Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

viscera

Avatar: 244707 2011-07-31 00:17:44 -0400

[Lee Harvey Oswalds-
Orphan Powered De-
ath Machine
]

Level 69 Hacker

FEED ME A STRAY CAT

I haven’t worked with flash in ages, but they need to be converted to .flv format using compression software. The .swf file is part of it too, but it’s the part that plays the .flv. I think what you need to convert to the .flv are the video pieces you have. One won’t work without the other. I used something called Blaze Media something in the past, it compressed and let me switch pieces around fairly easily. It compiled the .swf portion for me as well, so while I know that it’s essential, I’m not at all sure how you do it without specific software. I think the .swf is kind of a universal part of flash animation that you might not even have to create yourself, but I could be wrong. I’ll go back through my old stuff and try to figure out what I did when I’m less sleep deprived, but I am certain that you don’t need to convert your animations themselves to .swf but to .flv. What software are you using?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!