Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

First up – I really hope this is more about the bigger issue and not me leaving.

Secondly – “I thought you left” – thread was linked in IRC.

Finally – Duca has a very valid point, that it’s not just “trolls” keeping RP down, it’s people not properly RPing (or RPing at all). It’s both. And maybe it’s both feeding each other in a vicious cycle. Whatever. I just didn’t see any reason to stick around in an “RP Community” that has borderline zero Roleplaying. Because then it’s just a community, and frankly there are plenty of better ones out there.

Just wanted to drop in my ideas on what *I* would consider Civil RP since it’s sort of the reason I left and at least partially what sparked off this particular thread.

Gimmick Alts are not Role Players. If you can’t see the difference, you probably never played a role. I’m not saying Gimmick Alts are terrible and shouldn’t exist, but they, like Mast Ertroll said, don’t contribute anything.

Google Ads = Gimmick

The Unknown Comic = Roleplay

“Troll Characters” – Alt revealing, wether it’s widely known or not who the “main” is, is not role playing. Ever. Even if you claim thats what your character “does” – that’s not a character, that’s a gimmick. Think of it like an Eddie Murphy movie where he plays like 10 of the roles. It would not make for a good movie if there were extras on set who had no other lines than “Shut up Eddie Murphy” to any character he played. Sure, it might be entertaining to some (as a gimmick), but it does nothing to progress the storyline.

Nor does calling out that they are RPing. Or responding to them in any other way, than if they were a real person with whatever personality traits were shown. So – if its your thing to troll by telling people to **** off, then don’t say “**** off you suck at role playing” – because you are calling them out portraying a character – “**** off you are a worthless whore” would be more appropriate.

——

Now, I’m 90% sure most people who play forumwarz probably never played participated in LARP, or drama clbum, or anything like that and are just here to play a free game and post goatse and tell people to eat a bag of male reproductive organs. Hey that’s great, doesn’t belong in Civil RP though. And these are the people who won’t take the time to give any sort of personality to each character, and that’s fine too, but if you are at all interested in participating in Civil RP (here if it ever happens, or elsewhere) you might wanna reconsider, maybe watch other people do it before you jump in.

Anyway – I didn’t wanna start any drama. Which is why I didn’t make some long post or anything I just said bye and left it at that. I don’t deserve the attention, but hey if it leads to some civil RP actually happening maybe I’ll come back. Just not on this or any of my other existing alts. In hopes none of you would recognize me anyway because I’d be in character.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!