Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant Bracket Discussion

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

So.. with all this in mind. Here are the options as I see them:

– Do nothing, what’s the worst that can happen? You all get more alts to compete with each other.. downside? Log in to see images!

– Ensure each persons alt is in a different bracket than the other. The issue is (and we’ve seen this before) if you have 10 alts, you’ll have one in the top 10 brackets, and chances are, you’ll end up in an inactive bracket getting all the medals, that’s why we now allow alts in the same bracket!!

– Only allow X alts to participate in Domination (X = 2??). I hate limits like this and would rather avoid a hard cap.

– You choose how you’re going to participate during a given week, solo domination or klan.. klans are split off into their own bracket, all scoops are aggregate, all medals are shared.

– Brackets are formed not JUST on # medals, but rather a domination score made up of things like # medals total, # medals earned last week, # scoops total last week, # scoops earned last week, # cards purchased, # cards used, etc

Thoughts?

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

– Do nothing, what’s the worst that can happen? You all get more alts to compete with each other.. downside?

The worst that can happen simply is that those without the money to buy dozens of alts or the time to play them have almost no chance to win in the higher brackets. It’s as simple as that. At the moment most top players have already more than a dozen alts and if you do nothing the arms race will continue.

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

– Ensure each persons alt is in a different bracket than the other. The issue is (and we’ve seen this before) if you have 10 alts, you’

ll have one in the top 10 brackets, and chances are, you’ll end up in an inactive bracket getting all the medals, that’s why we now allow alts in the same

bracket!!

First: fix those empty brackets. Seriously. Second: limit the amount of alts per bracket at least to 2. That’s still a big advantage but at least not ridiculously big.

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

– Only allow X alts to participate in Domination (X = 2??). I hate limits like this and would rather avoid a hard cap.

Not a perfect solution but a certain maximum would be good, though 2 is way to low. Like you can only play dom with 6 or 10 alts/week and can have only two in the same bracket. If you have more alts you can still use them as pushers. Not a perfect solution but better than the status quo.

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

– You choose how you’re going to participate during a given week, solo domination or klan.. klans are split off into their own bracket,

all scoops are aggregate, all medals are shared.

I don’t see how this could work. There aren’t enough dom klans and players of a smaller dom klan without much chances to win would just play solo domination.

In the end there would probably be just one very big dom klan and the members of this klan would get their medals week after week. Doesn’t sound like a good idea.

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

– Brackets are formed not JUST on # medals, but rather a domination score made up of things like # medals total, # medals earned last

week, # scoops total last week, # scoops earned last week, # cards purchased, # cards used, etc

Hm, this would probably result in good players trying to medal without earning a lot of scoops so that they get medals and still don’t get into the highest brackets. Interesting and it would punish klan raiders while it makes last minute solo runs even more powerful.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

– Do nothing, what’s the worst that can happen? You all get more alts to compete with each other.. downside?

The worst that can happen simply is that those without the money to buy dozens of alts or the time to play them have almost no chance to win in the higher brackets. It’s as simple as that. At the moment most top players have already more than a dozen alts and if you do nothing the arms race will continue.

This seems to ruin the top bracket for the most active players. I’d rather reward the devoted Domination players, not hurt them. As such, I don’t really think this is an option long term.

– Ensure each persons alt is in a different bracket than the other. The issue is (and we’ve seen this before) if you have 10 alts, you’ll have one in the top 10 brackets, and chances are, you’ll end up in an inactive bracket getting all the medals, that’s why we now allow alts in the same bracket!!

First: fix those empty brackets. Seriously. Second: limit the amount of alts per bracket at least to 2. That’s still a big advantage but at least not ridiculously big.

You’re missing the issue.. with enough alts, there aren’t enough active brackets to make this fair. If I have 20 alts, and I end up with 2 in every of the 10 brackets the 10th bracket (bumuming it’s inactive) will be an easy win for 4 medals to whichever alt is in there. So saying “fix empty brackets” doesn’t really help.

