Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

CrinkzPipe Posted:

i admit what i posted was a tad stupid. Log in to see images!

but that right there is what annoys me the most. The fact that you need to come up with a word for your group to make you feel special. It couldn’t of just been “I like a show.” Coming up with the name brony to describe it just feels obsessive. Thus using it to describe yourself I see you obsessing over a show aimed at children.

Whereas the reaction of those outside of any community who are angry at the community for being insane, is to attack what they have gathered around.

When a crazed community comes around and messes up the whole thing, it can really ruin the impression of the show/movie/book/music… for someone and what annoys me the most is them taking it out not on the community that has ruined how others see the media, but the media itself.

It’s not that the show is terrible, but that it’s not so great as to devote hundreds of fan sites to it or roleplay as ponies all day. However good Harry Potter was it wasn’t real so making a legit Hogwarts school is ****ing insane! Mac vs PC is a matter of preference, not a lifestyle choice. They have a lot of skeezy business practices that are defended for some reason (Jobs had no need to give to charity because his contribution to the world was the Mac? wtf!) And what the hell kind of self-indulgence is calling it the Genius Bar?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!