Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Orifice

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

It’s not so much the logical conclusion of such an argument, but it’s a possibility that’s left open by it – if god could have created a world with the clock already set to the year several billion, then he could equally well have created a world with the clock already set to 5 minutes ago and we’d never know the difference. But of course, “and we’d never know the difference” makes it completely untestable, unverifiable and unfalsifiable, so there’s no good reason to believe such a thing except as after the fact justification for another unsupported belief.

Blatant special pleading really – first they say the world is 6000 years old, then we provide the evidence that it looks much much older, so they claim it was created 6000 years ago with billions of years of history already in place.

Dunatis Posted:

I personally do not believe in either free will or consciousness in the first place nor am I a religious man, but I do find that theory to be an interesting one.

Not believing in free will I can understand; I tend to hover back and forward between thinking it’s a very persistent illusion or liking the materalist justification of free will better. But not believing in consciousness… how are you defining it that you don’t invalidate that claim for yourself every time you wake up?

[Altfail, hai guys this is man-man, you’d probably have guessed but just removing all doubt]

Orifice edited this message on 06/08/2010 6:16AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!