Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Interface Suggestion: Ignore feature

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I HATE NIGS Posted:

Wrong.

Ignoring should be a feature in any community where there aren’t enough admins to promptly address harbumment.

Other than that, ignoring is for ****es xD

Harbumment isn’t the only reason to have an ignore feature. In an online community people should have the ability to ignore other users simply because they find them “bleeping annoying” otherwise fail based on subjective criteria. Online communities are not made better places by forcing people to deal with other people that annoy them, even if the annoying folks are not in violation of any policies that admins would be concerned with. This also has the fringe benefit of letting moderators and admins not worry about cases of harbumment that are borderline, since the harbumed person always has the recourse of ignoring the offending party. If the harbumer takes additional steps to continue after being ignored, then the situation is clearly not borderline anymore and the admin’s job is easy.

Anyway, if I ignore poster x because he/she/it/they just annoys the hell out of me (without actually breaking any rules), and Evil Trout make money off of this, then everybody is happy except for possibly poster x, and 2>1 anyway. bumumed low-grade utilitarianism says this is a good idea, anyway.

I do, however, think it would be reasonable to make ignoring a user not work in RP forums, since this is a game about bumholes on the internet, and the whole roleplaying aspect of may not work if people can just elect to avoid bumholes on the internet. Avoid them through means other than “not going to that part of the forums”, that is.

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 10/29/2008 9:40PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!