Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Web Games Does level affect power?

momentumener-
gy

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

This is as very special as it sounds.

scenario: I was pwning Wiccapedia, gained a level, re pwned Wiccapedia.

The second time around I noticed that my attacks about 20-30% more effective. I didn’t change any equipment or upgraded offence (only ego). So pure level matters when pwning forums?

momentumenergy edited this message on 10/29/2008 9:37PM

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

Frigid Damsel Posted:

This is as very special as it sounds.

scenario: I was pwning Wiccapedia, gained a level, re pwned Wiccapedia.

The second time around I noticed that my attacks about 20-30% more effective. I didn’t change any equipment or upgraded offence (only ego). So pure level matters when pwning forums?

Yes, there’s a damage penalty for taking on forums with a level above yours.

SG94 edited this message on 10/29/2008 9:39PM

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

You get a penalty for attacking forums too far above your level, you may have seen that, and seen it going away?

momentumener-
gy

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

This sucks I think

Healbot

Avatar: 25938 Wed Oct 22 16:28:36 -0400 2008

[The Protected]

Level 49 Troll

“Complete Dipshit”

If you’re taking on forums with difficulties 1-2 levels higher than your character you receive a 25% damage penalty. After that, I don’t know exactly, but at around a 5 level difference you deal a whopping 10%.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Does it work the other way around, so that you gain a damage bonus for lower level forums?

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Acid Flux Posted:

Does it work the other way around, so that you gain a damage bonus for lower level forums?

nope

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Inertia Posted:

nope

Figgers.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Acid Flux Posted:

no… but why would you need to, really?

once you’re a few levels above the forum, you can usually speed it pretty damn easy, if not one-shot it. for instance, I don’t need a damage bonus to pwn denture (or lots of other lower forums) when my attacks deal well over 1000 damage without a bonus

Storm****er

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

It’s kind of stupid that it does actually affect power. If you take on a forum you should be able to deal the damage you are MEANT to deal. Simple fairness. And I don’t care about the fact that low levels could easily get more forums in a row because after all that means they would have to invest in consumables; thus, it all balances out…

Healbot

Avatar: 25938 Wed Oct 22 16:28:36 -0400 2008

[The Protected]

Level 49 Troll

“Complete Dipshit”

Storm****er Posted:

It’s kind of stupid that it does actually affect power. If you take on a forum you should be able to deal the damage you are MEANT to deal. Simple fairness. And I don’t care about the fact that low levels could easily get more forums in a row because after all that means they would have to invest in consumables; thus, it all balances out…

Why are you, a Troll, complaining about lower attack power on higher level forums?

Storm****er

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Because I WANT JUSTICE!

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

spacekadt Posted:

no… but why would you need to, really?

once you’re a few levels above the forum, you can usually speed it pretty damn easy, if not one-shot it. for instance, I don’t need a damage bonus to pwn denture (or lots of other lower forums) when my attacks deal well over 1000 damage without a bonus

That’s true, I was simply wondering if it was a issue of level to level difference giving an adjustment, or if it was simply a penalty for striving beyond your level.

I disagree with this attack penalty based upon level. My current character is strong enough it stats to challenge forums above his level, and the only thing holding me back is the artificially bumigned penalty. I’ve already purchased or received every item that he could possibly need (Tumorous Kidney, Controlled Brain Injury, the Ann Coulter book, PruneServ, Tinted Sunglbumes), and it takes forever for a same-level forum to actually hurt me. On most same-level forums, I don’t need to use any consumables at all.

What is the reason behind the penalty anyways? Simply to artificially slowdown progression?
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!