Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

Shii Posted:

I pretty much agree with all of this; I feel like the people who say “well this is a hard site to get into the community” are wrong. What they should be saying is that it takes a different approach to get into the community here than somewhere else.

On other forums, you can get away with just jumping in and saying hi to everyone, trying to get into the swing of things, but here, it’s more similar to a sports team.

One new guy comes in, and everyone else is already long-time friends and knows the inside jokes, if that new guy starts trying to act like he has always been there, he’s gonna get hazed. It works the same way with new players and even new rp alts. Your MAIN might be one of the guys, but the alt is NOT. The alt is, in all senses, a new person who has never been on the site before.

You may be used to just talking with everyone, but you have to put the “newbie” hat back on. When you first started I doubt you just jumped in, you probably lurked, talked a little in IDC, posted on a thread every few days or something. That’s how you “start off” on an rp alt, and if you don’t, it’ll get destroyed like every other new poster.

tl;dr listen to Femline

This man speaks the truth.

I say it’s about time someone writes an article about how to rp properly, from creating your rp alt to your withdrawal from the community. Fort? Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!