Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Would it be fair...

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

To give more voting power to someone who’s forum idea is chosen? Wait, hear me out on this.

Their forum idea is chosen. This pretty much means they had a good idea, so they at least know a little bit of how to write good entries. I would bumume they could also judge good entries as well. And since it is their “baby” I don’t think they’d want to downvote everything.

Now I’m not saying they should have their 1 votes equal a 5. That’s a bit much. Perhaps have their votes count as +2. That’s just 1 extra point power.

Sure I know it’s not really fixing anything that ain’t broken but it’s just a suggestion and no harm in that.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Balloon Posted:

Their forum idea is chosen. This pretty much means they had a good idea

No.

There’s a lot of good writers without Forum ideas chosen, there’s a lot of bad writers with Forum ideas chosen. Just because your idea was chosen, doesn’t mean you’re a good writer. See: Faux News.

A single point increase on his voting value means he has double the power your vote would have, and we don’t need any more stagnation on Forumbuildr as it is.

Fran edited this message on 09/26/2008 7:25PM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Ummm, the math on this would be a very bad idea. With a lot of things winning without a huge number of votes and double vote could do a lot of damage downvoting.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

no way jose!!

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Double votes would be overpowerful, but giving the player X extra ‘free votes’ would be OK IMO (scaling on the number of submissions?) especially combined with the other suggestion for the forum idea submitter to include examples of enemies/typical threads/etc, which would hopefully result in better submissions, and therefore players with a greater interest in further good submissions.

The idea here in principle I think is a good one, and the only objections are based on, ‘well, the forum ideas are bad too often and we don’t trust people who win with bad ideas’

I think what we *actually* need for the forumbuildr process to work, is for someone to have editorial overview, who we know is good at their job. The mbumes are too predictable, but in the wrong way.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 09/27/2008 5:38AM

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Well there’s a difference between doubling votes and having double the power. If I submission had 3 votes and the person who created it (only the forum itself. NOT the people who designed enemies, threads, logos, typical post, angry replies, or styles) would just push it up to 5. Not a real big change IMO. After it’s published their power is back to 1.

But Fran already answered this. I got the point, nothing else was needed.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

I think what we *actually* need for the forumbuildr process to work, is for someone to have editorial overview, who we know is good at their job. The mbumes are too predictable, but in the wrong way.

An editorial board sounds like an idea worth considering. The problem that jumps to my mind is “what if they feel there aren’t enough good subs to build a new forum?”

However, if that were somehow addressed, it could be a really useful procedure.

I want to say it would be fun to have that like a jury duty where you click an option in your profile to be a part of the forumbuilder jury selection, but that probably would be a total gongshow where people don’t show up and miss deadlines and terrible things happen.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!