Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

Captain_Amaz-
ing

Avatar: 82700 Sun Nov 09 11:06:38 -0500 2008

Level 29 Hacker

“1337”

Shadow Hare Posted:

Dr. Death is dead. You’ve lost touch with what it means to be a superhero, when you can’t even keep track of which of your nemeses are alive or dead.

Yeah, he’s dead right now, but that **** comes back every other week or so. That’s why they call him ‘Dr. Death’.

And don’t kid yourself about that whole ‘what it means to be a superhero’ thing. In a strangely lucid moment for myself, I recently realised that most of us do what we do for the power, and the sheer liberating satisfaction of beating a guy up without any ramifications. It’s less about fighting injustice, and more about the prestige of being a superhero. If justice is what we truly cared about, we would tackle things such as corrupt corporations desecrating the rainforest, or the governments who oppress and abuse their citizens. Instead, we stick to the relatively ‘safe’ and ‘image enhancing’ approach of apprehending street crime (and the odd supervillian). Ask yourself this: what does this make us?

It makes us a couple of sexually confused men in tights that do good to further our own ends.

Woah. That was weird.

Casanova Frankenstein Posted:

So, Captain Amazing, I have one question for you; how many of your precious corporate sponsors do you think will still be interested in your brand once I’ve eliminated 95% of your fanbase?

HAHAHAAHAAA!

Ah, it feels good to laugh again.

Hi Frankie! It’s good to see you again. Where’ve you be-? Oh right, prison.

Anyway, tons of stuff has been happening since you’ve been gone- Did you know they made a movie about us? It was completely inaccurate of course, but it was kinda fun seeing Greg Kinnear’s portrayal of me on the big screen. Well, it would have been if they didn’t kill me off.

Man, we’ve got so much to catch up on. We should do lunch sometime.

Anyway, keeping up appearances, you’ll never get away with this latest scheme, you fiend. We know how this always goes, so you might as well just tell me the whole plan and be done with it. Why 95%, by the way? Is it to demoralise the remaining 5% so that they stop believing in me, therefore sending me into a downwards spiral of drink and depression? Yeah, it’s a bit too late for that, but the thought is appreciated.

See you around!

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!