Not a perfect solution but a certain maximum would be good, though 2 is way to low. Like you can only play dom with 6 or 10 alts/week and can have only two in the same bracket. If you have more alts you can still use them as pushers. Not a perfect solution but better than the status quo.

Maybe this option will work then…

– You choose how you’re going to participate during a given week, solo domination or klan.. klans are split off into their own bracket, all scoops are aggregate, all medals are shared.

I don’t see how this could work. There aren’t enough dom klans and players of a smaller dom klan without much chances to win would just play solo domination.

In the end there would probably be just one very big dom klan and the members of this klan would get their medals week after week. Doesn’t sound like a good idea.

You’re probably right.. maybe we could impose a klan size.. 10 max per klan.. first come, first served.. the other klannies would be in the solo brackets. That could work and would make things VERY interesting IMO.

– Brackets are formed not JUST on # medals, but rather a domination score made up of things like # medals total, # medals earned last week, # scoops total last week, # scoops earned last week, # cards purchased, # cards used, etc

Hm, this would probably result in good players trying to medal without earning a lot of scoops so that they get medals and still don’t get into the highest brackets. Interesting and it would punish klan raiders while it makes last minute solo runs even more powerful.

With this strategy you might still get alts in the same bracket.. it’ll basically put the most active members together week after week.. bracket size limits would be good too.

The point is there may not be a perfect solution but something is required. And it needs to work in a formulaic way for all brackets. We can’t eyeball the brackets every week, so there needs to be a consistent manner that we divide brackets. Capish? So, ideas?

B2015

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

I think limiting the number of alts in the same bracket is ok. But how about charging a fee for each additional alts in the bracket? Not in BP, but in scoops. Like 50 scoops for the first alt, 100 for the second, and so on. So that more alts will only give a slight advantage.

I think this is good for good players in the bottom brackets to get out of that mess, but as a consequence good active players in the top brackets will have a harder fight even though they haven’t won many medals yet. That’s a bit unfair. How about giving some kind of bonus (more medals or extra Flezz) for the top brackets?

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

- Brackets are formed not JUST on # medals, but rather a domination score made up of things like # medals total, # medals earned last week, # scoops total last week, # scoops earned last week, # cards purchased, # cards used, etc

Isn’t this sort of how it works now?

Is there a way to separate klan raiding from the klans? Have like a Domination Team where you can raid as a klan does now, but without being in a or the same klan. I think klan raiding to be at least a partial solution, but there seems to be difficulty in finding people that can or want to raid at the same time as you.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

You’re missing the issue.. with enough alts, there aren’t enough active brackets to make this fair. If I have 20 alts, and I end up with 2 in every of the 10 brackets the 10th bracket (bumuming it’s inactive) will be an easy win for 4 medals to whichever alt is in there. So saying “fix empty brackets” doesn’t really help.

You’re missing the issue. It’s much easier to bring a lot of alts into the highest brackets when there are those empty ones, they almost guarantee that a dedicated player sweeps them. It’s most of the time not very difficult for a good dom player to medal in the mid-level brackets, but it’s not easy to do so if you are at the same time playing in half a dozen other brackets.

If you have alts in empty brackets you can build up your scoops early and don’t have to worry about them in the last decisive hour. In the mid-level bracket are fewer players active, but if they are as big or better somewhat bigger than the highest brackets there’s still enough competition so that you have to fight for your medals. If there is competition, even from not-so-good players they will probably beat you if you aren’t active, and even the best players can’t play his cards in the last minutes in 6, 8 or 10 brackets at the same time.

In the last season it was a good tactic to get only 1-3 medals with a new alt in the lowest brackets and then with a bit luck 4 in the next week et voila: a new alt in the higher brackets. So again: Please fix the empty brackets. Log in to see images!

­

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

You’re probably right.. maybe we could impose a klan size.. 10 max per klan.. first come, first served.. the other klannies would be in the solo brackets. That could work and would make things VERY interesting IMO.

