Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

LoTek

[Individual Eleven]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Technologically, there’s nothing revolutionary about games like FarmVille or Mafia Wars or Zynga Poker—they’re simple but addictive time-wasters. Five of Pincus’ games rank among Facebook’s top 10 applications, and Zynga is fast becoming a hit on iTunes’ app store. While the vast majority of Zynga’s 235 million users play for free, a small percentage have been willing to fork over 55 FarmVille bucks ($2 in actual money) for two blue barns or buy 400,000 poker chips for $20 in real currency. Although some question Zynga’s long-term growth potential, industry observers estimate its value at more than $1 billion. Pincus insists an IPO or sale isn’t in the offing—why would he bail just as the new app economy is becoming a reality? “We’re at the dawn of the new Web business plan,” he says. “We’ve created a whole new industry.

Why You Should Love the Most Hated Man on Facebook | details.com

But it’s clear that many of the criticisms—especially those questioning his work for Haitian earthquake relief—irk Pincus. “It’s really reprehensible. I feel morally offended that we get attacked by the media for doing something good and no one else is outraged when these people are wrong,” he says incredulously. A little gratitude might be nice, he adds. “We invented social gaming. We were the first ones to figure out virtual goods and social pay, and we’ve helped the whole industry. They haven’t thanked us for it.

Why You Should Love the Most Hated Man on Facebook | details.com

Generally, I keep JavaScript, Cookies and FlashPlayers disabled, when ForumWarz isn’t satiating Social Network needs, so I’ve never bothered with MySpace or FaceBook.

Although this provides for practically Advertisement Free experience, ForumWarz gaming would seem particularly well suited for mini JavaScript apps, or social Media ports.

Then role playing Character management and development could be Concentrated here or decentralized with Embedded apps.

Also for Anonymous:

Today, moot does his best to keep the cancerous stuff off the site. After lunch, back in his small one-bedroom apartment, moot sits at his tidy desk and begins sifting through 4chan and keeping an eye out for illegal threats and images. Moot says calls from the FBI are now a semi-regular occurrence, and he has no qualms about turning over user information.At this point I know that they can get a subpoena for anything, especially if it has to do with terrorism—those are the magic words,” he says. “Then I comply or I go to jail. These 4channers are breaking the law, and I’m not going to jail for 4chan.

Inside Story of Moot vs. 4chan | details.com

I thought what I’d do was, I’d pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. – J. D. Salinger | Chapter 25 | Catcher in the Rye

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!