Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

CrinkzPipe Posted:

I can’t be like “oh! he came from behind, maybe I should watch my back more.” and learn from the death.

You were taken by surprise. If you take the time to check your back, someone else could be rushing at you from the front. If you do everything right and still die, your opponent was just lucky.

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Hell, VALVe has even stated that snipers make people frustrated

The same could be said for every clbum. Look at the Pyro, even after the nerf.

swine Posted:

Any sniper worth a **** can hit you, even with strafing/ducking. Like soldiers they’re supposed to lead their shots a bit and anticipate your movements. Scoped shots are frustrating because you don’t even know you’re sighted. You’re just dead like a bug on a windshield. Aliiiiiiiive*DEAD*

From my experience it’s all about mouse sensitivity. Too little and close range sniping becomes impossible, too much and all sniping becomes impossible. Even if the Sniper is predicting where you will go and you’re heading toward him, if you’ve made it to mid-range any clbum with 100%+ speed will outrace the default, which a lot of Snipers use. A good Sniper IMO would not try to snipe from this range, he would move and fine a better position farther away or select another target.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!