Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Forumwarz Domination

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Tonight we’ve launched Forumwarz Domination, our weekly meta-game. Players can compete against each other in a series of challenges built on top of the Forumwarz game.

If you want to learn how it works, we’ve produced an at great expense.

On top of that, the with a lot of information about the rules of the game. Feel free to update it as you see fit!

This is our first week running it, so you can expect some kinks and stuff. Please use this thread to ask any questions about it or discuss the game mechanics, strategies, etc. As always, if you find any bugs please use the report a bug tool in your header navigation.

Have Fun!

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

PUBICDAWG Posted:

I’ve noticed that the speedrun leaderboards don’t list time ratings for the forum builder forums, so it must be impossible to get Lemon Scoops by pwning them. Will the forum builder forums be capable of counting towards Pistachio and/or Vanilla scoops?

(I’m replying to this from the ForumBuildr thread)

Forums won’t qualify for speed runs right away, as I’ll need to see how long it’s taking people on average before I can set the levels. To celebrate the launch of domination though, I’ve set their levels based on the current data.

I’ve also adjusted the difficulty for almost all the existing speed runs.

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

Ummmm, I killed myself on a forum but didn’t get a scoop for it. Is that a glitch? I used Matryr instead of the pills.

HAIL SATIN

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

How are people getting chocolate scoops if the domination round just started? Wouldn’t they only get them on Sundays?

edit: nevermind, I get it now- it’s not for successful submissions, only for getting 5 votes, that actually makes more sense

HAIL SATIN edited this message on 01/16/2008 11:32PM

PUBICDAWG

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 36 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I haven’t been able to get any Lemon Scoops yet. (Edit: managed to get a good time scoop) Could connection speed be a factor? Is there a chance that the current speed standards for the forums discriminate against those with slower connections?

Vagitarian Posted:

Ummmm, I killed myself on a forum but didn’t get a scoop for it. Is that a glitch? I used Matryr instead of the pills.

According to the wiki, you have to commit suicide three times to get one scoop.

PUBICDAWG edited this message on 01/17/2008 12:48AM

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

PUBICDAWG Posted:

I haven’t been able to get any Lemon Scoops yet. (Edit: managed to get a good time scoop) Could connection speed be a factor? Is there a chance that the current speed standards for the forums discriminate against those with slower connections?

Connection speed is probably a factor, although not only a modest amount of data is sent back and forth once a battle actually starts. At the end of the week I’ll look at how many people were able to earn Lemon scoops, and adjust the times accordingly. The idea is they shouldn’t be trivial to get, but they should be attainable for anyone who bothers to learn the keyboard shortcuts Log in to see images!

Mr Interweb

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

Are chocolate scoops not retroactive for this forumbuldr round? Because I have several ideas that have plenty of votes with no scoops.

HAIL SATIN

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

I am pretty sure nothing at all is retroactive.

Evil Trout Posted:

The idea is they shouldn’t be trivial to get, but they should be attainable for anyone who bothers to learn the keyboard shortcuts Log in to see images!

yeah in fact you can guarantee yourself at least one (which I imagine is the point) by exclusively using the keyboard, it made me actually put my HP restorers and what have you back on it.

HAIL SATIN edited this message on 01/17/2008 1:01PM

captainconsp-
iracy

Level 3 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

I was going to say, tldr, but then I did read it.

I’ll be on the look out for scoops, I guess. The rules are a touch confusing for a quick gloss over read.

captainconspiracy edited this message on 01/17/2008 2:55PM

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

captainconspiracy Posted:

I was going to say, tldr, but then I did read it.

I’ll be on the look out for scoops, I guess. The rules are a touch confusing for a quick gloss over read.

It is a bit complex, I’d say as much as most board games. However, I think if you take the time to learn the rules it can be quite rewarding Log in to see images!

As a level 3, acquiring many of the scoops will be difficult — the main ones within your reach are the chocolate scoops. However, if you can acquire those well, you can buy cards to screw over other players and maybe win a trophy or two.

At the end of this week’s round, trophies will be displayed next to characters who won them when they post.

f

Level 22 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

ok this is cool

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Just thought I’d let you know that you did a real fine job with the illustrated tutorial. Other aspects, too, but I wanted to highlight this one.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

n00b65 Posted:

Just thought I’d let you know that you did a real fine job with the illustrated tutorial. Other aspects, too, but I wanted to highlight this one.

Thanks. Jalapeno berrated me for using a font that didn’t have apostrophes (and that used quotes instead.) I’m putting out a fixed version in a few minutes.

HAIL SATIN

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

I like the fact that it’s ****ing terrible looking

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

HAIL SATIN Posted:

I like the fact that it’s ****ing terrible looking

Very intentional! Log in to see images!

Lady Banhamm-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Gunther, you’re the one my mama loves but daddy wont

One thing I, an alt, noticed, is that as an alt, it’s really, really hard to get a chocolate scoop — as all my contributions are credited to my primary alt. Are we by any chance grouped by altedness?

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Barely Legal Posted:

One thing I, an alt, noticed, is that as an alt, it’s really, really hard to get a chocolate scoop — as all my contributions are credited to my primary alt. Are we by any chance grouped by altedness?

That’s odd — each contribution should be creditted to the user you created the contribution with.

Having said that, you are grouped together for voting, in other words you can’t use an alt to vote up your own contributions. That’s put in as a mechanism to prevent people from buying up their own votes.

Madacaek

[Fried Chikunz]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I would like to chime in and say that I love this. I’m going to farm me some scoops like crazy.

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Tubmail me a picture of your male reproductive organ, and I'll send you several pics of my naked body from every angle.

I’m gonna win. I am determined to win.

Lady Banhamm-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Gunther, you’re the one my mama loves but daddy wont

Evil Trout Posted:

each contribution should be creditted to the user you created the contribution with.

Oh, I see. I apparently never submitted anything as me. I tried it to test it out, and I can tell that they are indeed different. So never mind.

It’s just another layer of strategy: under which alt do you make your submissions?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!