Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

fembot_ Posted:

Listen to man-man. Log in to see images!

Yeah, listen to that guy, right on.

While I’m here, I realised I left this alone last time around

AIDS woman's genitals Posted:

Anythings plausible. That’s not to say I believe it. But aspects of the Christian life seem to be appealing.

When you say anything’s plausible… religion tends to be built rather heavily on top of things that aren’t, normally speaking, possible, that defy physics as we know it, and can only be considered possible/plausible under the bumumption that a god exists who can break the rules and make them happen anyway. If you believe in god then yeah, anything is possible because that’s what omnipotence means, but it just pushes the question back – is god possible? I actually think not, because the definition of “god”, as provided by believers, is either self-contradicting or so vague as to be worthless. Without a proper definition of what god is, the argument about whether such a thing exists is pointless.

Example: the god described by christians is supposed to be omnipotent and omniscient; all powerful and all knowing. But if you know everything then you know what your future actions will be before you decide to carry them out, and are powerless to act differently. Logical flaw, one of many.

Even if you accept the definition provided, there’s normally also things in there that are just demonstrably not true. The christian version of god is supposed to answer prayers, which is not only inconsistent with the separate notion of god having a perfect plan (you expect to be able to change his mind?) but we can also show that prayer has no measurable effect on medical outcome, claim proved false.

I think it’s dumb to believe things without a decent reason to think that they’re true. I see no good reasons to think god exists and plenty of reasons to think he doesn’t, so I don’t believe. YMMV I guess, but I’d be interested to know what your reasoning is if you do jump on the god-wagon.

Although… “not to say I believe it. But aspects of the Christian life do seem to be appealing” suggests your reasoning isn’t along the lines of whether god is a possible thing or not, but about ‘the christian life’ ... what’s special about it? What do they do or have that the rest of us couldn’t if we wanted to? (Honest question).

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!