Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Claine

Avatar: 124948 Tue Feb 24 04:07:52 -0500 2009

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

I guess most of you don’t know me. I do an awful lot of lurking and not an awful lot of posting. Part of the reason is that I’m not a great conversationalist, but the other is I’m a huge coward and you guys scare me Log in to see images!.

However, I am a huge RP-fabulous person, and I do have a couple of alts I’ve never really used, which are RP-able. The reason I haven’t really touched the RP forums is because a lot of threads seem to go down like this:

Post 1: An attempt to be witty

Post 2: Wow, quit being so unfunny

Post x: Flamebate isn’t as good as it used to be / Flamebate is dying.

The fact is, that everybody seems to be brewing on Flamebate’s death that new RPers will struggle to break through and that old ones will get tired of it and quit. I know you might not like to hear it, but from this outsiders persepective, you’re killing yourselves. Even an unfunny post can be RPed off in a better fashion than “Stop being unfunny.”

I don’t think a new forum will fix it. Maybe it will in the short term, but I think it is inevitable that it will become the same as the old RP forums. I think the only thing that will fix it (like the only thing that will fix INCIT) is that the community must come together in an attempt to fix it. If you want better RPing, you must do better RPing.

There is only so much the admins can do, such as providing a place and rules – however they can not provide quality RPers. That’s you – the userbase’s job! You have to be in there RPing, and encoraging others to RP.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!