I’m not sure how this would work out. I guees the other klannies could still join the raid and get scoops for the solo brackets? But why separate solo and klan brackets then in the first place? Brackets for klans would only be interesting if there are enough klans to have competition but why would a klan of not so experienced players join if they have better chances to medal in the solo brackets with the advantage that raid-vanilla gives?

Also this would punish big klans with a lot of newbies and reward small groups of experienced players, especially small groups with a lot of alts if nothing is done about it. Is that really your intention?

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

I think limiting the number of alts in the same bracket is ok. But how about charging a fee for each additional alts in the bracket? Not in BP, but in scoops. Like 50 scoops for the first alt, 100 for the second, and so on. So that more alts will only give a slight advantage.

This could work actually. I kinda like the idea.

I think this is good for good players in the bottom brackets to get out of that mess, but as a consequence good active players in the top brackets will have a harder fight even though they haven’t won many medals yet. That’s a bit unfair. How about giving some kind of bonus (more medals or extra Flezz) for the top brackets?

This would only affect players every second week. If you get into the top bracket cause you won a low level bracket, it’s highly unlikely that you’d win again, so you’d probably drop back down the following week. Then again, this could also be exploitable by just participating every two weeks where you’d be dropped to a low level bracket and would be able to get all the medals (but if everyone was doing it, you’d be in the same low level bracket as all the other participating members that do it) Log in to see images!

B2015

BINGEBOT 2015 edited this message on 10/20/2008 11:25AM

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

- Brackets are formed not JUST on # medals, but rather a domination score made up of things like # medals total, # medals earned last week, # scoops total last week, # scoops earned last week, # cards purchased, # cards used, etc

Isn’t this sort of how it works now?

Sort of, yes. Right now it’s ONLY based on the number of medals you have. If it was based on other things you could move around week to week based on how much you participated in the previous week.

Is there a way to separate klan raiding from the klans? Have like a Domination Team where you can raid as a klan does now, but without being in a or the same klan. I think klan raiding to be at least a partial solution, but there seems to be difficulty in finding people that can or want to raid at the same time as you.

I’m not really following you on this. The reward in raiding exists because raiding is hard and requires coordination.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

You’re missing the issue.. with enough alts, there aren’t enough active brackets to make this fair.

You’re missing the issue. It’s much easier to bring a lot of alts into the highest brackets when there are those empty ones, they almost guarantee that a dedicated player sweeps them. It’s most of the time not very difficult for a good dom player to medal in the mid-level brackets, but it’s not easy to do so if you are at the same time playing in half a dozen other brackets.

If you have alts in empty brackets you can build up your scoops early and don’t have to worry about them in the last decisive hour. In the mid-level bracket are fewer players active, but if they are as big or better somewhat bigger than the highest brackets there’s still enough competition so that you have to fight for your medals. If there is competition, even from not-so-good players they will probably beat you if you aren’t active, and even the best players can’t play his cards in the last minutes in 6, 8 or 10 brackets at the same time.

In the last season it was a good tactic to get only 1-3 medals with a new alt in the lowest brackets and then with a bit luck 4 in the next week et voila: a new alt in the higher brackets. So again: Please fix the empty brackets. Log in to see images!

­

You’re missing the issue. Agreed with all your points, but if you restrict the number of alts per bracket by any means, if you have enough alts you will eventually get pushed into a medium/low activity bracket and get 4 medals that week. What I’m saying is ALL brackets need to be more active, if they are not then pushing alts out of the top bracket will always put them into lower brackets where they can get tons of medals.

If we were to say.. only have “Most Scoops” in the bottom Domination brackets and add all the other medal goals to the top 10 brackets (or something). That would allow for anyone in the top 10 brackets access to all medals, while anyone lower than the top 10 brackets would be in the “training grounds” where you could typically only get 1 medal a week. I don’t like how 1 character can get all 4 medals now. Also, this would discourage people to drop out of the top 10 brackets cause you couldn’t get as many medals.

So if we did the above, in conjunction with brackets determined based on week-to-week activity your suggestion of dropping down to get 4 medals would no longer work. Only the top X active groups have access to all medal goals.

