conditional formatting and work for you peens and scoops.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Signed.

Also, inb4 pointless ****ing for ****ing’s sake

Snow Crash Posted:

Or you could make yourself a spreadsheet with conditional formatting and work for you peens and scoops.

Oh, ****, I’m too late for the innb4. ;_;

Bridget

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Saind. W/ pour speling & gramer.

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

I agree with this thread.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

While this is a fine idea, I don’t think it is necessary for running a pistachio streak.

Truthfully, I just don’t get what is so hard about the whole thing. Pwn Denture Chat twice in a row to reset your streak. Then go to the highest level community forum and work your way down the list. When you finish those move on to the official forums avoiding Geronimo and the Church/Paranoid duplicates. Streak completed when you hit Denture. It is freaking impossible to “mess up” a streak done this way.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Convenience. You don’t need to burn a forum visit and wipe your current streak progress if the game marks which ones are in your streak.

Also, it would help in diagnosing some of the streak bugs.

Storm****er

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Weee, I’m famous Log in to see images!

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Storm****er Posted:

Weee, I’m famous Log in to see images!

Yes, you’re INTERNET FAMOUS.

Of course I think everybody knows that variants of this idea have been requested quite a bit lately, most likely because we now have some overlap between story and community forums.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

Convenience. You don’t need to burn a forum visit and wipe your current streak progress if the game marks which ones are in your streak.

Also, it would help in diagnosing some of the streak bugs.

Not to be mean, but I’ve yet to see a legitimate streak bug except for the ones where pistachio hadn’t been implemented for a new peen level. Everytime someone posts about a bug someone has to reply for them to post their forum history. They post it and it is instantly obvious that they duplicated a forum. That isn’t a bug, that is user error. Bug reports on streaks pretty much always come from people just plain old not understanding what they need to avoid because for some reason they think their computer should be psychic.

If you aren’t going to continuously loop the same forums in order, a physical action must be taken to designate a starting place for the streak and this starting place needs to clear old streaks and then be avoided for the rest of the new streak. The game needs this action to understand that a new streak has been started. Short of changing the coding on how streaks work, this will always be the case.

As described this “checklist” would be very different functionally than what those proposing it want it to be.

scully edited this message on 11/09/2008 4:20AM

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Actually, I’m talking about a recent thread where a person’s log showed that they were credited for pwning 4 forums in a row, which was almost immediately followed by getting credit for pwning 40 forums in a row. That’s something that a check list could help diagnose.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

Snow Crash Posted:

not everyone is that obsessed

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!