Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

Bashy

Avatar: 97127 Tue Jan 06 09:47:16 -0500 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

platypus.

I think Steve’s “eloquent psychopath” take, as well as the Frost quote, could have been done. The Frost quote could still go in somewhere, technically.

Steve, I just thought your draft was too rough, short and a bit choppy. Your theme didn’t come off in a smooth enough way to be engaging, and it didn’t really have the sort of short-attention-span humor the game needed.

I did try to preserve many of your good ideas and references while fleshing out the rest and, yes, making it more low-brow. Because of how abrupt and unrefined the original mission was, it was bound to end up feeling different than how you left it.

I’m not going to sit here and take jabs at you, and imply that you didn’t have any good ideas. You did. I hope enough were left in that you’re at least a tiny fraction of satisfied. In the end, I had to make decisions to play to the audience and bloat the character into the fat pants of FWZ.

You were a douchebag in general during the project, but I give credit where it is due. You had some good themes and ideas, and they were plenty welcome to work with.

—Bashy

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!