Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Torpeo

Avatar: 181382 Sun May 17 20:59:25 -0400 2009

[Unban or Friend Th-
e nerd o powa comm-
ittee
]

Level 32 Emo Kid

“Zorba the Bleak”

Can thread get back on topic please? I want to read about books I’ve never heard of, not Catcher in the Rye again. :[

I’m kind of a fantasy nerd (boo yeah elves) so I when I was younger I used to lurk the fantasy section of the bookstore in town. Everytime I would see this book and never touch it. So one day I did and I was pleasantly surprised.

Dragons of the Cuyahoga is a ‘modern fantasy’ meaning it’s a fantasy novel that takes place in the modern world. It’s a one shot, which is a rarity in the fantasy land and one of the reason why I probably enjoyed it as much as I did.

Basicly rundown of the plot is that one day a magical portal opened up over Cleveland and magical refuges started pouring out. If they leave the ‘magic zone’ created by the portal they fizzle up and die or some **** cause they can’t really survive in our reality. So the end result is that they’ve kind of taken over the city and what not. The main charactor is a reporter and he’s bumigned to the mysterious death of a dragon. It just kinda mysteriously fell from the sky when it shouldn’t have. The charactor is all like ‘**** yeah, a mystery’ and he uncovers many exciting things.

Nothing particularly ground breaking about it but it was a pleasant light read.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!