Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Contest Contest that mixes things up a little bit.

Big Boys Do -
Cry

Level 38 Emo Kid

lol mancards

Ok, I need 1 more BP so I can play as a different character legitly so in order to receive that because I’m too impatient for other contests I have entered, nor do I have the funds to actually buy it myself, I have decided to see if this kind of contest would work here.

The rules are simple, if you have a spare BP sitting around then you are free to enter but do not send it to me unless you have been selected.

Now how do I get selected? you might ask. Simple, submit lyrics that you have written that you would like to hear in the recorded form.

Now wait, I’m confused, I’m sending YOU a BP? Yes, if I select your lyrics then you are the winner of this contest and for 1BP I will record your song for you.

But wait, what if I don’t like the song? Well, in order to avoid that I’m going to list here the genres I am best at recording and you can choose with your submission

Thrash Metal

Prog Metal

Acoustic Ballads

Acoustic Campfire songs

Synth Goth

Industrial

Straight up Rock

80s Power Rock (Though don’t expect much on Solos)

Please also specify if you want the song to be fast, moderate or slow.

Edit: I may do multiple rounds for this but that I wouldn’t use old submissions for each round, you’ll have to put in the effort and re-submit your lyrics or submit new ones, if it’s successful I may do this as kind of a “Will Rock for EP2” type deal.

Big Boys Do Cry edited this message on 09/04/2008 12:50PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

MC Banhammer Posted:

A Contest is only a Contest if you are not getting anything of value (i.e., BP) for it. The reward for hosting a successful contest is the ePeen, as well as any side benefits (such as upping your Flamebate score, your Popularity score, etc.). If you want to host an event where you as well as someone else get BP, take it to either Ayn Rands or the role-playing forums.

MC Banhammer edited this message on 09/04/2008 10:26AM

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I agree that this doesn’t really count as a contest, but it is pretty cool. Big Brother, take note: this is a good way to whore out for BP.

I’d enter myself, but I have to hold onto all my BP for now so I can pay for the pre-order when it comes out.

Orb edited this message on 09/04/2008 11:22AM

Big Boys Do -
Cry

Level 38 Emo Kid

lol mancards

It doesn’t matter where it is, it’s a cool project, it came up in other forums all the time where people would put up their lyrics then me and a few other musical posters would throw together a track, they’re really fun and I did about 6 really cool songs that came out of them.

Big Boys Do -
Cry

Level 38 Emo Kid

lol mancards

I dunno how I triple posted but there’s nothing to see here.

Big Boys Do Cry edited this message on 09/06/2008 3:03AM

Big Boys Do -
Cry

Level 38 Emo Kid

lol mancards

Due to Lack of interest so far, probably because you all think I’m some sort of hack, I have samples of songs that came together with other threads of this nature. Here are some examples

Eyesocket Sex

Click here to listen!

The Cutest Song on Earth

Click here to listen!

and a personal favorite

The Wedding Song

Click here to listen!

iRAWR

Avatar: 49692 Wed Nov 05 00:16:18 -0500 2008

Level 10 Emo Kid

NEW CEO OF FORUMWARZ INC.

this is p cool

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!