Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

FILE 0295A, continuation of the Doug December case

Lola, if you’ve found this tape, I need you to do me a favor. Transcribe it and take it to Marty downtown. I don’t trust most of the guys on the force anymore, but Marty’s okay. He’s young; one of those idealists. Then what I want you to do is take the rest of the money I have stashed in the icebox and get out of town. Don’t come looking for me, Lola. It ain’t safe. Here’s what happened after I left the office.

When I got into my car last night, those boys in the black sedan started tailing me. So I took the scenic route home; thought I lost them somewhere around Hawthorne. I got back to my apartment, but someone had been there already. The door was open a crack, so I kicked it wide and pulled out my gun. They were waiting for me: one in the kitchen, one ripping up my couch, and the one I didn’t see. I just felt the bum of his revolver on my head and it all went black.

When I came to, I was sitting in my kitchen chair. They’d tied my arms behind my back and the little one with an Italian accent kept asking me what I’d done with the money. I told him I didn’t know about any money. But they didn’t like that answer, and the big guy slugged me in the gut. Then they asked me when I’d last seen Doug. That’s when it got interesting. I wasn’t gonna rat Doug out, so I said I couldn’t remember, that being hit on the head must’ve messed up my memory. I got a punch in the jaw from the big guy for that. And then I saw the third man, sitting in my armchair, in the shadows. I couldn’t see his face, but there was something familiar about him. I knew I’d seen him before; maybe I knew him. But just as I started to get a closer look, I felt that familiar pain in the back of my head and the darkness came.

I woke up and Mrs. Gonzales, my landlady, was fussing over me. She’d heard the commotion and came downstairs and saw the three of them rushing out. She’d untied me and was about to call the police when I stopped her. There was something funny about that third man and I didn’t want to get the police involved until I figured out who he was. Good thing, too. That probably saved her life.

Lola: I have to check out a lead, something I’ve been thinking on. I hope I have a chance to get this all down on tape before it’s too late.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!