Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Writing Suggestion to increase Forumbuildr participation: put a limit on the number of submissions

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

As forumbuildr scores of the elite kiddos are rising, the amount of submissions they can put in completely dwarfs that of a new player: right now there’s a 40 vs. 7 difference, and it will likely only increase in the future. Pretty off-putting to new players: to compete they’ll probably need to raise their scores for months before they have a chance to get the most submissions in for enemies, thread titles or typical posts.

My suggestion would be to put up a more attainable cap on submissions, just like we have a level cap that is relatively low. The exact number is largely immaterial and I’m no FB expert but I’ll toss up a figure of say 20? That takes a score of 13, which is really enough proof that one is able to put in reasonably successful submissions.

Mind you, I’m NOT talking about a limit on FB SCORE. That would still remain, only it would only be cosmetic after you reach the cap, much like excess cred. So we would still have the leaderboard functioning exactly as it does now.

Discuss.

DEAD fabulous person

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

bump

DEAD FAGGOT edited this message on 07/29/2008 6:02PM

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

thats less fun. otherwise i have no opinion on it one way or another.

Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 07/29/2008 5:54PM

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

sure

DEAD fabulous person

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

thats less fun. otherwise i have no opinion on it one way or another.

You don’t even use all your submissions, right? Do you think anyone would be seriously handicapped by having their subs limited to 20? Do you think it’s a good idea to just let scores rise and do nothing until new players are facing chances of 100 vs. 7? 200? Seriously, I can’t think of a good reason NOT to have some limit on it.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

i think a cap of around 25 would be fine. 40 is certainly way too much to actually use.

Travalgar

Avatar: 49870 Tue Oct 21 02:47:07 -0400 2008

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

Don’t be stupid. Put the cap to 10.

DEAD fabulous person

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

Travalgar Posted:

Don’t be stupid. Put the cap to 10.

10 Submissions? That’s rather low and makes FB score almost nonfunctional.

Velveteen

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

for once we agree

Travalgar

Avatar: 49870 Tue Oct 21 02:47:07 -0400 2008

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

SG94 Posted:

10 Submissions? That’s rather low and makes FB score almost nonfunctional.

I meant +10 FB score.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

so 17 subs.

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

Bump in light of domination imbalance.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

How has the change affected how much chocolate can be earned? Previously downvotes more or less balanced upvotes from what I was seeing, so does that mean players are now earning lots of chocolate, where before it was practically none?

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

in light of domination balance, I am now against this. a high number of submissions gives solo players the ability to rake in a lot of scoops. sort of like a chocolate raid. Which in turn encourages a lot of participation in forumbuildr, Which results in better forums.

one’s access to the windfalls is determined purely on the quality of their submissions.

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

Instead of a hard cap, I suggest merely changing the formula so that the rate at which you get more submissions decays. Something like 5 + score ^ .5 or 10 + ln(score)

Granted I don’t even know what the current formula is so for all I know it might already work that way.

1338h4x edited this message on 08/19/2008 11:11AM

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

it is currently simply buildrscore + 7, and your buildrscore can either get +1, +2, no change, or -1 based on the sum of all your submissions relative the the average sum, at the end of any given week. one week I had a total of -15 and still got +1, so the end score adjustments are heavily biased by how people are voting during the week.

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

one’s access to the windfalls is determined purely on the quality of their submissions.

That would be true if everyone had the same number of subs available and wouldn’t be dwarfed by players with insane scores.

Squidly

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

in light of domination balance, I am now against this. a high number of submissions gives solo players the ability to rake in a lot of scoops. sort of like a chocolate raid. Which in turn encourages a lot of participation in forumbuildr, Which results in better forums.

You already have a huge number of submissions, which if you stay active, is an unbumailable advantage. And from now on, you’re going to be using all your submissions I guess, which means newer players aren’t going to get a look in at any of the peens either.

Encouraging creativity is good, but the current advantage, for constant participation is effectively exponential (up to the point where we’re flooded with submissions I guess, not that that’s a bad thing in itself)

Squidly edited this message on 08/19/2008 11:18AM

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

its not difficult to get a pretty high buildrscore if you are patient. on an alt I already have a score of 10 after only a few weeks of subbing.

to get the peens you just have to get your buildrscore high enough, then go “all in” in any given category.

chances are those like me who are using all our subs are gonna spread them out or use them in the highly voted categories of enemies and ideas. (if we’re clever enough anyway)

you gotta look past the present situation at the bigger picture.

Squidly

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I appreciate the advantages to the bigger picture, and that we’ll hopefully be getting much higher quality forums because of this change, but it’s not without a price. 40 submissions vs 7 (starting this week) is a huge advantage. In 6 months someone starting now might be on 40 submissions, and you’d then be on… 70? And in each category we’d have a few thousand entries to vote in…

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!