Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

UnlimitedTyy-
ppi

Avatar: 217173 2009-11-18 08:46:15 -0500

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Dunatis Posted:

I started thinking about that as a kid, about what I’d do if I were a God. I came to the conclusion that at best, I would enter a body and live a bit among my creations for my own amusement. Given the idea that we were made in God’s image that has at least a little validity depending on what that phrase meant in ancient Hebrew or Aramaic.

Is there a religion which thinks god created us to have something to **** around with?

And as far as purpose in life goes, we all can have a purpose that is relevant on earths scale, which is quite enough for me. On any larger scale our influence is minuscule at best for at least a couple of thousand ears ahead. Thus I think god could not even have any grander predetermined purpose for us. And as I said earths scale is too small to be relevant to a near omnipotent power. Ergo god has no reason to give a rats bum about us. Unless He just enjoys staring at how we kill each other, in which case earths scale would be just perfect, though still irrelevant to all those supernovas and whatnot.

And I find it easy to think free will exists. that said I also believe that it would be theoretically possible to foresee everything that goes on around here, had we a big enough “computer”. However that would require a computer very much larger than our universe, so that it could effectively simulate everything that goes on around here. I am practically talking running a 1 to 1 scale simulation in, say 10 times sped up. This would naturally have to occur outside our universe, and is theoretical at best, but you get the point.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!