Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

scully Posted:

I can’t actually read the Governor’s mind, but it felt like that request was in response to the initial ban being stupid.

The contest called for avatars based on the Governor thing. The majority of entries are just full size images from Google. Most people were clearly just flinging **** at the wall. He made an attempt to warn people that the contest would be canceled, and the response was tons of images that have nothing to do with the contest theme including pics from the April Fools prank and JB’s contest.

Honestly, compared to previous av contests held on here the entries were pathetic.

You know I understand why there needs to be some form of insurance that a contest is legit, but look at JB’s recent contest. He clearly didn’t get what he wanted and only paid out because everyone was whiny about it. In the real world many contests end without a winner because the entrants fail to deliver.

Perhaps the thing to do in the future is to just leave a contest open ended like the Flamebate whoring contests.

I’m tired and have no interest in finishing this note.

I don’t disagree with you about his request. And if he wants to come back, it’s been enough time for the toxx and I’m happy to let him back if he asks.

As for toxxing, I’m torn. Because I see your logic, but it *was* a toxx. I know he was looking for something specific-ish and no one came through… is it worth a task force discussion to see about contests with the ability to not pay out so long as it’s stated in the original post? It couldn’t be just any contest, imo, but ones that are looking for very specific requirements that don’t come through. It could get messy, though.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!