Conversely, the number of goals could be relative to the number of scoops in a bracket (and would change as the week goes on based on total scoops). 0-50 (Most Scoops), 51-100 (Most Scoops, Lowest Unique Minimum), 101-150 (Most Scoops, Lowest Unique Min, Highest Min Scoops), 151-200 (Most Scoops, Lowest Unique Minimum, Highest Min Scoops, Fibonacci Sequence), etc, etc..

I’m not sure how this would work out. I guees the other klannies could still join the raid and get scoops for the solo brackets? But why separate solo and klan brackets then in the first place? Brackets for klans would only be interesting if there are enough klans to have competition but why would a klan of not so experienced players join if they have better chances to medal in the solo brackets with the advantage that raid-vanilla gives?

Also this would punish big klans with a lot of newbies and reward small groups of experienced players, especially small groups with a lot of alts if nothing is done about it. Is that really your intention?

Yeah agreed again.. so maybe this isn’t a viable option. Perhaps solo and dom vanilla cannot be separated.. at the very least we should have a scoreboard to see how the klans are doing overall, even if they aren’t separated.. MAYBE it could average the # scoops of each type based on ALL members of the klan..??

B2015

BINGEBOT 2015 edited this message on 10/20/2008 11:45AM

Adeptus

Avatar: 11389 Thu Oct 16 15:20:36 -0400 2008

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Surely there’s just not enough raiding klans at the moment to make this viable? Unless you only have a couple of separate “klan brackets” and everyone gets shoved in there. Frankly I’d rather be in a solo bracket in that case…

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Then again, this could also be exploitable by just participating every two weeks where you’d be dropped to a low level bracket and would be able to get all the medals

Quite a lot of people do this anyway, cos it’s possible to save up an extra 12 visits from the week before on your second week. It’s actually a very good strategy if you’re not getting klan vanilla, so not really an exploit, as such. If I ended up in the top bracket last season, I used to just grind praypal for a week.

*Edit* Thread moved fast.

Adeptus edited this message on 10/20/2008 11:51AM

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Surely there’s just not enough raiding klans at the moment to make this viable? Unless you only have a couple of separate “klan brackets” and everyone gets shoved in there. Frankly I’d rather be in a solo bracket in that case…

Yeah for now I think this is more out of interest.. week over week, see how the Klans perform.. For now it wouldn’t make sense to offer medals as a result. As I said a few posts ago, this probably won’t solve anything Log in to see images!

Then again, this could also be exploitable by just participating every two weeks where you’d be dropped to a low level bracket and would be able to get all the medals

Quite a lot of people do this anyway, cos it’s possible to save up an extra 12 visits from the week before on your second week. It’s actually a very good strategy if you’re not getting klan vanilla, so not really an exploit, as such. If I ended up in the top bracket last season, I used to just grind praypal for a week.

Yeah fair enough.. on further reflection I like my idea best about having the number of goals available be relative to the number of scoops earned in a bracket… That way, the more active a bracket, the more medals there are.. and you can’t drop down to inactive brackets to get tons of easy medals.

Also we should probably rank people based on their activity from the previous week as well.. this would be heavily weighted based on the number of medals you have.. so you couldn’t just drop off for 1 week then end up in the 20th bracket.. you’d end up in the 2nd or 3rd..

Hopefully simplifying the goals of the game will get more people interested cause they won’t be overwhelmed by the learning curve.

Done and done. That’s what we’re doing. Log in to see images!

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

I’ve cleaned up the options we’ve been talking about and put them into an official thread.

Fiasco

Avatar: 46971 Thu Oct 16 00:30:33 -0400 2008

[Flogging a Dead Ho-
rse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

OK I’m late to the party on this one but I want to go back to Fran’s original complaint. I had 4 alts in the bracket but I did not do anything with them until after Fran Klan raided then I used them only to destroy her 300+ scoops. I won no medals and neither did Scully so where did we gain great advantage by having multiple alts? The advantage was that we had enough fire power to bring the raiders back down to earth so the solo players could compete.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!